"You are using a different network protocol" problem

"You are using a different network protocol" problem

Postby WinKILLER » 10 Jun 2010, 12:48

Hi!
I've compiled sources step by step according to COMPILE.txt.
When I press "Connect to lobby" in console appears:

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
You are using a different network protocol (you: 1001, server: 1000)
Disconnected...

What's my problem?
using gcc 4.4.3 on ubuntu 10.04 x32
There were no errors while compiling

And some offtopic - Are there any russian speaking people who interested in Syntensity? I'm thinking about creating russian speaking community. Volunteers?
WinKILLER

Re: "You are using a different network protocol" problem

Postby TheAncientGoat » 11 Jun 2010, 08:00

Hello, welcome to the forums :)

Regarding the network protocol version, the git development source is incompatible with the stable servers at the moment. Kripken needs to deploy the latest version, that should really re-invigorate the community due to updates being posted over the web. You can still test out the game, but you need to host a server yourself then (read the standalone-readme.txt, and then download maps from the site and run them (for example: http://www.syntensity.com:8888/tracker/ ... 373041aaa/ )

Regarding a Russian speaking community, thats a great idea :) We have a few Russian community members already, I just haven't seen them online in a while
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby Spiney » 15 Jun 2010, 17:14

Would it be much asked for a Windows installer of a more recent build?
Some games appear to be broken in the current one (no weapons in CTF and Raznarak doesn't work - "this server is not running an instance" or something among those lines)
I already redownloaded and reinstalled it twice but the problem persists.
If it's too much trouble I might just use an Ubuntu live disk on an external harddrive.
Spiney

Postby TheAncientGoat » 15 Jun 2010, 19:21

Raznarak being down is a crashing issue in the server, not the client. And like I said, recent builds /wont work/ on the server, because the server is running old code. We need to release a new stable version, and upgrade the servers before anything else can be done. The ctf problem sounds odd though, you should see if you can catch quaker66 on the irc for that
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator