Hello

Hello

Postby wyvrn » 28 May 2010, 21:32

I am currently developing a game called DreamRealm.
I first was using Blender's GE and python for about 2 years. Next I tried out the Quake engine, then I found Cube 2, and now I have found syntensity.
I modified cube 2 a lot, on my own.
But with syntensity I finally decided to just ask.
Well, DreamRealm is eventually going to be a game pretty much just like razanak. I was so suprised at how closely they were related, and so I have finally settled with syntensity.
I have been ready the docs a lot, and I have been trying to compile it but there are quite a few things going wrong.
I was wondering, is it possible to just mod it to the point where it is just offline(local), and you can click on campaign and you play a game like razanak. just that.
thats how far I got on cube 2, just not the AI and stuff... just walking around. And I made the menu gui graphics(duh) for it.

So is it possible to do that? or maybe just you click play and it connects to the server and there are other people fighting dreamdemons/monsters and you can join them.
If it is possible, please point me on the right path. All I really want is just the files for razanak and the core files to make it work. Like how much modding will it take?
I know I sound like a complete noob, but please try to understand.

Also, I can't seem to compile v8 or anything, Errors like "python.exe is not reconized as an internal or external command" I'm on windows 7 (sadly), I was thinkin that might be part of why.
wyvrn

Re: Hello

Postby TheAncientGoat » 29 May 2010, 06:53

A) Standalone functionality seems to be a very often requested feature, so we made a plugin for it :) Read the Standalone-Readme file in the source, it shows you how to enable and use it. Re-shuffiling the menu entries sothat you just have a "play" button shouldn't be too hard, but by default you have to go to Plugins in the menu and then enter the map name you want to play.

So yes, there definitely is a way to do what you are asking :)

B) The compiling errors sound like you dont have python installed.. You can get it at http://www.python.org/download/

Also, IRC is a good way to get help as well, you can use http://webchat.freenode.net/ and join the #syntensity channel
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby wyvrn » 04 Jun 2010, 19:07

O ok thanks!

About the python and scons command thing, i reinstalled python and then tried and it still didnt work, then I tried it on my other computer and it still didnt work...
The first comp is win 7 the second is win vista.
Any ideas? and im in cmd is that wat i do the commands in?
wyvrn

Postby TheAncientGoat » 05 Jun 2010, 08:13

TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator