Baen: Connect Cars to a Game World

Baen: Connect Cars to a Game World

Postby baen4car » 05 Nov 2014, 07:33

This is James from the Baen project. We are a gaming team from Hong Kong and we have been developing Baen, a car based hardware plugin that exports driving data for developers to build games linked to a driver’s actions and the car’s condition. Imagine a real car linked version of your favorite games, such as GTA or Need for Speed, and the whole new gaming experience you could get from the car. We are also working on making the world’s first real car battle game, and will also make our platform open source by providing our SDK to developers.
Our Goal is trying to open a door to people who never thought car can be playable without enjoying adrenaline rush by dangerous driving on street. We want to make those routine and mundane drives more interesting and give something new for drivers to look forward to every time they get to a car.
I’d really appreciate hearing your opinions and suggestions for this project.
baen4car

Re: Baen: Connect Cars to a Game World

Postby Julius » 05 Nov 2014, 23:38

Could you explain your "open-source" strategy in more detail?
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby charlie » 06 Nov 2014, 00:35

Sounds more like shared source to me... no project info, no license info, and [sounds like] targetted at commercial games.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Julius » 06 Nov 2014, 12:27

Yes that's also what I thought, but given they posted it here and mentioned open-source I though lets give them the benefit of doubt.
Julius
Community Moderator