A New Youtube Channel for FOSS Gaming

A New Youtube Channel for FOSS Gaming

Postby antoine » 03 Jan 2013, 20:15

Hello all,

I just created a Youtube channel dedicated to FOSS and open source gaming. https://www.youtube.com/user/FOSSGamers Let me know games I should add and link to a good video. I currently have a very underpowered laptop so video recording on it is out of the question. I am redirecting to existing videos as of now. I think this will help raise awareness of all the great FOSS games available to the general public and maybe greater participation from artistic types.

I would like it if when project's have an update the developers (or community members) make a nice short video that we can add to the FOSS Gamers channel. I will remix the videos so that they include links to the respective project's official channel, forums, roadmap, download page and the free gamer website.

We can have trailers, feature overviews (like the OpenMW team), and "let's play". I want average people to see all the cool things people in these communities are doing and how they are having fun.

I'm open to suggestions.
antoine

Re: A New Youtube Channel for FOSS Gaming

Postby charlie » 04 Jan 2013, 16:16

I subscribed! (Well, freegamerblog did, haha.)
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Re: A New Youtube Channel for FOSS Gaming

Postby Dread Knight » 09 Jan 2013, 05:14

I've also subscribed. Seems like a great idea.
I have a foss game project as well, http://www.AncientBeast.com, it got it's 0.1 release a few weeks ago, but it still has a long way to go.
At some point when the game will be more polished, I'll start recording gameplay videos and poke you regarding your yt channel.
AncientBeast.com - Battle other players by materializing and controlling awesome creatures, each having unique abilities!
FM Patreon page - Support the free open source game development foundation and creation of high quality free assets!
Dread Knight
AB Moderator