Wiki cleanup tasks

Wiki cleanup tasks

Postby qubodup » 21 Feb 2010, 12:27

Hello, I think the wiki could use some cleaning up and I have neither the admin rights nor the time to do it myself :) (where are all the edit/view source links? O_o) So here are my suggestions:

1. Cleanup the sidebar to contain the most important links on the top and not contain links that have no content behind them and not be overly descriptive
Replace http://opendungeons.sourceforge.net/ind ... ction=edit with this:
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
* OpenDungeons
** mainpage|mainpage
** Download|Download
** Level_mock_up|Screenshots
** http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewforum.php?f=15|Forum
** http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=opendungeons|Chat
** http://sourceforge.net/projects/opendungeons|Project page
* wiki
** recentchanges-url|recentchanges
** randompage-url|randompage

Note that the channel in the chat link is "#opendungeons". I recommend using an own channel instead of #freegamer, but as long as the discussions happening on #freegamer do not disturb you, feel free to use it for OD. ;)

2. Cleanup the main page ( http://opendungeons.sourceforge.net/ind ... ction=edit )
- remove the logo, it is present on every page already
- add a fat chatroom link, like putting the following under the forum link at the top
<big><font size="6" color="#FF0000">'''''[http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=opendungeons Chatroom]''''' </font></big>

Remember to change the link to freegamer, if you decide to use freegamer IRC.

What do you think of this?
qubodup
Global Moderator

Re: Wiki cleanup tasks

Postby svenskmand » 21 Feb 2010, 12:35

Sound good, but I think we should change channel to opendungeons, we cannot invade freegamer for the rest of the project
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby andrewbuck » 21 Feb 2010, 16:13

I'm in the process of making the changes you suggested right now. The edit/hitory/etc links are in a little box on the top right if I remember correctly (it may not be rendering correctly in your browser). If you make your browser really wide so that the white part of the page doesn't go all the way to the edges I think you will see them. I think it was user xapantu from the old forum who got the wiki all set up and imported onto sourceforge instead of hosting it on my computer like we used to. I think he did a good job with it all but that was one thing I noticed about the skin he used. If you go to your preferences you can switch back to the "monobook" skin which is like the one Wikipedia and most other wikis use. Note: At least for me, currently using monobook on the wiki is painfully slow, I don't know if this is because I am getting cache misses all the time do to using a non-default skin or what it is. I am switching to the default OD one now but I don't know for sure if that will fix it or not. Anyone with expertise in this matter who can shine some light on it would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone from the forum here wants admin rights on the wiki, or wants to become a developer on sourceforge, let me know. Everyone here has been with the project long enough that they can be trusted with that responsibility. I'm not going to make everyone admins by default but anyone who plans on making a lot of changes needing admin rights, etc can certainly be made one.

-Buck
andrewbuck
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 28 Feb 2010, 14:35

Has there ever been any information in the Progress_Reports part of the wiki? There was spam in it from yesterday, so I blanked the page as I could not find anything other than spam in the history page. I think we should require logins to edit the Wiki to avoid having to clean it up from spammers all the time.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 05 Mar 2010, 19:48

Could someone please block this ip: 188.92.75.82 on the Wiki? It keeps spamming.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby xapantu » 05 Mar 2010, 21:11

Database error
From OpenDungeons
Jump to: navigation, search
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "Block::insert". MySQL returned error "1054: Unknown column 'ipb_by_text' in 'field list' (mysql-o)".

:?

A bug with MediaWiki ?

Anyone has an idea ?
xapantu

Postby andrewbuck » 05 Mar 2010, 21:38

I can't block him due to the SQL error above, however I set that page to be blocked by anonymous editors (semi-protect). I did this for another page that seemed to be for the same thing (same botnet I'm guessing). When I semi-protected the other page the spamming stopped for a week or two so we can probably just keep doing this until we get the sql issue worked out.

I think the bug is because the database was created by an older version of mediawiki than we are running on sourceforge. There are some maintenece scripts on the server for upgrades, or we could manually create the missing column in that table.

-Buck
andrewbuck
OD Moderator

Postby xapantu » 07 Mar 2010, 12:15

It works now (I added ipb_by_text and antoher) :
11:03, 7 March 2010 Xapantu (Talk | contribs | block) blocked 188.92.75.82 (Talk) with an expiry time of 1 year (anonymous users only, account creation disabled, autoblock disabled) ‎ (Spamming links to external sites) (unblock | change block)
xapantu

Postby svenskmand » 08 Mar 2010, 00:03

I just made a news section on the top of the main page of the wiki. Here we can announce the release of the demo, the new wiki skin and other stuff. I also moved the links that advertised the new forum and chatroom up there. I hope you all like it :)
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 08 Mar 2010, 00:09

I was just browsing the wiki and found this page, look at the Thumbnail-section it has a very long and nasty error message. I would suspect it is due to the recent change of permissions on the wiki. The error message is:
Error creating thumbnail:
(process:19576): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Unable to create ~/.gnome2 directory: Permission denied
ERROR: meta.c (179): wmf_header_read: this isn't a wmf file
convert: Delegate failed `"wmf2svg" -o "%o" "%i"'.
convert: unable to open image `/tmp/magick-XXpbBzzf': No such file or directory.
convert: UnableToOpenBlob `/tmp/magick-XXpbBzzf': No such file or directory.
convert: missing an image filename `PNG:/home/groups/o/op/opendungeons/htdocs/images/thumb/e/e1/Sight_Region.svg/120px-Sight_Region.svg.png'.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby andrewbuck » 11 Mar 2010, 12:15

There is another sql error due to a missing column. The error is on the Special:Statistics page.

-Buck
andrewbuck
OD Moderator