My terrain drawer

My terrain drawer

Postby TheAncientGoat » 10 Apr 2010, 17:05

I hacked together something today, a terrain drawer with the JS terrain api. Most probably the first in a series of vids, but this is what I have so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpJvv5ZTzc

I'll most probably abstract it a bit, give it an on/off switch, and a variable block size, and then see if I can make it auto smooth, which will be really awesome :)
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Re: My terrain drawer

Postby Spiney » 10 Apr 2010, 18:16

These scripts seem very promising.
I was wondering if it's possible to build one that subdivides and smooths existing terrain, much like in a subdivision modeling app. This would be useful for evening out humps and bumps in rough terrain. Ofcourse the danger with something like that is that people get too trigger happy with it.

Also, thinking about the bikes in Tron, perhaps this would be a way to make such a game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ODe9mqoDE
Spiney

Postby Skorpio » 10 Apr 2010, 18:42

You mean like Armagetron?

Or even better: Pink Pony. :)

I wonder if such a game could work in a 3D environment. It would probably be way too confusing.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby TheAncientGoat » 10 Apr 2010, 18:47

Haha, those are awesome ideas guys, It would be really cool to do a tron clone with this :)

Spiney: Terrain smoothing is already possible with the heightmap tools (theoretically), just a bit hard to figure out. Press h in private edit mode, and select the smooth brush, a small grid, and then select the area you want to smooth, and scroll
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby david_cz » 23 Jul 2010, 11:57

yes i like armagetron im like it :D
im share my ideas.dont post bad mesages!!im not scripter.
david_cz

Postby Adhori Yaadin » 03 Mar 2015, 06:14

Terrain smoothing is already possible with the heightmap tools (theoretically), just a bit hard to figure out. Press h in private edit mode, and select the smooth brush, a small grid
Arslan (Aoo Kar leyn Dosti Gusha Choro Yaar… Hum Dono Main Ak Din Ho Sakta Hai Pyaar )
Adhori Yaadin

Postby Evropi » 08 Mar 2015, 20:39

Epic necro.

PS: The project has been dead for years. Consider OctaForge instead, which is in many ways a successor.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi