Concept art and logos: new updates.

Re: Concept art, logos and a new object.

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 19 Mar 2015, 04:17

samuncle {l Wrote}:Hello everyone

Sure the blimp is one of my favorite Object :). I can't wait to include it in a track.

Wow! Nice to know this.

samuncle {l Wrote}: For other logos:
Canyon junction railway corporation has currently no logo. Not sure what would work for a train company.

I have some ideas based on nice logos that I found on Google.
http://www.triangletrain.com/wp-content ... 2/logo.png
http://www.popdesigned.com/images/portf ... -logos.gif
http://www.greatlittletrainsofwales.co. ... n-Logo.jpg
http://www.ranklogos.com/wp-content/upl ... _Logo1.jpg
http://www.alpenwild.com/alpenwild-wp-c ... of_RGB.jpg
http://www.turkel.com.tr/english/fuar_t ... ilLogo.jpg

I have two or three tracks where a train is required or a good object to addon.

samuncle {l Wrote}:Big farmers & Co like railway junction has no logo yet. However for this one we should try with a wheat inspired logo. It will Work just fine.

I took a look on it. The logo Looks nice. I cand make some like that and some mascots too (I have already generic mascots on my portfolio). I mean some vegetables, a cow and a egg farmer. I have already three trucks including a Peterbilt that can be used as the truck of the Big Farmer painted with the logo and the mascots like these:
http://us.123rf.com/450wm/pinkcoala/pin ... rente..jpg
http://images.clipartof.com/Royalty-Fre ... 213224.jpg
http://images.clipartof.com/Clipart-Of- ... 196448.jpg
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/two-stil ... 773935.jpg

For Jericho natural park a sequoia could be used. Not sure for that one. More research need to be done[/quote]
GeekPenguinBR

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 25 Mar 2015, 00:14

Hi! Everyone.

Now, an update: I'm still working on the LAS DUNAS ARENA trying to find the ideal texture for two important objects. Meanwhile, I distract my mind thinking about the logos. These are some attempts to make the Canyon Junction Railway logo. The gold effect isn't the best possible; I use Inkscape; I don't use GIMP, wich should be better to do this, for sure. So, I'm not convinced that these are perfect logos or the best logos that I can make, but they are the best ideas that I have for while.
Attachments
CANYON JUNCTION - OLD.jpg
CANYON JUNCTION - OLD GOLD AND CHROME.jpg
CANYON RAIL - CONTEMPORARY.jpg
CJR.jpg
In the case someone didn't notice the C.R.J.
GeekPenguinBR

Postby GunChleoc » 26 Mar 2015, 22:59

I like the lower set - I find the text circle hard to read though. I'm not sure what can fix this, you could play with saturation and contrast, or maybe a different border color for the text?
GunChleoc

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 27 Mar 2015, 10:42

[quote="GunChleoc"]I like the lower set - I find the text circle hard to read though. I'm not sure what can fix this, you could play with saturation and contrast, or maybe a different border color for the text?[/quote

Thank you, GunChleoc.

Well, me too, but I made some fun experiences using the national colors of some countries: blue, red and white (France, Netherlands, New Zeland, Norway, Russia, UK and USA); green, blue, yellow and white (Australia and Brazil); red and white (Canada, Denmark, Poland and Switzerland/Swiss); Red and white + red circle (Japan); Blue, yellow and white (Sweden, Ukraine) and, Black & white.

PS. It's obvious that many other countries use as national colors the same sets showed above.
Attachments
CJR LOGOS.jpg
GeekPenguinBR

Postby GunChleoc » 27 Mar 2015, 15:12

I find some of them completely illegible. Maybe remove the colored background - I think that you are trying to have it look like rails in the background of the writing, but it is too noisy. Removing these lines might do the trick. I have done a quick and dirty paintover on the bottom half of one so you see what I mean.

Also, the train should have more internal contrast - I have fiddled with the curves a bit to give you an idea of what I think.

CANYON-RAIL---CONTEMPORARY.png
GunChleoc

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 27 Mar 2015, 23:03

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:I find some of them completely illegible... I think that you are trying to have it look like rails in the background of the writing

Yes. That's is the idea.

Ok. I made some modifications removing the rails, adding contrast.
Attachments
CANYON JUNCTION LOGOS (small).png
CJR Logo small.png
With more contrast.
GeekPenguinBR

Postby samuncle » 28 Mar 2015, 04:02

it's better and a very cool very modern logo :).

The other one is more "old school" in a western like track with a ranch. But can still be used for that particular purpose.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 28 Mar 2015, 04:10

samuncle {l Wrote}:it's better and a very cool very modern logo :).

The other one is more "old school" in a western like track with a ranch. But can still be used for that particular purpose.

Thank you Samuncle.
I can start think about the Jerico Park or Big Farmer logo if this one is considered approved. ;)
GeekPenguinBR

Postby GunChleoc » 28 Mar 2015, 10:36

This looks good now :)

Just one tiny thing: The J in the train has a little bevel and the R does not. Maybe give the R one too, on the left edge?
GunChleoc

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 28 Mar 2015, 23:32

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:This looks good now :)

Just one tiny thing: The J in the train has a little bevel and the R does not. Maybe give the R one too, on the left edge?

Thank you, again!

Well, actually the train (the real one) has this basic shape with a rounded cabin, but, since it's not necessary o reproduce exactly the real train, here is the new logo with a bevel:
Attachments
Grey train.jpg
Grey train.jpg (4.25 KiB) Viewed 15258 times
CJR Logo 3 small.png
GeekPenguinBR

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 29 Mar 2015, 12:11

Hey guys!
This is a work in progress logo wih three options:

JERICO PARK 1.png
JERICO PARK 2.png
JERICO PARK 3.png

Now, I need your opinion. You must tell me:

A. What is the best shape:

A1 (Bullet shape);
A2 (Half moon); or
A3 (Waxing gibbous moon)
A4 None.

B. What to increase/decrease or add:

B1.Increase the deer;
B2.Increase the sequoias;
B3.Decrease the deer's size;
B4.Decrease the sequoias;
B5.Add another element (which).

Thanks in advance.
GeekPenguinBR

Re: Concept art and logos: new updates.

Postby charlie » 29 Mar 2015, 12:46

I quite like #1 and #3 as is.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 30 Mar 2015, 00:10

charlie {l Wrote}:I quite like #1 and #3 as is.

Thank you very much, Charlie.

Hey guys, no more opinions? No one else wants to give a suggestion? :o
GeekPenguinBR

Postby ArDanWol » 30 Mar 2015, 02:22

GeekPenguinBR {l Wrote}:Hey guys, no more opinions? No one else wants to give a suggestion? :o

I like your Canyon Junction Railway logo. It looks modern and fits in well with the rest of the game.
For the Jerico Park logo, I like the bullet shape with the brown. It looks like something I would see at a National Park here in the U.S.! :D
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 30 Mar 2015, 03:45

ardanwol {l Wrote}:
GeekPenguinBR {l Wrote}:Hey guys, no more opinions? No one else wants to give a suggestion? :o

I like your Canyon Junction Railway logo. It looks modern and fits in well with the rest of the game.
For the Jerico Park logo, I like the bullet shape with the brown. It looks like something I would see at a National Park here in the U.S.! :D

Tank you for your opinion, ardanwol. So, after two positive comments about the first one, I'm starting to believe that the logo is already ok. :)
GeekPenguinBR

Postby GunChleoc » 30 Mar 2015, 16:31

Train looks good now :)

Jericho Park: I'm with the first one too, or the second one - I think they're both equally fine. The big one is a bit busy and the deer gets visually lost in the trees, the brown one could do with a bit more contrast for the writing.
GunChleoc

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 31 Mar 2015, 03:24

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:Train looks good now :)

Jericho Park: I'm with the first one too, or the second one - I think they're both equally fine. The big one is a bit busy and the deer gets visually lost in the trees, the brown one could do with a bit more contrast for the writing.

Thank you for giving me your opinion, GunChleoc.

Well, it seems that most didn't like the big logo. :( Then, here are the updated logos. Samuncle will decide which (or none) of them will be accepted.
Attachments
JERICO NATURAL PARK colors (smal).jpg
Colorful options.
JERICO NATURAL PARK 01 ABCD small.jpg
JERICO NATURAL PARK 02 ABCD small.jpg
GeekPenguinBR

Postby Anon » 31 Mar 2015, 04:21

Uh, I realize it's probably a bit too late for this, but I was personally partial to the big logo with the round bulb. The others seemed a bit... geometric? industrial? in their shapes IMO. Although as far as clarity and practical usability go, the bullet design definitely has it beat.
Anon

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 31 Mar 2015, 04:40

Anon {l Wrote}:Uh, I realize it's probably a bit too late for this, but I was personally partial to the big logo with the round bulb. The others seemed a bit... geometric? industrial? in their shapes IMO. Although as far as clarity and practical usability go, the bullet design definitely has it beat.

Hi! Anon.

It's not too late. Not decided yet, since its Samuncle who approves or not to include it in the game. :| I liked the big too, but I agree that the bullet shape looks less conventional, so, the nicest IMO. ;)
GeekPenguinBR

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 31 Mar 2015, 05:20

My new logo!

This is not an attempt to create the official logo for Sara Space Agency Organization, that already exist. This is a patch for the fictional Mars Mission XR 591. I plan to include a small spacecraft (like the Lunar Module Eagle or the Russian Vostok/Soyuz) with this patch painted over white or aluminium on my future track, but anyone who has interest to use this is free to use it no matter if my track is finished or not. If nobody use this patch, it will be used as described. I hope you all enjoy it. ;)

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/willysm ... h.jpg.html
Attachments
SPACE AGENCY XR 591 small.jpg
SSA.jpg
Again, a hidden acronym.
SPACE AGENCY XR 591 EMBROIDERY small.jpg
Here, an "embroidery" pacth made on GIMP. This can be used like these: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/willysmb44/media/Space%20Camp%20Flightsuits/Suit30th.jpg.html
GeekPenguinBR

Postby GunChleoc » 02 Apr 2015, 18:07

The problem with the big logo is that the deer gets visually lost in the trees - try setting him apart a bit by playing with brightness and saturation.

Love the patch. I think the rocket could be improved, but I can't put my finger on it.
GunChleoc

Postby samuncle » 03 Apr 2015, 02:50

Hi, not much time to give a long and detailed advice, the idea to make a patch for the space org in stk is cool. However keep in mind the name is: Sara Space Org Agency (SSAO) and it's important to keep that (because it's a reference to an algorithm used by the game).
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 03 Apr 2015, 03:44

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:The problem with the big logo is that the deer gets visually lost in the trees - try setting him apart a bit by playing with brightness and saturation.

I will, but now, after all the inputs from you and other members of this forum, I'm definitely focusing on the logo with bullet shape.

GunChleoc {l Wrote}:Love the patch. I think the rocket could be improved, but I can't put my finger on it.

Thank you. This spacecraft is just a small capsule designed to look like an "A", of agency. It's the last stage of the fictional rocket.

samuncle {l Wrote}:Hi,... the idea to make a patch for the space org in stk is cool. However keep in mind the name is: Sara Space Org Agency.

Hi, Samuncle.
It's nice to know that you liked the idea. I will post a new one with the complete name, with the word "Organization" replacing "Mars XR-591".
GeekPenguinBR

Postby samuncle » 03 Apr 2015, 03:56

nope keep the Mars xr... stuff :), please it's one of the thing I found lovely in the logo. Just need to figure out how to include the final word "organization" Also the current logo of the space agency can be designed since it was only a text, nothing complex. Sure something could be done on that field

- > The mission patch is nice just keep it like that I want to use it in XR-591
-> The SSAO logo can be designed if you want. The one used in the video was only the text SSAO | Sara Space Agency Org
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby GunChleoc » 03 Apr 2015, 21:47

The shape of the rocket is fine. I think it's the gradient that's bothering me :?
GunChleoc