playing freedroidRPG - few questions

playing freedroidRPG - few questions

Postby shirish » 31 Dec 2012, 16:24

Hi all,
Seeing if anybody is or has played freedroidRPG . I am finding it enjoyable but also lacking a bit in polish as well as a bit confusing. Can somebody help me ?

For instance I have talked with Pendagron who's a fighter and I have learnt the novice melee fighting way but now when I want him to teach me higher skills he constantly tells me to go away even though I've jumped a few levels.

Similarly when I go to Kevin who's somewhat in the middle of Eternal Meadows doesn't want me to learn hacking. What could be wrong here ?

I'm playing freedroidRPG 0.15.1 on Debian 64-bit. All and any spoilers welcome :)
shirish

Re: playing freedroidRPG - few questions

Postby charlie » 31 Dec 2012, 21:27

I played a bit of 0.13 I think... actually was pleasantly surprised. It is a good game.

Sounds like it has changed a bit since then, so I have no advice. (I don't remember having to learn melee fighting and hacking was just a subgame.)
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby gouessej » 02 Jun 2014, 15:46

Hi

I don't know how it was in 2012 but I find it very polished. What shirish describes doesn't surprise me, there is nothing wrong. I'm at least Level 14 and I get the same result. Kevin asked me to secure one of his room downstairs just in the north of his garden before teaching me hacking.

I had just one crash when exiting the maintenance tunnels the second time just after using the book about nuclear energy for dummies, it happened only when there were some remaining alive bots in the room :s I find this game very good, the gameplay is very elaborated, there are tons of things to do, lots of quests, ... The only thing I haven't succeeding to do is ... hacking. I can craft and assemble add-ons, use the "spells", the weapons, ... but I have never succeeded in gaining the control of a bot. I even completed a stage by using the invisibility "spell" most of the time as there were too much enemies, new ones were reappearing faster than I killed them.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
gouessej

Postby rogerdv » 03 Jun 2014, 19:46

Cant remember about that, besides, I always spent my points on ranged attack. My advice, grind a lot to make levels (it is like an MMORPG), craft items and enjoy what is done.
rogerdv

Postby gouessej » 04 Jun 2014, 16:42

As I had to wait for a long time before obtaining some good weapons for ranged attack (I only found a .22 long rifle in a crate), I spent most of my points in melee attack and in the books.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
gouessej

Postby eugeneloza » 23 Sep 2014, 05:23

Spent many pleasant hours of playing the game. It was an obsolete version for debian squeeze... But everything until the endgame was well polished and balanced.
eugeneloza