Let's make a track together

Re: Let's make a track together

Postby samuncle » 13 Feb 2015, 02:03

That remind me an old idea, to put a giant screen showing the race (like in big event they display the race/airshow/festival/etc in giant screen.

For the idea with Sara. My question might be stupid but why Sara ? And what she would do ? It would be like an advertising ? only a giant picture ?
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 13 Feb 2015, 02:14

samuncle {l Wrote}:That remind me an old idea, to put a giant screen showing the race (like in big event they display the race/airshow/festival/etc in giant screen.

This is a very interesting idea!

samuncle {l Wrote}:For the idea with Sara. My question might be stupid but why Sara ? And what she would do ? It would be like an advertising ? only a giant picture ?

Well, I found that girl reminds me Sara, so, she could be the poster girl in some advertisement (some kind of product or service announced by one of those fictional companies of STK's world.
GeekPenguinBR

Postby 0zone0ne » 19 Feb 2015, 07:52

I made this quick music sketch, based around the idea of contrasting traditional Chinese instruments with electronic sounds. It may seem a bit early to be doing this but I just wanted to get some ideas down.
Attachments
asia_future_test.ogg
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
0zone0ne

Postby GunChleoc » 19 Feb 2015, 16:46

I like the sounds you picked :)
GunChleoc

Postby samuncle » 25 Feb 2015, 22:01

This project isn't dead however I have a lot of work with the release so it's in pause for the moment :)

The music is very cool and we will need one for the track. However 0zone0ne if you are interested wee need a music for the trailer since it's one of the priority for the release.

I will do as soon as possible a new video explaining what will come next :).

Thanks for your patience
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby samuncle » 28 Feb 2015, 13:26

I found this concept that looks very interesting

http://www.evolo.us/wp-content/uploads/ ... 0276-1.jpg
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby ArDanWol » 17 Mar 2015, 17:59

I'm not sure if this concept art goes with the theme of the track, but I'll post it here anyway. This is the first concept art I've ever done so pardon the style. I'm still a beginner. ;)

STK Concept1.png
My first concept art

It's a two layer road in the city. The buildings to the left are supposed to be skyscrapers.

Once again, I don't think this quite goes with the style of the track and the concept art already done, but it might inspire something else. :)

ArDanWol
Last edited by ArDanWol on 18 Mar 2015, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby samuncle » 17 Mar 2015, 23:31

@ardanwol
it's a very nice concept :). We immediately understand the idea. Would you mind if it was in a tunnel because I might have the right place to put it.

However, On the artistic point of view it can be definitly improved. I suggest to use perspective lines to help you. It's quite "easy" and it will guide your drawing. Also you should use bigger brush to set the general tone. For instance in the grass we can still see some patch of white. It's not bad to have several color in an area. But it should be the color of the subject, not the white of the background.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby ArDanWol » 18 Mar 2015, 15:05

samuncle {l Wrote}:@ardanwol
it's a very nice concept :). We immediately understand the idea.

Thanks Samuncle!

samuncle {l Wrote}:Would you mind if it was in a tunnel because I might have the right place to put it.

What exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean to close in the sides of the lower road? :?

samuncle {l Wrote}:On the artistic point of view it can be definitely improved. I suggest to use perspective lines to help you. It's quite "easy" and it will guide your drawing. Also you should use bigger brush to set the general tone. For instance in the grass we can still see some patch of white. It's not bad to have several color in an area. But it should be the color of the subject, not the white of the background.

I know. :| As I said, I didn't have the best of tools to do it with and I probably didn't do it with the best program. I used a Windows 8 app called FreshPaint. What program do you suggest I use for future concept art? :think: I have GIMP on my computer already.

Thanks for the tips! :D
ArDanWol
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
ArDanWol

Postby XGhost » 18 Mar 2015, 17:01

ardanwol {l Wrote}:I used a Windows 8 app called FreshPaint. What program do you suggest I use for future concept art? :think: I have GIMP on my computer already.

Thanks for the tips! :D
ArDanWol

Personally I work with Adobe Photoshop which is of course a commercial and a veeeeery powerful and allround image editing software. Sure, easy to say when you got a valid license for it :) . So for you I suggest gimp for image manipulation and krita for concepts. Both are open source and also very powerful. Krita is absolutely awesome, and Photoshop could really learn a thing or two from it in some points. You'll maybe need some time to ply with these programs. But don't worry, we all had to go through that :D .

If you haven't done yet, I strongly recommend to use a graphic tablet when you draw. Because you'll never get really good results with the mouse :think: :eew: :D .

I appreciate your commitment and like your work very much!
Cheers
XGhost

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 18 Mar 2015, 21:00

XGhost,

Do you have interest in 3D objects for your track? I have already manye objects done for my project Port and other urban tracks that I'm planning. Some can be used in your track.
GeekPenguinBR

Postby ArDanWol » 18 Mar 2015, 22:05

XGhost {l Wrote}:If you haven't done yet, I strongly recommend to use a graphic tablet when you draw. Because you'll never get really good results with the mouse :think: :eew: :D

Ummm, this might sound kind of dumb, but would a stylus work with a touchscreen? :think: I have a touchscreen laptop and don't plan on getting a tablet anytime soon...
ArDanWol

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 18 Mar 2015, 23:45

ardanwol {l Wrote}:Ummm, this might sound kind of dumb, but would a stylus work with a touchscreen? :think:

Not, if your tablet has a resistive screen, but you stylus is capacitive. In the case it has a capacitive screen (probably it has), the answer is yes if you have some capacitive stylus. Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-H-TLcNMGw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUUOJxlzSzU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz09oZ4wmhI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StHt75MWEo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-wKwOZf29s
GeekPenguinBR

Postby samuncle » 19 Mar 2015, 02:52

for drawing I recommend krita. It's a powerful and easy to use software

What exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean to close in the sides of the lower road? :?

Well a tunnel ^^. Something underground
samuncle
STK Moderator