Next-gen arenas?

Next-gen arenas?

Postby Anon » 20 Aug 2014, 00:37

Hi, I was wondering if there were any plans in place for making next-gen arenas?

If not, then I might try to make one. Assuming that it would be helpful, of course.
Anon

Re: Next-gen arenas?

Postby samuncle » 21 Aug 2014, 17:54

Yes of course. Arenas need to be ported like other tracks.

But our current focus is on tracks since it's the main game + for each track made we have more objects available in the library so it's easier to make other tracks.

For some arena I was thinking to adapt some sections of existing next gen tracks. For instance I can from the beginning adapt one section of a track to be an arena. So it might be less work for us.

As I said before, I suggest if you want to help us to make objects :). It's very easy and it helps me a lot :).
Your objects were very useful. I already used them for Chocolate and some are planned for other tracks :). Keep doing this great job.

Sam
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby Anon » 21 Aug 2014, 18:33

Of course, I'll keep on making objects. But for now, I'm starting to run out of ideas for objects, and want to complete another entry on my ideas list.

So what I'm wondering is if I try to make an arena, what would be the most helpful way to go about doing it? Right now, I'm thinking of either doing a remake of The Stadium or making a brand new temple-themed arena using the objects from the chocolate library.
Anon

Postby Arthur » 21 Aug 2014, 20:23

Brand new is fine; I think mainly we need arenas of different sizes and difficulty (item/banana/nitro distribution), and I think experimenting with pushable objects could be fun (though don't have hundreds of those or performance will go down).

One idea for an arena I've had for quite a while is a track with a "Duplo"-like theme (don't use the brand though ;) ). The general idea was to have two castles opposite of each other, a bridge going over from one to the other on the top, and a wall of movable large pieces under which block driving from the lower entrances to the other side. The wall could be broken by pushing one of the heavy boulders on the top of the castles down the ramp which lead to the lower entrance (both the sphere/boulder and the wall pieces could be quite heavy; ideally the wall isn't easy to break down without using one of the two boulders). And obviously some items etc would be needed, but relatively sparsely distributed.

Not sure how fun this would be in practice, but in my mind it seemed like it could be. Anyway, feel free to create whatever arena you want; as long as it's of the quality you've shown so far we'll certainly consider them (case-by-case obviously, when you have something ready). ;)
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur