I have several ideas

I have several ideas

Postby dany777 » 02 Dec 2014, 13:48

Since the last cart, Toyota Supra by Hacker007 came to STK addons, i was having an idea of have the ability to re-color the karts, but since there is none yet, i made 4 cars with the same model but using different color textures

Yes, main menu, track intro, final lap and other musics i edited them, for the tracks, no .oggs were hurted

youtu.be/gnfuglOJevA

And here is my other ideas:
An option to watch the CPU cars, yes i know, sounds stupid, but sometimes i just whana watch them play by themself
Ability to change the karts motor sounds when you make a kart, yes, i made 1 ogg sound called engine_speedkartlemans (Yes, obiously from Blockland) but failed, idk what im doing wrong
A replay system, but that probably was reserved for a future version
The one i requested 1 day: 1st person camera, because i have in my house an steerwheel and it would be nice to be in 1st person

I know i probably made another request page, but since i forgot to update it and no one makes a new comment to be in 1st place again, i made this
Hexley, the best character in STK, and probably very few people uses him
dany777

Re: I have several ideas

Postby samuncle » 02 Dec 2014, 16:15

:P
Don't take it too bad. But we have many ideas too and we are rather busy with our own ideas ^^. So unless you have a really great idea that we think is very very cool, we might find time to implement it.

Otherwise the best way to see your idea included in the game is simply to make it. And it's a great way to learn new thing while you are doing it.

Currently the easiest way to make several karts with different color is to make what you did. Changing the color. You can use vertex color if you want so they share the same texture. Also I'm not sure if it's useful to have several different color but identical karts. Colors are part of each character. We will have character with different karts/costumes like Sara but they will act like two different kart, with different parameter like speed/weight/acceleration

Yes, main menu, track intro, final lap and other musics i edited them, for the tracks, no .oggs were hurted

It seems you used copyrighted music. We can't include them in STK core package. That's not allowed

An option to watch the CPU cars, yes i know, sounds stupid, but sometimes i just whana watch them play by themself

good new it's already possible. It's called demo mode. You can see all option by starting stk with -h
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
       --demo-mode=t      Enables demo mode after t seconds idle time in main menu.
       --demo-tracks=t1,t2 List of tracks to be used in demo mode. No
                          spaces are allowed in the track names.
       --demo-laps=n      Number of laps in a demo.
       --demo-karts=n     Number of karts to use in a demo.

A replay system, but that probably was reserved for a future version

It's already done in the development version. But I don't know how to use it :|

Ability to change the karts motor sounds when you make a kart, yes, i made 1 ogg sound called engine_speedkartlemans (Yes, obiously from Blockland) but failed, idk what im doing wrong

As far as I know it's possible, so it might be a bug or you doing a wrong operation. Maybe you should describe exactly what you are trying to do

The one i requested 1 day: 1st person camera, because i have in my house an steerwheel and it would be nice to be in 1st person

That might be "easy" to do. If you know how to code it should be possible to change the camera position according to user preference. It's definitively something that you can implement yourself
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby Uni » 02 Dec 2014, 18:13

The idea of reusing models and give the ability to modify them (color, size, easy things like that) has been on the table for a while, but not everyone is in favor of it. (I for instance am in favor, but I haven't written code for STK in a long time now.)
Uni

Postby dany777 » 03 Dec 2014, 12:44

samuncle {l Wrote}:It seems you used copyrighted music. We can't include them in STK core package. That's not allowed

I know i used copyrighted music, but i know you guys cant include that, is just only edited for my game, i was a bit tired of the original music
And im sorry, im not a coder

samuncle {l Wrote}:As far as I know it's possible, so it might be a bug or you doing a wrong operation. Maybe you should describe exactly what you are trying to do

First, i created an .ogg file in the sfx folder called engine_speedkartlemans, then i go to the kart.txt file and on the line "<sounds engine" i wrote this "<sounds engine="speedkartlemans"/>" and when i go test it, it just plays the small engine sound

samuncle {l Wrote}:good new it's already possible. It's called demo mode. You can see all option by starting stk with -h
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
       --demo-mode=t      Enables demo mode after t seconds idle time in main menu.
       --demo-tracks=t1,t2 List of tracks to be used in demo mode. No
                          spaces are allowed in the track names.
       --demo-laps=n      Number of laps in a demo.
       --demo-karts=n     Number of karts to use in a demo.

I dont get it how to use it, im on windows 7, if you can tell me what things i have to do, thanks
Hexley, the best character in STK, and probably very few people uses him
dany777

Postby GunChleoc » 03 Dec 2014, 22:42

Type "cmd" in the Start menu to get a command line. Then use the cd command to navigate to the SuperTuxKart folder. The command for going up a folder up is cd ..
GunChleoc