[DONE] OD Windows binaries

Re: [DONE] OD Windows binaries

Postby Danimal » 02 Dec 2014, 10:15

we still have problems with the size ratios, ill see what can i do about it
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 02 Dec 2014, 10:35

Maybe I should wait for new models before opening an issue, then?
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 02 Dec 2014, 12:59

its that i have the impresion that corridors are too narrow even for small creatures
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 02 Dec 2014, 14:30

We may try different things on 0.5.0/development. After all, it will soon be time to start applying normals on all models, and fix light issues. ;)
And all this fits well along with such changes.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby hwoarangmy » 03 Dec 2014, 23:20

I've just noticed a regression in the training room. Now, when a creature is training, if the room is extended, the active spots were creatures were training in the original room are lost.
I don't know where the regression comes from as I'm sure it used to work. But anyway, I will rewrite the room absorbtion code as it is a bit obsolete now with buildings and a bit complicated.
hwoarangmy

Postby Danimal » 04 Dec 2014, 23:55

i stumbled a bit on github + git, i tried to be as cautious as possible but insta-merged a pull request. Now i know the right way of doing pull requests, so please overlook the blunder. If you dont like the new skin for tentacle you can revert it.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Akien » 05 Dec 2014, 00:06

Danimal {l Wrote}:i stumbled a bit on github + git, i tried to be as cautious as possible but insta-merged a pull request. Now i know the right way of doing pull requests, so please overlook the blunder. If you dont like the new skin for tentacle you can revert it.

I guess Bertram will do some cleaning (maybe leaving your commit for the skin tentacle which looks alright, but there's also some test stuff to clean up).
Basically, you should always work in a clone of Danimal696/OpenDungeons. You do not need to have a local copy of OpenDungeons/OpenDungeons, you can leave that to Bertram and his git-fu :-)
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby Bertram » 05 Dec 2014, 11:06

Heya, :)
Danimal {l Wrote}:i stumbled a bit on github + git, i tried to be as cautious as possible but insta-merged a pull request. Now i know the right way of doing pull requests, so please overlook the blunder. If you dont like the new skin for tentacle you can revert it.

Yeah, I'll remove the test commit something like tonight (and remove the 0.5 branch as well, btw.). But I guess the tentacle texture is fine IMHO.
I'd just like to know whether the old texture can be removed. (Would be a nice second PR. ;])

Akien {l Wrote}:I guess Bertram will do some cleaning (maybe leaving your commit for the skin tentacle which looks alright, but there's also some test stuff to clean up).
Basically, you should always work in a clone of Danimal696/OpenDungeons. You do not need to have a local copy of OpenDungeons/OpenDungeons, you can leave that to Bertram and his git-fu :-)

Thanks for the git-fu ;) But in any case, Danimal will have to learn his surprise punishment on our next lan. ;P

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 05 Dec 2014, 14:42

Thanks for the git-fu ;) But in any case, Danimal will have to learn his surprise punishment on our next lan. ;P

i wonder what creature will i modify and make uber without you knowing... As for the tentacle i have never been a fan of tiger stripes, pretty bad taste in my opinion
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 04 Feb 2015, 16:17

This one version is pretty neat :) ; the FOW makes everything about digging and not knowing what is there cooler; payday is too soon between one another, but since it can be changed is no problem, wages are too high for tier 1 creatures but we will get to that later.
Its more stable (no crash at all after 1 hour gameplay), i like how kobolds carry thing over their heads :twisted: . NORMALS!!!! :lol: :heart: :lol: :heart:

A few things pooped thougth:
I spotted a regresion, if you create a new treasury near a gold vein and excavate it, your kobolds carry the gold to your first treasury, not to the nearest one(the first treasury was premade/loaded from map).
Ligths from cursor override normals? maybe the reflection map is too trong
Yellow mark for dig is too thin, it should be darker/brigther
"Star" from ground tiles need cleaning, there are some stray pixels -> Me

Some minor fixes it could use:
Creatures position walking in water/lava could be lowered from ground level
Lower treasury total gold stored, i can store over 40k in 3x3
Ramdom rotation on money bags on treasury, to fake more variety
A ranged minion for keepers (where to get one i wonder?)

Overall new features are Great!!
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 05 Feb 2015, 10:50

Its more stable (no crash at all after 1 hour gameplay),

Yes, we made Danimal play for at least 1 hour ;) Too late, he's addicted now. :>

I spotted a regresion, if you create a new treasury near a gold vein and excavate it, your kobolds carry the gold to your first treasury, not to the nearest one(the first treasury was premade/loaded from map).

I've created an issue: https://github.com/OpenDungeons/OpenDungeons/issues/480

Ligths from cursor override normals? maybe the reflection map is too trong
Yellow mark for dig is too thin, it should be darker/brigther

I agree with the new yellow being to discrete, too.
I'd advise you to see that with oln as he made most of the changes there. I'm sure it's a matter of changing a few values. :)

"Star" from ground tiles need cleaning, there are some stray pixels -> Me

Ok, i've created a small reminder: https://github.com/OpenDungeons/OpenDungeons/issues/481

Creatures position walking in water/lava could be lowered from ground level

Some of them fly, so it may not be that simple. Did we want kobolds to walk on water or not, btw, alla DK1?

Lower treasury total gold stored, i can store over 40k in 3x3

How much would you find acceptable?

Ramdom rotation on money bags on treasury, to fake more variety

I would also offset them a bit at random within the tile. But all this info might need to be stored on client? (Not sure about it, though.)

A ranged minion for keepers (where to get one i wonder?)

Is it the Dark Elf missing creature we were talking about?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby hwoarangmy » 05 Feb 2015, 11:32

Bertram {l Wrote}:Yes, we made Danimal play for at least 1 hour ;) Too late, he's addicted now. :>
Our evil plan is known from everybody now...

Bertram {l Wrote}:Some of them fly, so it may not be that simple. Did we want kobolds to walk on water or not, btw, alla DK1?
If we really want to lower some creatures when walking over water/lava, the most simple, IMHO, is to add an attribute in the creature definition. That would also allow to lower more or less depending on the creature type.

Bertram {l Wrote}:How much would you find acceptable?
I would say the easier would be to add that in room.cfg. This way, you don't even have to bother about it :)

Bertram {l Wrote}:I would also offset them a bit at random within the tile. But all this info might need to be stored on client? (Not sure about it, though.)
I'm not really sure if it can be client only information or if the server must know about it. My feeling is that it could be but it may be more complex than expected.
hwoarangmy

Postby Danimal » 05 Feb 2015, 14:15

I'm not really sure if it can be client only information or if the server must know about it. My feeling is that it could be but it may be more complex than expected.

Go to the easiest implementation, each client can see them in a different way, there is no difference gamewise, just a visual one.

Some of them fly, so it may not be that simple. Did we want kobolds to walk on water or not, btw, alla DK1?

Dont you dare nerf my kobolds anymore! :x; maybe add a value "fly=true" that ignores the offset when in water/lava?

Is it the Dark Elf missing creature we were talking about?

Yes, but there is not even an untextured base model, so im giving priority to models that only need rigging. I found an Imp, so i guess it could do as a tier 1 ranged unit for keepers
Bertram wrote:Yes, we made Danimal play for at least 1 hour ;) Too late, he's addicted now. :>

Our evil plan is known from everybody now...

I wonder who is dancing on whose hands :cool:
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 05 Feb 2015, 16:49

Go to the easiest implementation, each client can see them in a different way, there is no difference gamewise, just a visual one.

Goes without saying. We are very disciplined when it comes to laziness. ;)

Dont you dare nerf my kobolds anymore! :x; maybe add a value "fly=true" that ignores the offset when in water/lava?

Eh eh. I prefer hwoarangmy's idea, though. An float value offset in tiles could make even more moddable.

Yes, but there is not even an untextured base model, so im giving priority to models that only need rigging. I found an Imp, so i guess it could do as a tier 1 ranged unit for keepers

Cool :) Btw, have you tried the Hero faction in the latest dev build? They have little dwarves as workers now. You might want to have a look at a replacer or adding missing anims. But exams first!

I wonder who is dancing on whose hands :cool:

owww, conspiracy.... ;)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 11 Feb 2015, 23:09

the troll bed is ready, the only missing thing is making it have working normals, can someone try it? i getsomething really ugly by using the same way as the walls.
get the below result with:

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
import RTSS/NormalMapping_MultiPass from "RTShaderSystem.material"
material Trollbed : RTSS/NormalMapping_MultiPass
{
    technique
    {
        pass lighting
        {
            // Override the normal map.
            rtshader_system
            {
                lighting_stage normal_map TrollBedTextureNormal.png tangent_space 0 bilinear 1 -1.0
            }
        }
        pass decal
        {
        lighting off
            // We use blending, so that we can see the underlying texture.
            texture_unit decalmap
            {
                texture TrollBedTexture.png
            }
        }
    }
}
Attachments
OpenDungeons 2015-02-11 23-21-21-546.png
Troll bed.zip
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 13 Feb 2015, 14:35

Did anyone test yet?
To completely get the problem, is that the fact the wood is too light emissive, like metal, right?
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 13 Feb 2015, 15:23

how could i limit that value?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 13 Feb 2015, 16:05

(Without willing to patronize as you must be much more at ease than me about this.)

800px-Phong_components_version_4.png

I hope this will help you. I'll make my own tries asap.

EDIT: Beware, emissive != specular in Ogre.
The specular is the reflective component of light while the emissive is the self-source measure of light.
For wood, I'd bet both may be low.

Have a look here for their definition: http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/manual/manual_16.html#Passes
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby hwoarangmy » 13 Feb 2015, 22:16

I've updated the dropbox release with the actual dev repo + my PR:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmphkwondup52 ... e.zip?dl=0

Can someone upload it to SF ?
hwoarangmy

Postby Akien » 13 Feb 2015, 23:36

hwoarangmy {l Wrote}:I've updated the dropbox release with the actual dev repo + my PR:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmphkwondup52 ... e.zip?dl=0

Can someone upload it to SF ?

Done :-)
Maybe you could use the same naming scheme as I do for the folder/zip file, to ease traceability?
I'm using OpenDungeons-git${date}-Win32 with the date in YYYYMMDD.
Akien

Postby Bertram » 14 Feb 2015, 09:38

I wondered. Are the OD portable binaries lacking the libggi so file, just like the VT portable binary was?
Off-topic: I've uploaded the x64 portable binary of VT? Thanks :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Akien » 14 Feb 2015, 12:29

Bertram {l Wrote}:I wondered. Are the OD portable binaries lacking the libggi so file, just like the VT portable binary was?

Nope, because OD does not depend on libggi :-)
Bertram {l Wrote}:Off-topic: I've uploaded the x64 portable binary of VT? Thanks :)

You're welcome :-)
Akien

Postby eugeneloza » 15 Feb 2015, 13:39

Tried the last binary... I wonder, why other my creatures always kill my hornets???

There are holes in the corners...
screenshot.jpg
eugeneloza

Postby Bertram » 15 Feb 2015, 16:41

Hey Eugeneloza :)

Yeah, Spiders don't like CaveHornets. they are natural enemies. ;)
Sometimes the hornets win though.

As for the corners, it's a known issue due to missing tiles types, discussed in the following link: https://github.com/OpenDungeons/OpenDungeons/issues/273
You'll have to bug Danimal until he's fed up with it and add them. ;)

Btw, I just fixed the wall miscoloring seen on your screenshot.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby eugeneloza » 15 Feb 2015, 18:03

Bertram {l Wrote}:Yeah, Spiders don't like CaveHornets. they are natural enemies. ;)
Sometimes the hornets win though.

Oh... I see... I had a suspicion about this, but now I know for sure :) .

(UPD) got two messages: Pit daemon (troll) is not under your control anymore. But I had none...

(UPD) It would be also great to know where the battle takes place. 'Cause I hear the music change, hits and slashes, but I cannot find where it is...

P.S. Mechanical worker still has non-transparent gear.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (123.21 KiB) Viewed 11312 times
eugeneloza