Offer: Free compilation and hosting

Offer: Free compilation and hosting

Postby dusted » 09 Oct 2013, 13:47

Greetings,

I'm developing a CI (continuous integration) system (a "build server") as a side-side-project, it's really minimalist, bash-driven and git/github-centric.
It's made so that one can effortlessly integrate information from builds into other websites (build-information in a json file, static links to latest successful and failed builds).

It's running on a machine capable of compiling C/C++ project using SDL/OpenGL for 32 and 64 bit linux, and 32 bit windows binaries also using SDL and OpenGL.

If you have a project in github, and would like automatic compilation when you push to a specified branch, let's talk.
I ask nothing in return, execpt your understanding that this is alpha software and that I will need interactive help (irc/skype?) to set up compilation for your project.

Drop me a mail (you can use the mail system here on the forum) if you are interested in this.

I will not upgrade the system to make your project work, but I will install additional packages and libs, if they are available for the version of Debian I'm running.

You can see the system here: http://contigrator.wizznic.org/jobs/Wizznic/
dusted

Re: Offer: Free compilation and hosting

Postby shirish » 10 Oct 2013, 22:22

can't see your system for some reason but good idea.
shirish

Postby dusted » 11 Oct 2013, 07:32

Hi Shirish, I updated the router about the time you wrote, theres a fair chance my site was down (first time for a while)

I will propably try and setup some project that I find interesting myself, then ask the author if he would like to add a service-hook to trigger the automatic builds. :)
dusted

Postby dusted » 15 Oct 2013, 13:21

Sorry for the noise, but I wanted to let you know that space nerds in space is being automatically built on the system, these binaries are not officially supported, so any trouble with them should be directed to me first, but if you want to try out the awesome SNIS, it may be helpful. http://contigrator.wizznic.org/jobs/spa ... -in-space/

If anyone else wants their project built when they push to a branch on github, please write to me, the smaller project the better ;)
But large projects are also welcome as long as building their dependencies on debian "jessie" without too much hacking.

For win32, at the moment only SDL/OpenGL C/C++ apps are supported, but if you don't know how difficult it would be to build your project for windows using mingw32, I don't mind spending some time helping you with that.
dusted