Gran Paradiso Island

Re: Gran Paradiso Island

Postby 0zone0ne » 10 Dec 2014, 04:22

I just put the generic theme of the track as the filename. The same goes for temple.ogg (Cocoa Temple), alien.ogg (if I finish XR591), etc.

The previous title of the track was just "Gran Paradiso Island": https://soundcloud.com/0zone0ne/supertuxkart-gran-paradiso-island
I like new the title, but the problem now is that the music is called different things in different places. :s I guess I can deal with that.

If you do that we should probably give a name to the Cocoa Temple music as well for consistency.
0zone0ne

Postby samuncle » 10 Dec 2014, 06:41

for cocoa I called it cocoa river. I think it's kinda poetic to have different names but that will reference the track. Not sure.

I admit I randomly choose a name
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby ArDanWol » 06 Mar 2015, 16:05

Hey Sam,
I was thinking that Gran Paradiso would be an excellent egg hunt track. It would be cool if you made a little ramp into the baggage claim area, onto the tarmac where the airplanes land, or into the little hut on the beach so you could put eggs there. :cool: Maybe remove a few invisible walls too. I like to explore tracks and this one is perfect! Is placing eggs something that I could work on? Is it fairly easy?
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby samuncle » 06 Mar 2015, 18:17

Hi

Glad you like Gran Paradiso :).
It would be cool if you made a little ramp into the baggage claim area, onto the tarmac where the airplanes land

That would require a little bit of work but that's possible :). However it's not my priority currently, but I take into account your suggestion especially for the beach bar which could be more detailed.
Maybe remove a few invisible walls too. I like to explore tracks and this one is perfect!

You have to understand it's smoke and mirror ^^. As soon as you go off limit, the geometry and details are cut down for performances. Many part aren't done or just very basically. (more information http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Sty ... ines#Rules)
Is placing eggs something that I could work on? Is it fairly easy?

You can definitely try to do that to learn blender etc and see how tracks are done. However I don't recommend to do it on a track like gran paradiso which is heavily modified and not fully stable yet. You can try sure but if you want to see your modification commited I would rather suggest to do in a track like XR591, which almost nobody modify currently.

Sam
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby ArDanWol » 06 Mar 2015, 22:23

samuncle {l Wrote}:
It would be cool if you made a little ramp into the baggage claim area, onto the tarmac where the airplanes land

That would require a little bit of work but that's possible :). However it's not my priority currently, but I take into account your suggestion especially for the beach bar which could be more detailed.

If you did do this, the ramp onto the tarmac wouldn't really be necessary. I tried getting down there without a ramp and made it just fine. :)
samuncle {l Wrote}:
Maybe remove a few invisible walls too.

You have to understand it's smoke and mirror ^^. As soon as you go off limit, the geometry and details are cut down for performances. Many part aren't done or just very basically. (more information http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Sty ... ines#Rules)

I understand. Really, the only wall I had in mind was the one near the beach bar. There really aren't many other walls that keep you from exploring.
samuncle {l Wrote}:
Is placing eggs something that I could work on? Is it fairly easy?

You can definitely try to do that to learn blender etc and see how tracks are done. However I don't recommend to do it on a track like Gran Paradiso which is heavily modified and not fully stable yet. You can try sure but if you want to see your modification commited I would rather suggest to do in a track like XR591, which almost nobody modifies currently.

Good point. I'm having trouble getting the STK scripts to work with Blender (See topic I posted in STK General), but after I get that working I'd be glad to work on this. XR591 could definitely be improved.
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby thamlett » 10 Mar 2015, 19:55

I agree, XR591 could use some improvement (a bit to orange for my taste lol). I also agree that it would be a great track to be "next-gen-ed" since it is by far one of the most ugliest tracks to date (no offense to whoever made it in the first place).
Timothy Hamlett
thamlett