This clean, new topic is for final adjustments and opinions and to keep it central. Here is my suggested roadmap:
Main framework - Wolf CMS (central Website + Blog)
Development Wiki - MediaWiki
Source Documentation - HTML generated by Doxygen
Bug/Feature Tracker - Trac on SF
Forum - FreeGameDev
The main URL opendungeons.sourceforge.net leads to the start page from WolfCMS, the central starting point.
The subdir /wiki holds the MediaWiki software that is used for the dev wiki, linked from a static page in the CMS.
The subdir /docs holds the Doxygen html output, linked from a static page in the CMS.
Navigation on CMS
- Frontpage - similar to the current wiki start page, reached by click on Logo
- About - Holds more indepth information, small gallery
- Download - Holds links to the latest stable version for all platforms + short introduction about trunk version (incl. link to dev wiki)
- Blog - WolfCMS blog, used to post updates (releases, teaser screenshots and dev milestones)
- Development - gives a short introduction and has all links to relevant pages (build instructions, guidelines, roadmaps, doxygen, trac ...)
- Forum - directly links here
How to switch?
Not exactly sure on this one, please post opinions and comments about what's the best way here. I think we should try a complete "restart":
Backing up the Wiki contents, then deleting the databases and install newest versions of WolfCMS and MediaWiki. In MediaWiki we then re-import the contents from the backup.