[Data Loss]

[Data Loss]

Postby qubodup » 04 Feb 2014, 16:08

Dear forum users, we had a recent data loss on account of my irresponsible administration.

Background information: I was experimenting with a local phpbb installation and didn't look at the URL when pressing "delete ALL the things". Turns out it was freegamedev.

Luckily our weekly backups were only 1-2 days old. Please excuse the inconvenience. I will add a stylish extension style to make the fgd forums administration look more dangerous so I don't stupidly confuse it with a local installation again.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Re: [Data Loss]

Postby Julius » 04 Feb 2014, 16:19

lol... well stuff like that happens.

Still doesn't explain the issues why the RedEclipse guys preferred to have their own forums though. According to some lost posts there seems to (have been?) access problems at GMT 0-4am quite commonly. Can't confirm myself though.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby freezurbern » 04 Feb 2014, 17:31

Julius {l Wrote}:According to some lost posts there seems to (have been?) access problems at GMT 0-4am quite commonly. Can't confirm myself though.

I have been having trouble accessing the forum anywhere from GMT 10pm to 2am for the past few weeks.
Red Eclipse username: skiingpenguins
freezurbern

Postby qreeves » 06 Feb 2014, 02:08

freezurbern {l Wrote}:I have been having trouble accessing the forum anywhere from GMT 10pm to 2am for the past few weeks.

Yeah ^^ that. I also needed to expand the forum a little to include more development areas. You also don't need to deal with our trolls anymore :P Wrong topic as Julius pointed out.
Quinton "quin" Reeves | Lead Developer, Red Eclipse | http://redeclipse.net/ | http://www.facebook.com/redeclipse.net
qreeves

Postby charlie » 06 Feb 2014, 02:49

I just encountered several MySQL too many connection errors. I went away for a few mins and tried again and it worked fine again. Time was ~1:25am GMT.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Evropi » 12 Feb 2014, 23:17

charlie {l Wrote}:I just encountered several MySQL too many connection errors. I went away for a few mins and tried again and it worked fine again. Time was ~1:25am GMT.

This happens to me every night, at around the time you specified (1:25 GMT). It has a period of instability for 3 hours or so around this time. Every single night, for months now.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.
Evropi

Postby Arthur » 12 Feb 2014, 23:55

Ditto, we have had trouble with accessing the forums around the specified time.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur