[announcement] FG+You - Be a Free Gamer Blogger!

[announcement] FG+You - Be a Free Gamer Blogger!

Postby qubodup » 16 Jan 2011, 17:28

Hey,

Want to write a post or more on the Free Gamer blog about open source games and/or free software game development? Awesome! Do the following:

1. Write an example blog post (or show some posts you've written in the past) either to this thread or send it to qubodup@gmail.com
  2. Include the email address you want to use for logging into the blog system!
  3. Be OK with the cc-by-sa license for your written text.

That's it! Admins will review your post and get back at you or just invite you as an author straight away! If you just want to share one off thoughts, reviews, roundups..., we can format your thoughts and publish them for you.

Once you're an approved author, consider these rules for posting:

1. Use a title in your post. Titles are quite relevant for search engines.
  2. Images are recommended to be "large" (the blog system allows small/medium/large/x-large/originalSize) and be centered and have a centered caption below them ( + one empty line below caption)
  3. Use Tags.
  4. In your first post, it'd be great if you introduced yourself to the readers! (Or you can just link to your introduction in this thread.)
  5. Use "Don't allow, hide existing" comment settings!

Oh, and you can have an avatar and flattr link on the site as well! Just tell me a link to your avatar (I recommend Gravatar) and your flattr user name and I can add them.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Re: FG+You - Be a Free Gamer Blogger!

Postby KroArtem » 16 Jan 2011, 21:41

Yeah, I thought about it some time ago and probably I'll write something in future, thanks for clarifying how to do this :)
KroArtem

Re: [announcement] FG+You - Be a Free Gamer Blogger!

Postby antoine » 03 Jan 2013, 07:07

Hey guys,

I did the article on the multiple Morrowind reimplementation (with a lot of help from qubodup). http://freegamer.blogspot.kr/2012/02/mo ... -they.html I would like to become an editor or blogger.

I want to create a Freegamer youtube account? All editors can log in and add new videos we've recorded (I unfortunately only have a netbook, but I may upgrade in a few months to something beefier) and other projects or fans of projects can upload trailers, developer walkthroughs of version changes and "let's play"s to their own channels and let us add that video to our site (there is a simple button on youtube). Projects send us a link to their video, we evaluate if it's high quality and then add it to our channel with a annotation back to the project's original channel. This will allow people to subscribe to the Freegamer channel to find new projects, updated projects, etc. Then they can subscribe to individual project channels they are most interested in. It's more visual and may draw in more subscribers who we can redirect back to the blogspot.

What do you guys think? I am willing to manage the Youtube account.
antoine

Postby antoine » 03 Jan 2013, 08:30

Quick question, why did you choose Free Gamer over FOSS Gamer?
antoine

Postby charlie » 03 Jan 2013, 10:43

Rolls off the tongue! :P

We have a freegamer youtube account although atm it's not really used.

http://www.youtube.com/user/freegamerblog
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby antoine » 03 Jan 2013, 11:21

Want me to take over? This could draw a lot more attention to the FOSS game scene. Here's what I did in a couple hours this afternoon https://www.youtube.com/user/FOSSGamers check it out and let me know what you think. It's like a more visual hub for freegamer.
antoine

Postby Julius » 03 Jan 2013, 15:43

That is pretty cool, I guess we can link to your channel somewhere ;)
Julius
Community Moderator