Sytensity Login Custimization

Sytensity Login Custimization

Postby SzeChun » 23 Mar 2010, 02:54

Hey, just wanted to know if it was possible to customizate the login screen so that it skips all the lobby stuff, and directly connects to your "map"(assuming you have a server running 24/7 on a map) and customize the window so it looks better then just a plain blue and black background with the word "Syntensity" on it. If anyone can enlighten me it would be alot of help, thanks.
SzeChun

Re: Sytensity Login Custimization

Postby TheAncientGoat » 23 Mar 2010, 16:43

It's definitely possible, but then you'd have to redistribute the modified version of the client yourself. So, you'd take the source, look for the background gfx (I think it's in /data), modify that with whatever image or texture you want, and then modify the menu code sothat it connects to your server instead of the lobby (this would be rather easy, its just changing the url that the code is linking to).

I'll look into it and give a more detailed walk-through if this method would work for you later.

Also, it would definitely be good if this functionality was possible without having to modify the client source/redistribute it, and I've talked to kripken about this kind of functionality, so it might be even easier to do in the future, just remember to pester us on the forums and irc :)
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Re: Sytensity Login Custimization

Postby kripken » 25 Mar 2010, 02:37

Yeah, this would be easy to do.

For the logging in bit, you can create a plugin that forces it to login to a particular server. See for example the server_runner.py plugin which does something sort of similar (so looking at that code might be useful). In fact I will likely add such a plugin myself at some point - if you want, add an issue on github to remind me.

Customizing the background is easy, look at the images in data/, and just edit/replace them however you want.
kripken
Syntensity Moderator