Free custom made music for your game

Free custom made music for your game

Postby eliasnilsson » 11 Jan 2015, 16:32

Hi!

My name is Elias and I am a composer that is mainly composing for games and movies. I found this forum quiet recently and I am glad I did since I would like to offer my musical services for someone who is creating a game.

I am prepared to compose some music for a game completely for free since I would like some more experience and some publicity. The first one who contacts me who is creating a serious game will get the opportunity.

You can hear some of the music that I have made in the past on: https://soundcloud.com/elias_nilsson. If you want to hear another style then I can send it to you as an mp3 via email.

If this sounds interesting then don't hesitate to contact me for more information. You can contact me most easily on elini289@student.liu.se or simply send me a message on soundcloud. (I won't be logged in much here).

Thanks for your attention,

Elias Nilsson
eliasnilsson

Re: Free custom made music for your game

Postby Akien » 12 Jan 2015, 01:29

Thanks for your offer Elias.

Since this is a forum for the development of free/libre/open source games, most people would be looking for music that is not only free of charge, but also available under a non-restrictive free license such as Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike (CC BY SA). Is it the kind of licenses under which you are willing to license your creation, or were you more talking about free of charge music with all rights reserved?
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby onpon4 » 12 Jan 2015, 03:30

Also, gratis isn't a requirement. There's nothing wrong with paying someone to compose libre music, or being paid to compose libre music.

I'd recommend against MP3. It's patent-encumbered, unavailable on some systems because of it being patent-encumbered, and not as good as Ogg Vorbis anyway.
onpon4

Postby eliasnilsson » 12 Jan 2015, 08:56

As answers to your statements: I am doing it for free since that would interest more people until I get more recognized. The license is of course provided to use the music in the game, though the ownership of the song is still mine. All I want is that I get credit for making the music. The music can be sent to you either as wav, mp3 or ogg file.
eliasnilsson

Postby rogerdv » 12 Jan 2015, 16:52

Im planning to make a trailer for my game project. Are you interested (and available) in composing the music for it?
rogerdv