Charlie's links to projects

Charlie's links to projects

Postby charlie » 09 Jul 2011, 08:08

Off to a wedding, linking for not forgetting.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/conquests
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Re: Conquests

Postby charlie » 26 Aug 2011, 05:23

Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby farcodev » 29 Aug 2011, 04:10

cool picks :)
farcodev

Postby mdwh » 09 Oct 2011, 13:45

charlie {l Wrote}:Off to a wedding, linking for not forgetting.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/conquests

I thought I should introduce myself as the author of Conquests - thanks for the plug :)

I know, it's just yet another Civ-clone, but it's a style of game I've always wanted to write. Also it's the first non-trivial game I've brought to almost-completion (as in, from now on I'm expecting just to do bug fixes and minor improvements - I hesitate to ever call something finished!).

I've released a couple of new versions since the start of this thread. Also the Linux version now supports proper installation, and there are now binaries for Ubuntu.
mdwh

Postby farcodev » 09 Oct 2011, 16:56

impressive work, to complete a project is always the hard part :D

Especially for a strategy game.
farcodev

Postby charlie » 05 Aug 2012, 02:14

http://javaisdoomed.sourceforge.net/

A single player Doom-inspired FPS that I hadn't heard of before. Written in Java.

Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Re: Charlie's links to projects

Postby qubodup » 05 Aug 2012, 10:32

Escape (the game based on Java is Doomed engine) looks interesting but the install instructions are scary (cvs) and wine won't succeed with setup.exe (only download available).
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby gouessej » 13 Aug 2012, 23:32

qubodup {l Wrote}:Escape (the game based on Java is Doomed engine) looks interesting but the install instructions are scary (cvs) and wine won't succeed with setup.exe (only download available).

There are some other Java based open source first person shooters easier to use, I know what I'm talking about ;)
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
gouessej

Postby charlie » 13 Aug 2012, 23:51

gouessej {l Wrote}:There are some other Java based open source first person shooters easier to use, I know what I'm talking about ;)

Indeed, when are you going to post your project TUER in showcase? :p

Also is there any reason you don't link to your blog on the TUER homepage, since all the TUER news goes on your blog?

http://gouessej.wordpress.com/tag/tuer/
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby gouessej » 14 Aug 2012, 18:43

Hi

I was at work.

charlie {l Wrote}:
gouessej {l Wrote}:There are some other Java based open source first person shooters easier to use, I know what I'm talking about ;)

Indeed, when are you going to post your project TUER in showcase? :p

In the past, I wrote some posts about my project on lots of forums and I realized that they were removed when I didn't frequently come. I did the same on some wikis and my pages were removed by anti-Java, anti-Free software or anti-communist people, some other guys claimed that my game was not famous enough to appear in a wiki (whereas it has been tested by tens of thousands players despite its ugly graphics)... That's why I stopped doing that several years ago. I was considered as a spammer.

charlie {l Wrote}:Also is there any reason you don't link to your blog on the TUER homepage, since all the TUER news goes on your blog?

Thank you for this very pertinent observation. My website contains mainly some information for developers, a very few screenshots and the game itself whereas my blog contains the news, they are complementary. I have to check if it is quite easy to go from my website to my blog.
gouessej

Postby charlie » 15 Aug 2012, 00:30

gouessej {l Wrote}:In the past, I wrote some posts about my project on lots of forums and I realized that they were removed when I didn't frequently come. I did the same on some wikis and my pages were removed by anti-Java, anti-Free software or anti-communist people, some other guys claimed that my game was not famous enough to appear in a wiki (whereas it has been tested by tens of thousands players despite its ugly graphics)... That's why I stopped doing that several years ago. I was considered as a spammer.

It is not considered spam here - we're a Free Software game forum! :D

It is encouraged, especially projects that have history like yours.

gouessej {l Wrote}:
charlie {l Wrote}:Also is there any reason you don't link to your blog on the TUER homepage, since all the TUER news goes on your blog?

Thank you for this very pertinent observation. My website contains mainly some information for developers, a very few screenshots and the game itself whereas my blog contains the news, they are complementary. I have to check if it is quite easy to go from my website to my blog.

At the very least, put the above link in the menu, even if is just: Blog.

i.e. Home | Blog | Download | Play | Screenshots | Videos | Project | Contact
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby gouessej » 16 Aug 2012, 21:28

Hi

charlie {l Wrote}:
gouessej {l Wrote}:In the past, I wrote some posts about my project on lots of forums and I realized that they were removed when I didn't frequently come. I did the same on some wikis and my pages were removed by anti-Java, anti-Free software or anti-communist people, some other guys claimed that my game was not famous enough to appear in a wiki (whereas it has been tested by tens of thousands players despite its ugly graphics)... That's why I stopped doing that several years ago. I was considered as a spammer.

It is not considered spam here - we're a Free Software game forum! :D

It is encouraged, especially projects that have history like yours.

Thank you.

charlie {l Wrote}:
gouessej {l Wrote}:

At the very least, put the above link in the menu, even if is just: Blog.

i.e. Home | Blog | Download | Play | Screenshots | Videos | Project | Contact

Excellent idea. I'm going to do so.
gouessej

Postby charlie » 28 Aug 2012, 09:57

Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby charlie » 29 Nov 2012, 17:13