[DONE] OD Windows binaries

Re: [TODO] OD Windows binaries

Postby Bertram » 23 Jan 2014, 17:40

Old SFML SDK ?
Well do you want me to update used SFML to newest one ( something like 2.* ? )

Yep, could you? :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 23 Jan 2014, 23:20

I would do that ASAP ,

I need to get workign package for OpenSuse, I mean there are binaries of their www site , but I don't want to break my package layout on hdd .. .
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 24 Jan 2014, 10:04

Hi Paul,

I need to get workign package for OpenSuse, I mean there are binaries of their www site , but I don't want to break my package layout on hdd .. .

Oww, I just hope it won't mess your working environment too much. If so, just tell me, I'll have a go at compiling SFML from source.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 24 Jan 2014, 14:59

Ok, modified and git pushed to development branch
EDIT : hope for some feedback again from you soon .
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 27 Jan 2014, 11:14

Hi Paul, :)

Thanks for the work done on it! (By looking at it, the change was rather easy fortunately.)

I had a busy week-end and have got some small urgencies to deal first with the coming days.
But I'll have a go at it by the end of the week.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 27 Jan 2014, 18:10

Does that mean we are close to a windows working version? (finger crossed)
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 29 Jan 2014, 10:02

Eh eh. :)
Time will tell. I've updated my repo with Paul's changes.
Next step will be to test all that. Wish me good luck.

Completely, unrelated:
@Paul, Could you tell me whether this change is breaking anything for you or whether it can be merged?
https://github.com/Bertram25/OpenDungeo ... 2854185215

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 29 Jan 2014, 12:25

The only change I see are some formatting issues , tab here , space there , fell free to merge it into developer branch if you need that ...
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 29 Jan 2014, 23:55

OMG! It runs! (But wait it's still a semi victory)
od-0.4.9-msvc11.png

The new game option makes the game crash due to something in CEGUI mouse up event,
and the editor option makes the game stop due to yet other missing Ogre resources. But we're close, right? :D

As I had to made certain changes to the code to make the game run, I'll check those first.

Stay tuned!
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 30 Jan 2014, 00:43

Update: We're close! New game starts! :D
od-0.4.9-msvc11-2.png
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 30 Jan 2014, 01:18

Her you are :D Champagne!

od-0.4.9-msvc11-3.png

I had to create a bunch of clone mesh files to get it running. Is this normal?
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
In 'models/'
Claimed_0.mesh
Claimed_00001110.mesh
Claimed_10000000.mesh
Claimed_10001000.mesh
Claimed_10001111.mesh
Claimed_11111111.mesh
Dirt_0.mesh
Dirt_00000000.mesh
Dirt_00001000.mesh
Dirt_00001110.mesh
Dirt_10001000.mesh
Dirt_10001111.mesh
Dirt_11111111.mesh
Water_00000010.mesh
Water_00001110.mesh
Water_00100010.mesh
Water_11100011.mesh
Water_11111111.mesh

I just copied the first mesh file each time.

I also actually wonder how you do to compile OD on linux, as I had to fix a way lot of compile errors before getting it running. But here we are :)

I'll upload a zip file with hopefully all that's necessary to run the game in the repo, as a first step. :)
And I'll also provide a patch fixing all the most annoying errors and warning found along the way.

Best regards,
Last edited by Bertram on 30 Jan 2014, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 30 Jan 2014, 01:44

That's really GREAT!
Read the FAQ you would get what are the problems with the Postfixes ...
BTW new SFML provided some high-frequency squeaks when playing sometimes some sounds... but it won't hurt your ears though ...
Your screenshots look like you miss the Tiles displaying ... hmm ...
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 30 Jan 2014, 02:06

Hi Paul :)

Thanks a lot for all the help! It paid!

Here is a (late) gift:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/daet6dhog5vk1 ... -01-30.zip

Unzip anywhere, and run! It's standalone.

You must install properly the NST. Go to . Download tarball ( bottom of the page ) and
unpack its content to media dir. If you have done that already, ensure that you have
renamed one of the alternative Tile's postfixes ( *a | *b ) to their normal name. So
Dirt_10001000a.mesh | Dirt_10001000b.mesh -> Dirt_10001000.mesh , just pick one and rename
as needed. Repeat on similar exceptions until success .

Could you explain me a bit about what is the NST (New Skorpio Tileset), and what are postfixes?
And why are they needed? Can't we put them directly in the media repo and stop bothering the users with that?

Currenltly Windows version is quite complicated to build , the user Bertram promises to
deliver auto-build system for Win, so we have nightly builds after every code's
commit. Let keep him by this promise .

I didn't promise nightly build but will provide the necessary info needed to build it from source once things have settled down a bit.

Another bad thing for you guys is that now you will have to teach me how to play! ;P

Best regards, :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 30 Jan 2014, 03:10

Hi again,

@Paul: Sorry as it seems I've got some work for you once again:

Could you try this patch and tell me whether it is breaking anything on linux?
https://github.com/Bertram25/OpenDungeo ... 7225092c86

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 30 Jan 2014, 10:28

Hi again, (I'm rather spamming those times, right?) ;)

Please note that the current OD binary won't run on XP (see below):
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/ ... 57555.aspx

And that you will need msvc redist dlls to run it. I'll try to deal with the missing dll problem asap, but meanwhile,
you can download the needed dlls there:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30679
(You'll have to choose the x86 version.)

Best regards,
Last edited by Bertram on 30 Jan 2014, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Re: [ALMOST DONE] OD Windows binaries

Postby paul424 » 30 Jan 2014, 11:28

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/suffix
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/postfix

Noun

suffix (plural suffixes)

One or more letters or sounds added at the end of a word to modify the word's meaning.

The suffix "-able" changes "sing" into "singable".

(mathematics) A subscript.

NST is New Scorpio Tileset as opposed to the old one set from version below 4.8 , and those are blender models of walls , terrain , rocks ( moved to Ogre3d format) etc .... in shape of a cube but I extrude that in OD code to be higher than creatures . Each NST must known it's eight neigbourhood Tiles , that is whether to put closed ( empty space ) or opened ( hole) mesh , that's why in the filename there must be some like 001010010.

If you are bored with this just download my test linux package and http://sourceforge.net/projects/opendungeons/files/Current%20Release/opendungeons-testing-Linux-x86_64-4.9.0-tar.gz/download replace it with it's >>models<< directory .

A pity I have mainly access to the WindowsXp, Do you still get empty space instead of Tiles ?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 30 Jan 2014, 13:47

Hi Paul,

NST is New Scorpio Tileset as opposed to the old one set from version below 4.8 , and those are blender models of walls , terrain , rocks ( moved to Ogre3d format) etc .... in shape of a cube but I extrude that in OD code to be higher than creatures . Each NST must known it's eight neigbourhood Tiles , that is whether to put closed ( empty space ) or opened ( hole) mesh , that's why in the filename there must be some like 001010010.

If you are bored with this just download my test linux package and http://sourceforge.net/projects/opendun ... z/download replace it with it's >>models<< directory .

Well, I know what a postfix is in general, I must say I checked and got the trick in the meanwhile. Yet, why aren't the meshes in the media repo set to be ready to go? What is preventing from making them ready from the start?

A pity I have mainly access to the WindowsXp,

I promise I'll fix that. But as it requires me to recompile everything (including the dependencies) with simply a different linking option, I would like to focus on making something sane enough first.

Do you still get empty space instead of Tiles ?

I've been watching the videos you've made and here is what I've got:
- I think no tiles are displayed correctly (but I need to copy your models/ folder and try again, first).
- The minimap isn't displayed. (just a square randomly changing color according to the field of view you've got.)
- The field of view I have is full top-down while you had something more in perspective in your videos, and you were able to rotate/zoom.
I couldn't find the keys to do that so far, but I'll need to check the help maybe.
- The creatures are displayed the same than you, only a few of them are textured.
- The mouse is working and I can grab creatures, yet, the wall selection rectangle is behaving weirdly (not always appearing). I don't know whether it's because of the current field of view.

I noticed you also had missing tiles on your videos, and that certain tiles were disappearing when zooming in. Do you think we could concentrate on fixing this and add a zero-user-config working NST in the media repo?

I'll also provide you the missing glsl files needed to make the game start with ogre 1.9, but could you tell me more about my patch first?

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 30 Jan 2014, 18:56

I've been watching the videos you've made and here is what I've got:
- I think no tiles are displayed correctly (but I need to copy your models/ folder and try again, first).
- The minimap isn't displayed. (just a square randomly changing color according to the field of view you've got.)

Minimap broken since porting.
- The field of view I have is full top-down while you had something more in perspective in your videos, and you were able to rotate/zoom.
I couldn't find the keys to do that so far, but I'll need to check the help maybe.

You must hold LMB and drag coursor in the screen margin ( top, down , right , left ) . ( like 5% screen is for this)

- The creatures are displayed the same than you, only a few of them are textured.
- The mouse is working and I can grab creatures, yet, the wall selection rectangle is behaving weirdly (not always appearing). I don't know whether it's because of the current field of view.

It's not your fault again .
I noticed you also had missing tiles on your videos, and that certain tiles were disappearing when zooming in. Do you think we could concentrate on fixing this and add a zero-user-config working NST in the media repo?

It's problem of culling , by default it's disabled .

I'll also provide you the missing glsl files needed to make the game start with ogre 1.9, but could you tell me more about my patch first?

Your patch fine, you can commit it.
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 30 Jan 2014, 23:26

Hi Paul,

Thanks for all the answers.

You must hold LMB and drag coursor in the screen margin ( top, down , right , left ) . ( like 5% screen is for this)

This is making the map scroll, just as the arrows and the wsdz keys. I tried home, end, page up, page down according to the game commands wiki page
but it's only rotating a bit and restoring the original view once I release the key. I guess this is also from the port?

It's problem of culling, by default it's disabled.

Why is it disabled? Does it cause other problems?

Your patch fine, you can commit it.

Ok, I've committed the patches + a .gitattributes file to avoid future line endings problems.

I'll work on a new zip file now and will give some news afterwards.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 31 Jan 2014, 00:08

Hi again,

With the models/ folder you've hinted me to, I've got all the tiles back, thanks!
od-msvc4.png

I'll reupload a new zip once I've figured out exactly what glsl files are needed.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 31 Jan 2014, 00:40

Here is the new zip file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbk2x7nitzyuj ... -01-30.zip
- I've added the msvc redist files so you shouldn't have to get them anymore
- I've added the missing models there so you will have all the tiles displayed, now.
!! Still not working on XP for now.

EDIT: After some tests, it seems fixing a few things in my dependencies the last time made the glsl file not needed anymore. So nothing to add, and nothing added in the new zip. :)

I'll defunc the old link now.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Re: [DONE] OD Windows binaries

Postby ReZ » 31 Jan 2014, 03:35

A little bird told me that this is a working version for Windows? Is that correct? if so; Awesome!
ReZ

Postby Bertram » 31 Jan 2014, 10:14

A little bird told me that this is a working version for Windows? Is that correct? if so; Awesome!

Yep! I'm so glad either. :)

Even if it's still doesn't run on XP, could someone try the archive and tell me whether it's also running for him/her?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I just saw the "Champagne!" news post from Paul424 on the website. ;D
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 02 Feb 2014, 18:03

Hi!

I've recompiled the exe with XP support. Here is the exe link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgpgwa2r0sl21 ... ngeons.exe

Can someone test this on XP?
You'll have to download the zip file and replace OpenDungeons.exe there with the one given.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Sauer2 » 02 Feb 2014, 21:33

Hi,
I tried the build linked on the OD website and got this:
Unbenannt.png

Hope this is not redundant.
Is that one of the common I-forgot-to-include-this-lib-because-it-works-on-the-devs-pc cases?
BTW: Win 7, 64 bit don't ask me about the correct eidtion.
Sauer2