Re: Wiki styling :)

Postby svenskmand » 30 Mar 2010, 08:46

Bodsda {l Wrote}:Try this

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
cd opendungeons
find . -type f -print

Bodsda

Thanks this was what I wanted :)
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 31 Mar 2010, 21:09

svenskmand {l Wrote}:Regarding the footer, I was thinking about making the mediawiki logo have a wax seal look, but do any of you know if I am allowed to do that? That is I change the appearance of their logo :S Just thought it would look so cool, and also fit with the rest of the wiki-design :)

Here is a neat tutorial on how to do it:
http://www.rnel.net/tutorial/Photoshop/3250
Then you can also see what I mean :)

Any opinions about this?
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby andrewbuck » 31 Mar 2010, 23:08

Although I doubt that anyone from mediawiki would drop by our site and complain, I don't think we should be messing with their logo.

-Buck
andrewbuck
OD Moderator

Postby xapantu » 05 Apr 2010, 10:50

a little update :
Capture-23.png
xapantu

Postby xapantu » 05 Apr 2010, 11:39

I am uploading a skin preview on sourceforge ;)
The textures are too big I think.
So :
- My preferences
- Skins
- Dark
There is still many bug, it is just a "preview" !
xapantu

Postby svenskmand » 05 Apr 2010, 12:33

It looks good for a preview :), although, the 2048x2048 png might be too big, it takes some time to load it, also it is not aligned properly with the top and left border, you can see that the tiling does not align :S

I will try and make the footer today or tomorrow, I have also included the last tabs for the my... area of the wiki

Good work xapantu :)

PS: and you got the "download" fixed to "Download" nice :)
Attachments
Dark.zip
Here is the tabs for the my... buttons.
(340.07 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby xapantu » 05 Apr 2010, 12:41

svenskmand {l Wrote}:PS: and you got the "download" fixed to "Download" nice :)

Only for the new skin :)
xapantu

Postby svenskmand » 05 Apr 2010, 12:54

xapantu {l Wrote}:
svenskmand {l Wrote}:PS: and you got the "download" fixed to "Download" nice :)

Only for the new skin :)

Thats right, but now you should be able to do it for the original also right?

Else it does not really matter when the new skin is finished, I assume everybody would use it - as it would be the default skin?
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 11 Apr 2010, 23:17

So the Dark skin is finally finished :) Here is the final Mock shot.

Xapantu: Here is the final ressources for the skin. I have changed the background from png to jpg, and it now uses approx 235 KiB's, which is much smaller compared to the approx 5 MiB it took before (no wonder why the site was slow at loading :S)

All my content is here:
http://www.cs.au.dk/~ckr/OpenDungeons.zip
The SVG's for the Skins might still contain absolute paths, I have not open them on another computer to check it.
Attachments
Dark.zip
Here is the final ressources.
(333.62 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Shot.png
Final Mock shot for the dark skin.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby xapantu » 12 Apr 2010, 15:55

Great :)
I am goint to try to finish it soon ! (next week I think)
xapantu

Postby svenskmand » 12 Apr 2010, 16:04

Nice :)
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby xapantu » 19 Apr 2010, 10:42

What is the name of the image of the footer ? I can't see it :|

edit : Update !
The form, some colors, and the links at the top :
xapantu

Postby xapantu » 19 Apr 2010, 10:59

http://opendungeons.sourceforge.net/index.php/Special:AllPages
Can you make a background for the link "Special Page" (like the background for talk, page ...) ? The link is bigger than the others :) .

edit : I have just uploaded the new revision of the skin : if someone has a problem with the search form, please report here !
xapantu

Postby svenskmand » 19 Apr 2010, 16:18

xapantu {l Wrote}:What is the name of the image of the footer ? I can't see it :|

It is called "Footer.png" :) it should be there
xapantu {l Wrote}:
edit : Update !
The form, some colors, and the links at the top :

Uhhh looks nice :)
xapantu {l Wrote}:http://opendungeons.sourceforge.net/index.php/Special:AllPages
Can you make a background for the link "Special Page" (like the background for talk, page ...) ? The link is bigger than the others :) .

edit : I have just uploaded the new revision of the skin : if someone has a problem with the search form, please report here !

Oh, you mean a tab for the "special page"-tab? (I will make this when I get home) Because the borders and background should be the same as for the other pages as far as I can see.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby xapantu » 19 Apr 2010, 16:44

svenskmand {l Wrote}:
xapantu {l Wrote}:What is the name of the image of the footer ? I can't see it :|

It is called "Footer.png" :) it should be there

yes, I am stupid oO (I can't see it because it is too large and I thought it was the top border ;) )
xapantu

Postby xapantu » 19 Apr 2010, 18:15

For the special page tab : I use the talk tab and it works fine.
xapantu

Postby svenskmand » 19 Apr 2010, 20:35

Here is the SpecialsPageTab, please use this, then all tabs will look different as none of them is copies of the others :)
Attachments
SpecialPageTab.png
The SpecialsPageTab :)
SpecialPageTab.png (3.83 KiB) Viewed 11289 times
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby andrewbuck » 20 Apr 2010, 02:03

The new skin looks pretty cool. It really adds to the atmosphere of the wiki. I did notice a couple more things that will need to be tweaked though to finish it off. First, when you view a "diff" of a page the boxes for the diff text are a fairly light color so the light grey text you are using is difficult to read in them. I would suggest trying to change the background color, rather than the text color, since the grey text looks pretty good otherwise. The same thing occurs with the "Table of contents" box in articles with multiple sections; not only is this hard to read but the light color looks sort of out of place against the dark background.

Secondly, if you add a page to your watchlist, when you go to that page there is an "Unwatch" button up were the other tabs are (edit, discussion, etc). This needs a tab made for it like you did with the "SpecialPageTab.png".

Other than that I think the skin looks great, thanks again to everyone who worked on/commented on this skin to make it what it is.

-Buck
andrewbuck
OD Moderator

Postby xapantu » 20 Apr 2010, 09:43

andrewbuck {l Wrote}:The new skin looks pretty cool. It really adds to the atmosphere of the wiki. I did notice a couple more things that will need to be tweaked though to finish it off. First, when you view a "diff" of a page the boxes for the diff text are a fairly light color so the light grey text you are using is difficult to read in them. I would suggest trying to change the background color, rather than the text color, since the grey text looks pretty good otherwise.

Fixed :
Capture-2.png

And fixed :
diff.png
(maybe it is ugly ? I can change colors and/or remove them.)
andrewbuck {l Wrote}: The same thing occurs with the "Table of contents" box in articles with multiple sections; not only is this hard to read but the light color looks sort of out of place against the dark background.

Fixed :
Capture-3.png
Capture-3.png (22.44 KiB) Viewed 11275 times

andrewbuck {l Wrote}:Secondly, if you add a page to your watchlist, when you go to that page there is an "Unwatch" button up were the other tabs are (edit, discussion, etc). This needs a tab made for it like you did with the "SpecialPageTab.png".

Fixed :
Capture-1.png
Capture-1.png (16.79 KiB) Viewed 11275 times

xapantu
xapantu

Postby svenskmand » 20 Apr 2010, 10:10

xapantu {l Wrote}:Fixed :
Capture-3.png

andrewbuck {l Wrote}:Secondly, if you add a page to your watchlist, when you go to that page there is an "Unwatch" button up were the other tabs are (edit, discussion, etc). This needs a tab made for it like you did with the "SpecialPageTab.png".

Fixed :
Capture-1.png

xapantu

I will make a Unwatch- and Unprotect-tab tonight also, so we avoid using the same tabs in multiple places :)

Also could you center the left menu horizontally on the rocks, and also center the logo horizontally on the rocks? I think the text should be moved at bit up on the page, so the "Main page" text i closer to the top of the page. The Footer should also be moved at little bit further down the page, so there is a little more space between the page and the footer. It could also be nice with a little more vertical space between the page tabs and the personal tabs on the top, you can see that they overlap slightly when you make the window narrow enough.

And one last thing, the tiling of the pergament texture does not align with the borders (topBorder, bottomBorder, leftBorder, topLeftCorner and bottomLeftCorner) the Pergament textures topleft corner should start on the bottom right corner of the topLeftCorner texture.

And very nice work by the way xapantu :)
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby xapantu » 20 Apr 2010, 11:15

svenskmand {l Wrote}:Also could you center the left menu horizontally on the rocks, and also center the logo horizontally on the rocks?

Ok, could you check that it is good now ? I am not sure I understand.
svenskmand {l Wrote}: I think the text should be moved at bit up on the page, so the "Main page" text i closer to the top of the page.

Done !
svenskmand {l Wrote}:The Footer should also be moved at little bit further down the page, so there is a little more space between the page and the footer.

Done !
svenskmand {l Wrote}: It could also be nice with a little more vertical space between the page tabs and the personal tabs on the top, you can see that they overlap slightly when you make the window narrow enough.

Fixed :
Capture-5.png

svenskmand {l Wrote}:And one last thing, the tiling of the pergament texture does not align with the borders (topBorder, bottomBorder, leftBorder, topLeftCorner and bottomLeftCorner) the Pergament textures topleft corner should start on the bottom right corner of the topLeftCorner texture.

Fixed ? (I am not sure, could you verify ?)
xapantu

Postby svenskmand » 20 Apr 2010, 13:29

xapantu {l Wrote}:
svenskmand {l Wrote}:Also could you center the left menu horizontally on the rocks, and also center the logo horizontally on the rocks?

Ok, could you check that it is good now ? I am not sure I understand.

Yes, exactly :)
xapantu {l Wrote}:
svenskmand {l Wrote}: I think the text should be moved at bit up on the page, so the "Main page" text i closer to the top of the page.

Done !

Nice :)
xapantu {l Wrote}:
svenskmand {l Wrote}:The Footer should also be moved at little bit further down the page, so there is a little more space between the page and the footer.

Done !

Excellent ;)
xapantu {l Wrote}:
svenskmand {l Wrote}: It could also be nice with a little more vertical space between the page tabs and the personal tabs on the top, you can see that they overlap slightly when you make the window narrow enough.

Fixed :
Capture-5.png

Great ;)
xapantu {l Wrote}:
svenskmand {l Wrote}:And one last thing, the tiling of the pergament texture does not align with the borders (topBorder, bottomBorder, leftBorder, topLeftCorner and bottomLeftCorner) the Pergament textures topleft corner should start on the bottom right corner of the topLeftCorner texture.

Fixed ? (I am not sure, could you verify ?)

It looks correct at the top border :), but does not look right on the left border. So the horizontal adjustment is right, but not the vertical.

Nice work xapantu :)

If your in doubt you could paint a red dot on the borders and the same place on the pergament texture, then you can adjust things so the red dot align, then you can use the textures without the red dot :)
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby qubodup » 20 Apr 2010, 14:02

About the screenshots and progress on the skin: great, awesome, amazing!
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby xapantu » 20 Apr 2010, 14:22

So the horizontal adjustment is right, but not the vertical.

ok, it is fixed now ;) .
xapantu

Postby svenskmand » 20 Apr 2010, 16:25

xapantu {l Wrote}:
So the horizontal adjustment is right, but not the vertical.

ok, it is fixed now ;) .

Awesome :)

qubodup {l Wrote}:About the screenshots and progress on the skin: great, awesome, amazing!

This is hilarious :) Maybe Apple should stop kissing their own ass as much as they do :)

xapantu: could you try using the text-colors I gave you in the zip-file? It would be nice to see how they work out on the skin :) Here are the colors:
Normal text: 224 224 224
Mouse over text: 255 204 0
Visited hyperlink: 172 147 147
Non-existing page hyperlink: 255 128 128
Unvisited hyperlink: 255 153 85
Bullets: 192 192 192
svenskmand
OD Moderator