Plee the Bear

Plee the Bear

Postby julien » 02 May 2010, 21:13

Plee the Bear is a platform game. Our goal is to create a game which is free (GPL and CC-by-sa), fun, beautiful and tux-free. There are three levels and they can be played alone or in coop with a friend. We are currently working on mini-games and on a big boss for the next release.

We are only two people working on the project right now and we would encourage external contributions. Unfortunately, most of the documentation is in French, our native language. That's why we recently installed a forum with an English section and prepared the wiki for translations. Your help for translating some pages from French to English would be greatly appreciated.

Moreover, new levels would also be welcome for mini-games or some kind of community-pack in the next release. We have a level editor that will help you in this task.

A video (where the hero runs too fast) and some screenshots:
Image Image Image

Julien
C++ developer with some 2D art skills
http://www.stuff-o-matic.com
julien

Re: Plee the Bear

Postby TheAncientGoat » 03 May 2010, 07:15

Awesome, it's in the Ubuntu 10.04 repos :)

Lots of fun, art that verges on beautiful, multiplayer... This is a really outstanding foss game, that can compete with any proprietary one, good work guys :)
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby alapshin » 01 Jun 2010, 20:39

I just have completed tutorial! Very nice game, guys! :)
alapshin

Postby Taldor » 01 Jun 2010, 21:18

The default linux client gives a segmentation error for me. :-(
Taldor

Postby remaxim » 03 Jun 2010, 12:12

Very nice game :D ... is there any way to chat to you as I dislike emails for longer conversations. If you want to you can meet me on irc.freenode.net using http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=o ... ,freegamer

I d be interested in making some music for your game but got to talk to you first

bye,
remaxim
remaxim

Postby DarkBaboon » 29 Aug 2011, 13:22

Hi folks,

This last week-end, I was pleased to learn a new version of Plee the bear has been released!

Here is a part of the official announce :
This version introduces the boss of the forest: a big rabbit in a very bad mood. Hopefully you can calm him with some carrots. We finally know why Plee kept saving the carrots he found in the previous levels! Also, this version has a new save state system allowing the player to quit the game and come back to the last played level. Game over is not a fatality anymore and the player can come back to any previous level as many times as he wants to find all the bonuses he did not find the first time. Finally, the level selection menu will show you the various secrets to unlock in each level. Can you unlock all of them?

This new version is already available for Arch users on AUR : http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14551

Have fun!
Join us and/or follow me if you dare to come on Identica!
DarkBaboon