Glitch in Green Valley Supertuxkart

Glitch in Green Valley Supertuxkart

Postby Charlie7000 » 24 Apr 2015, 17:35

Hi. I've signed up because our 7 year-old has just started using the new version of Supertuxkart on Windows 7 and says there is a Glitch in the Green Valley race. Everything goes really slow and glitchy he says. He has asked me to report it and ask you to fix it!
Charlie7000

Re: Glitch in Green Valley Supertuxkart

Postby Charlie7000 » 30 Apr 2015, 17:57

He is still asking me to check back here every day! He says he can't do that level lol and wants to know if someone is going to fix it. Thanks!
Charlie7000

Postby Akien » 30 Apr 2015, 18:20

[note to maintainers, this should be moved in the SuperTuxKart subforum]

Could you give some details about this issue? It will be pretty hard for the SuperTuxKart team to fix a potential bug just based on "there is a glitch". If you could take a screenshot (or a screen recording, but a screenshot is usually easier) and post some specifications about the machine, that might come in handy.
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby charlie » 30 Apr 2015, 22:15

Moved to STK General.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby ArDanWol » 01 May 2015, 02:52

Hi,
As Akien said, please post more details about the issue. A more accurate description of the problem, some screenshots/videos, your PC info (Processor, RAM, OS, and Graphics Card Especially), and play around with graphics settings some to see if enabling/disabling anything solves the problem. ;) There was a thread opened a few months ago that said Green Valley got very slow, choppy, and nearly unplayable as you went up the road from the starting line in 0.8.1. I had this same problem on my computer and solved it by reducing the game resolution. Not sure if this is the issue you're experiencing, but it's worth a try. :D Hope this is somewhat helpful and I hope your son is having fun with SuperTuxKart. I have younger siblings that are his age too and they love playing it on my computer. :)
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby Charlie7000 » 05 May 2015, 16:16

Thank you! We'll try that. Sorry details were minimal - we're not very tech-minded. I'll try and get some screenshots. It's a Fizzbook spin netbook which has an Atom Cedartrail processor so it is pretty low powered but the rest of the game runs fine. He loves Supertuxkart, it's his favourite game. And he says can't go any further until he's done that level.
Yes Ardanwol that sounds like the problem - how do I reduce game resolution? It's on Windows 7 Home Premium by the way. We originally had it on Linux but I downloaded this newer version onto Windows 7.
Charlie7000

Postby ArDanWol » 05 May 2015, 19:10

Charlie7000 {l Wrote}:Thank you! We'll try that. Sorry details were minimal - we're not very tech-minded. I'll try and get some screenshots. It's a Fizzbook spin netbook which has an Atom Cedartrail processor so it is pretty low powered but the rest of the game runs fine. He loves Supertuxkart, it's his favourite game. And he says can't go any further until he's done that level.
Yes Ardanwol that sounds like the problem - how do I reduce game resolution? It's on Windows 7 Home Premium by the way. We originally had it on Linux but I downloaded this newer version onto Windows 7.

In the game menu, click the wrench labeled "options" at the bottom of the screen. Then click on the "Graphics" tab (it has a video camera on it) if it isn't already on that tab. You will see a bunch of computer screens with different resolutions on them. Choose a lower one, then click "Apply new resolution" at the bottom of the screen. The game will restart. If it is a good size and looks okay on your screen, click on "Keep this resolution". If you need to adjust other graphics settings, click the arrows next to "Graphical effects level" or click on "Custom settings" to choose which effects you want from a list. The less effects you have enabled and the lower the resolution, the smoother the game will run. :)
Oh, and to take a screenshot, just press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard while the game is running.
Hope this is helpful. :D
ArDanWol
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol