So, finally i could spend some Time in-a row on the Project.
Pushing it forward as fast as possible. Next Months are some deadlines, examinations and paper Stuff, just the usual Life as a Student
. So I have to use the Time efficiently.
I am right now uploading another Video.
As you can see on the Screen i made a Test with lots of Creatures, works pretty well and fast.http://youtu.be/jCESnFuyTn4
About the Video:
- I used the Orc from the Source, is that your updated Version you mean @Skorpio? The Animation Export is little bit buggy.
- In the end you can see the nice Water-Mirror-Effects.
- I made the Imps work 3x faster just for the Video. Of course they will work slower in the Game later ^^
- You can watch it now in 1080p Version, to see the grafics better
- You can see a working creature counter in my "quick n dirty" gui.
- I made an red text in the right top corner to see the objects name the curser is pointing. Later cool to show properties of objects like in dk2 without clicking
- What do you think about the blue transparent selection Helper? Its only shown when pointing over "digable" ressources.
- If you watch close enough you can see that one of the imps dont want to work today (bug that occurs sometimes, dont had the time to find the reason yet). ^^
I have to mention that I already had a "playable" Version in 2010, with some Basic Gameplay possible like mining Gold, spend Gold to Build buildings and get more creatures.
But that was in 2D. Here you can see how it looked ^^ We made a Poster about the small Project: (in german sorry).
We developed that time in German, so Variables, Comments and so on are not suitable for you. There were also lots of changes and improvements on the Jadex framework. In 2011/2012 I developed the 3d support for Jadex and wrote my thesis about it.
So now I refractored a tones of Code at the Weekend from the old Project and use a new kind of agents our BDIv3 Agents. We developed very performant and easier to code (annotations instead of xml).
All the creatures there besides the IMPS are BDIv3 Agents. I developed them today. They have only a Perfom Patrol-GOAL until now, (to they walk to random positions), but I also workin on them, its kind of fun ^^.
I already decided to move the AgentKeeper Project to GoogleCode
. When the basis-refractoring is done (in 1 or 2 weeks, depends how well the "lerning" for my examinations goes).
But then I am totally ready it to make it to an FOSS
Project. We´ll see whats possible in the Future.