Hero of Allacrost - Established 2D RPG Seeking Contributors

Hero of Allacrost - Established 2D RPG Seeking Contributors

Postby Roots » 29 Nov 2014, 18:32

About
Hero of Allacrost is a single player 2D role-playing game inspired by classic console RPGs. In Hero of Allacrost, the player will explore rich environments, solve challenging dungeon puzzles, and fight strategic battles in an active-time based system. The game is free open-source software and is currently available across several platforms including Windows, OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD. In addition to the game, we also develop and release a custom map editor for the game.

The three major design goals we are striving to meet with this title are listed below.
  • Prioritize efforts on developing engaging gameplay and a compelling narrative
  • Eliminate tedious and micromanagement mechanics that are commonly found in RPGs.
  • Make battles interesting, challenging, and requiring of a high level of strategy from the player

The About page on our website describes several of the game's core features and how they enable us to meet these goals.

Activity
Our latest release was in June 2015. This was a development release, which is essentially a snapshot of our work in progress. Below is a link to download it as well as a walkthrough video of this release with commentary.

The next milestone we're working toward is another development release that continues where our previous release left off, which will finish out the current "chapter" of the game. The major requirements for this release include map design, scripting, and creation of some additional artwork (map tilesets and around a dozen sprites). The anticipated date of this next release is sometime in September 2015. This is what our team will be working on for the next couple of months.

By the end of this year, we will be making an official release. This will be a fully designed, balanced, and polished product. It will be an iterative improvement of the September 2015 development release with some amount of additional content and improved event scripting, dialogue, and several noticeable improvements in the UI and other areas of the code. This is the team's current long-term goal. More information about our upcoming releases can be found on the Roadmap page on our wiki. This includes a list of all the major tasks that must be done along with their current status.

Compensation
Allacrost is created and distributed for free. Because of this we cannot offer financial compensation to those who work on the project. Our team members are quite content with putting forth their efforts into what we believe will someday be a great game to share. We learn a lot from each other on the Allacrost team and you will absolutely learn new techniques and skills from those whom you work aside with. Having this experience will also make you a much more attractive candidate if you are seeking to enter into the gaming industry. Some of our team members have been solicited by recruiters for well-known game development companies. Your full name will appear in the game credits.

Talent Needed
This project took a long hiatus and as a result has a very small team at the moment. We would really like to rebuild a team of dedicated, passionate individuals who share the vision of what Allacrost is to become and want to be a part of making it happen. Becoming a member of this team means more than simply getting told what to create. We strongly encourage people to participate in design discussions and offer their own ideas to improve the game and the project itself. Although the core design of Allacrost is pretty well-defined at this point, there's still a lot of unanswered design questions and features we have not yet implemented. There's still plenty of room for you to influence this title should you be interested in doing so. While we are seeking core team members, we're also happy to welcome contributors who prefer to help out here and there with adding a new feature or creating new art or music, but aren't as invested in this project.

You can read more about what it's like on the Allacrost team and our philosophies by reading about our team policies on our wiki. Listed below are the specific needs that we are seeking to fill and what people who fill those roles can expect to be working on for the next couple of months.

Game Designer
A game designer is one who assembles and combines the code, art, and music produced to create the game's experience. One of the primary responsibilities of game designers is to create maps using our editor and write the scripting code to make those maps come alive. For our next release, our designer's main focus will be on the expansion and scripting of an existing large map. There will also be work involving the design of battle skills, enemies, and perhaps some balancing involved.

Links:
(1) - Various pages of information for our game designers
(2) - Qualifications and skills needed, as well as directions on how to get started
(3) - A list of content on our roadmap that our designers need to complete

Pixel Artist
Pixel artists create the majority of the game's graphical assets. This includes map tilesets, sprites, and various other in-game artwork. Pixel artists have a large amount of freedom and those in the past have gifted us with some quite brilliant pieces. Below are some examples of our current pixel artwork so you can get an idea of our style. If you feel this above your skill level, please don't be intimidated. Even programmers create some of the art occasionally, and they are certainly not this skilled. The most immediate needs for pixel art include: a castle interior tileset, various demon sprites, and a few more sprites that represent townspeople.

Links:
(1) - Information on rights to an artist's work and how to get started
(2) - Lists the types of artwork found in Allacrost. The Maps, Sprites, and Icons sections cover pixel art
(3) - Explanation of our artistic styles, influences, and design

Image Image Image Image Image

Traditional Artist
In addition to pixel art, Allacrost integrates usage of some more traditional artwork styles as well. These commonly come in the form of portraits and landscapes. See below for examples of this type of artwork. The most immediate needs for our traditional art include: face portraits for some major NPC characters, a body portrait of a generic soldier, and a landscape representing a desert castle-town.

Links:
(1) - Information on rights to an artist's work and how to get started
(2) - Lists the types of artwork found in Allacrost. The Backdrops and Portraits sections cover traditional art
(3) - Explanation of our artistic styles, influences, and design

Image Image Image Image

C++ Developer
Our engine is complete and the core aspects of the game are all functional. But we still have several features to add and technical challenges to overcome on the development front. At the present moment, we're looking to improve several existing features that include: save points and the save/load game system, battle transitions, and various improvements to the battle UI. While our developers mostly focus on C++, there will be some Lua development invovled as well.

Links:
(1) - Qualifications to become a programmer and steps on how to get started
(2) - Our primary documentation home, covering the engine, game logic, and more.
(3) - Instructions on how to use our mercurial repository to retrieve your own copy of the code

Composer
Allacrost already has a number of tracks unique to the game and a thematic arrangement. But we are still missing a couple crucial pieces of music to complete our next release. These include: a "danger" theme to be played when a city is under attack, and a "legend" theme played when the main legend of the game is first heard. Below are links to some of our current compositions.

Links:
(1) - Musical influences, style, and technical information
(2) - Selections from our soundtrack available on our website

Writer
The most important responsibility of a writer is constructing the dialogues seen in the game. They also assist with the narrative (a novel) that the game's story is based off of. Writer's also have the unique ability to strongly influence the events and actions that occur through the game by using their written dialogues and imaginging scenes for us to produce to fit. The most immediate need we have for a writer at the moment is to improve the existing dialogue in the last release (which is essentially a placeholder at the moment) and to help with the design and dialogues that will take place in the next release.

Links:
(1) - Two full chapters of the standalone narrative that the game is based on.

Joining
Follow this link for information on how to join our team and what you can expect from working on this project. If you have questions or wish to give feedback, feel free to either post a reply in this thread or contact me directly if you wish to inquire in private.

Last edited by Roots on 25 Jul 2015, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Roots

Re: Hero of Allacrost - Established 2D RPG Seeking Contribut

Postby rogerdv » 01 Dec 2014, 16:20

Wow, Heroes of Allacrost is back! Im glad you update deps, last time I wanted to try it I think that an old Lua version was required. I wish you luck finding contributors.
rogerdv

Postby Roots » 01 Dec 2014, 18:37

Thanks. The release of Valyria Tear a couple months back stoked a fire in me and I felt the itch to start working on this again. Things have been progressing nicely for the past two months and if the pace continues, I think we'll be able to make some kind of release happen in the first half of 2015.
Roots

Postby Roots » 29 Jan 2015, 08:09

Still looking for help in all the positions listed in the top post. I'm more or less a one-man-army right now and would sure love some help and others to collaborate with. Here's a video I uploaded to our channel tonight showing off what I've spent the past couple of months working on. Our map editor was really tedious to use and the code was really messy, so I gave it a major overhaul and this is a demonstration of what you can do with it now.

youtu.be/2Su31AWg3t4
Roots

Postby Roots » 01 Feb 2015, 22:36

I begun working on a new map for our release this weekend using the new editor I built. Here's what it looks like so far.

http://imgur.com/a/ttfGE
Roots

Postby shirish » 16 Jun 2015, 22:11

I tried downloading the release from your bitbucket repo but somewhere half-way mercurial quits :(

hg clone https://bitbucket.org/allacrost/allacrost
shirish

Postby Roots » 20 Jun 2015, 14:25

I don't know why mercurial would just quit on you. Maybe bitbucket was having issues that day? It is a big repository (a little over 200MB). You can also try cloning from my personal repository, https://bitbucket.org/allacrost/allacrost . I haven't had any issues since we moved to BitBucket
Roots

Postby Roots » 25 Jul 2015, 21:51

I've completely re-written the top post. This project has made some great progress over the last few months for how few people we've had working on it. I really want to rebuild a dedicated team to move this effort forward. Last month we published our first release in a long time and have a clear path toward what we need to accomplish to complete additional releases at the end of September and at the end of this year. Please consider helping out with our project, or if you know of someone who may be interested, reaching out to them and letting them know about us.

Here's a walkthrough video from our recent release with commentary.

youtu.be/2EX9K1kCF0M
Roots

Postby shirish » 09 Aug 2015, 21:37

Roots {l Wrote}:I've completely re-written the top post. This project has made some great progress over the last few months for how few people we've had working on it. I really want to rebuild a dedicated team to move this effort forward. Last month we published our first release in a long time and have a clear path toward what we need to accomplish to complete additional releases at the end of September and at the end of this year. Please consider helping out with our project, or if you know of someone who may be interested, reaching out to them and letting them know about us.

Here's a walkthrough video from our recent release with commentary.

youtu.be/2EX9K1kCF0M

Could somebody figure to push the commits as a mirror service to github.com. I have tried to download it a few times from different networks, different systems altogether but for some reason bitbucket refuses to work at my end whereas with github.com it's a much better experience.
shirish

Postby Roots » 13 Aug 2015, 04:32

The only other person who reported difficulties with BitBucket was because they had a poor internet connection which kept timing out when they tried to clone the repository. We use a mercurial repository, not git, and since github only supports git I don't know if what you are asking is even possible. Sorry to hear about your problems, but BitBucket has been working perfectly for me since we migrated there a couple months ago (and it's certainly more reliable than Sourceforge ever was).
Roots

Postby shirish » 05 Sep 2015, 17:43

The build instructions don't work.

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
~/games/allacrost$ ls
demo  game  README.md

~/games/allacrost$ hg log | less

changeset:   2244:4012519d2727
tag:         tip
user:        Tyler Olsen (Roots)
date:        Fri Sep 04 18:46:58 2015 -0500
summary:     Fixed several bugs with existing status effect code; Added new poison status effect icon and enabled an existing enemy skill to inflict it

~/games/allacrost$ autoreconf -i

~/games/allacrost$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

And doing the same in either of the sub-directories gives the following :-

~/games/allacrost/game$ autoreconf -i
autoreconf2.50: configure.ac: AM_GNU_GETTEXT is used, but not AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION
configure.ac:93: warning: The 'AM_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro is deprecated, and its use is discouraged.
configure.ac:93: You should use the Autoconf-provided 'AC_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro instead,
configure.ac:93: and use '$(MKDIR_P)' instead of '$(mkdir_p)'in your Makefile.am files.
Makefile.am:322: warning: ':='-style assignments are not portable
Makefile.am:325: warning: '%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
Makefile.am:8: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
Makefile.am:369: warning: source file 'src/main.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:369: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the 'subdir-objects'
automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the corresponding output
automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.  However,
automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they will
automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same subdirectory
automake: of the corresponding sources.
automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option throughout your
automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.
Makefile.am:369: warning: source file 'src/main_options.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:369: warning: source file 'src/utils.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/class.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/class_info.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/class_registry.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/class_rep.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/create_class.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/error.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/exception_handler.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/function.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/inheritance.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/link_compatibility.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/object_rep.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/open.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/pcall.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/scope.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/stack_content_by_name.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/weak_ref.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:92: warning: source file '$(LUABIND_DIR)/src/wrapper_base.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:193: warning: source file '$(ENGINE_DIR)/system.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:193: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:193: warning: source file '$(ENGINE_DIR)/input.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:193: warning: source file '$(ENGINE_DIR)/mode_manager.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:193: warning: source file '$(ENGINE_DIR)/engine_bindings.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:68: warning: source file '$(AUDIO_DIR)/audio.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:68: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:68: warning: source file '$(AUDIO_DIR)/audio_descriptor.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:68: warning: source file '$(AUDIO_DIR)/audio_effects.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:68: warning: source file '$(AUDIO_DIR)/audio_input.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:68: warning: source file '$(AUDIO_DIR)/audio_stream.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/effects.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/fade.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/image_base.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/image.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/interpolator.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/particle_effect.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/particle_manager.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/particle_system.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/shake.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/text.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/texture.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/texture_controller.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:33: warning: source file '$(VIDEO_DIR)/video.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:81: warning: source file '$(SCRIPT_DIR)/script.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:81: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:81: warning: source file '$(SCRIPT_DIR)/script_read.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:81: warning: source file '$(SCRIPT_DIR)/script_write.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:81: warning: source file '$(SCRIPT_DIR)/script_modify.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:232: warning: source file '$(COMMON_DIR)/common.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:232: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:232: warning: source file '$(COMMON_DIR)/common_bindings.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:232: warning: source file '$(COMMON_DIR)/dialogue.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:206: warning: source file '$(GLOBAL_DIR)/global.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:206: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:206: warning: source file '$(GLOBAL_DIR)/global_actors.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:206: warning: source file '$(GLOBAL_DIR)/global_effects.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:206: warning: source file '$(GLOBAL_DIR)/global_objects.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:206: warning: source file '$(GLOBAL_DIR)/global_skills.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:206: warning: source file '$(GLOBAL_DIR)/global_utils.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:221: warning: source file '$(GUI_DIR)/gui.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:221: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:221: warning: source file '$(GUI_DIR)/menu_window.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:221: warning: source file '$(GUI_DIR)/option.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:221: warning: source file '$(GUI_DIR)/textbox.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/mode_bindings.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/battle/battle.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/battle/battle_actions.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/battle/battle_actors.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/battle/battle_command.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/battle/battle_dialogue.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/battle/battle_effects.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/battle/battle_finish.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/battle/battle_indicators.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/battle/battle_sequence.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/battle/battle_utils.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/boot/boot.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/boot/boot_menu.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/boot/boot_credits.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/boot/boot_welcome.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/map/map.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/map/map_dialogue.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/map/map_events.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/map/map_objects.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/map/map_sprites.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/map/map_tiles.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/map/map_treasure.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/map/map_utils.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/map/map_zones.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/menu/menu.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/menu/menu_views.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/pause.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/save/save_mode.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/scene.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/shop/shop.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/shop/shop_buy.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/shop/shop_confirm.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/shop/shop_leave.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/shop/shop_root.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/shop/shop_sell.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/shop/shop_trade.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/shop/shop_utils.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:242: warning: source file '$(MODES_DIR)/test.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/dialogs.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/editor.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/editor_main.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/editor_utils.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/map_data.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/map_view.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/tile_context.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/tile_layer.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/tileset.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/tileset_editor.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file '$(COMMON_DIR)/common.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:334: warning: source file 'src/utils.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:327: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/dialogs.moc.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:327: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am:327: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/editor.moc.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:327: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/map_view.moc.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:327: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/tile_context.moc.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:327: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/tile_layer.moc.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:327: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/tileset.moc.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:327: warning: source file '$(EDITOR_DIR)/tileset_editor.moc.cpp' is in a subdirectory,

And as can be seen there are loads of suggestions and warnings therein.

autoreconf2.50: configure.ac: AM_GNU_GETTEXT is used, but not AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION
configure.ac:93: warning: The 'AM_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro is deprecated, and its use is discouraged.
configure.ac:93: You should use the Autoconf-provided 'AC_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro instead,
configure.ac:93: and use '$(MKDIR_P)' instead of '$(mkdir_p)'in your Makefile.am files.
Makefile.am:322: warning: ':='-style assignments are not portable
Makefile.am:325: warning: '%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
Makefile.am:8: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
Makefile.am:369: warning: source file 'src/main.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the 'subdir-objects'
automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the corresponding output
automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.  However,
automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they will
automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same subdirectory
automake: of the corresponding sources.
automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option throughout your
automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.

Hopefully you will be able to fix few of them.

Another thing, is movement/migration towards libsdl2 on cards ?
shirish

Postby RoyARS » 16 Sep 2015, 04:14

Hello, are you still in need of a Danger and Legend soundtrack? let me konw what you have in mind, and a look to what the scenario of both will be, really help me to compose and arrange the music. Greetings!
RoyARS