SCP Event Zero

SCP Event Zero

Postby cryzdev » 08 Aug 2014, 02:50

Hi everybody! I have an open source project for a FPS game. It shall be called SCP Event Zero. It is based on the SCP FOUNDATION universe (see here for more info: http://www.scp-wiki.net/ ). There's already a a SCP game called SCP Containment Breach. But it's being developed using privative technology (Blitz3D). I want to create another game based entirely on open source technology (blender for 3d, eclipse IDE, and an open source engine like Blender Engine, HLP2, Doom3, or even develop my own engine).
This project is at a very initial state. I'm looking for Blender 3d artists to work on models (characters, maps). If anybody's interested in helping me, please contact me ;) you can also send me an email to: cryzdev@outlook.com

Thanks ;) :D :gpl:
cryzdev

Re: SCP Event Zero

Postby Julius » 08 Aug 2014, 20:03

I like your enthusiasm for creating a new open-source FPS, but try to actually come up with something before asking for outside contributions. Just use some placeholders for the time being.

Also DON'T even dare to start developing your own engine! There are plenty and starting your own means you will never finish!
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: SCP Event Zero

Postby c_xong » 09 Aug 2014, 08:32

Julius {l Wrote}: but try to actually come up with something before asking for outside contributions.

I agree, most of the time, but sometimes it's also good to see if anyone wants to join early on - the earlier you start, the more creative control you may get before things settle. You do still need to prove that you're capable though, usually you do that by having a playable prototype, but you could also show any previous projects.
c_xong