final version of minigolftrack

Re: final version of minigolftrack

Postby Alayan » 19 Sep 2013, 17:28

I tested it, and definitely it is better.
The old version had an odd caracteristic : it was extremely easy against IA (unable to drive correctly), and extremely hard in time trial (be near the best time needed lot of training, accuracy and some luck to not do any error)
Now, this seems not especially hard in time trial, but against IA there is some challenge (not the hardest track, but still more hard than a lot).

Still, I agree about the texture of the tunnel (and maybe the height of the tunnel ?) which was better previously and a pushing effect for the ball fired by the canon instead of the explosion, which would make the track better !
Alayan
STK Moderator

Postby rubberduck » 20 Sep 2013, 07:22

if you think that there are some small things to do, i want to say, that i don't have time to change anything
https://notabug.org/rbduck/Nucleagacy
my puzzle / action game in godot 4
rubberduck

Postby tavariz91 » 24 Sep 2013, 12:08

Alayan {l Wrote}:I tested it, and definitely it is better.
The old version had an odd caracteristic : it was extremely easy against IA (unable to drive correctly), and extremely hard in time trial (be near the best time needed lot of training, accuracy and some luck to not do any error)
Now, this seems not especially hard in time trial, but against IA there is some challenge (not the hardest track, but still more hard than a lot).

Still, I agree about the texture of the tunnel (and maybe the height of the tunnel ?) which was better previously and a pushing effect for the ball fired by the canon instead of the explosion, which would make the track better !

+1 :)
rubberduck {l Wrote}:if you think that there are some small things to do, i want to say, that i don't have time to change anything

Don't worry, real life stays always the most important ;) but the day you find the time...
"I do not agree with what you say, but I will fight up to death so that you have the right to say it"
- Voltaire
tavariz91

Postby rubberduck » 25 Sep 2013, 07:15

stk is not the only game i work on,
i start to make some tracks for stunt rally and i make some graphics for wesnoth.

then there are some other things like blender (not for stk)
rubberduck

Postby NeonKnightOA » 01 Dec 2013, 15:44

Awesome version, indeed. I thought at first that this version would be featured in 0.8.1.
Clearly a huge improvement to the original minigolf.

The driving has become easier, and as a result, races in high difficulty settings are harder, contrary to the original version, where driving was hard and battles against the AI were easier. Not that this is a bad thing, on the contrary. Many of the tracks in the game are easier to drive and hard to dominate.

There's also a lot of room for skidding, which in these versions of STK is a good thing. And many cheap shortcuts were removed (such as the nitro-ramp-jump at the northwest which bypassed the tunnel; the sharp-S-turn at the northeast, replaced with that spiral; or the northwest A corner) while others could easily be alternate routes now, such as the southeast red road, which can be accessed easily by nitro-ramp-jumping that bit, and which bypasses the windmill and the golf balls. The tunnel itself has been improved, and now there's no point in using that shortcut, where reaching the north bridge just became harder.

All in all, the map is a huge improvement over the original minigolf. Congrats!
Last edited by NeonKnightOA on 02 Dec 2013, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

"Practice good sportsmanship. You were a n00b once, too." - UT3 advice
"The ratio of critics to creators is something like 10,000:1. The ratio of good critics to bad: 1:10,000." - Fast Eddie
"The ones who speak loudest, are usually the least productive" - Skillz, UTFiles admin
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
NeonKnightOA

Postby Arthur » 01 Dec 2013, 20:05

Hm forgot to test this version; will have to do that sometime.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby Ludsky » 02 Dec 2013, 11:04

I prefer this version of miniglof. More easy :)
Ludsky

Postby Auria » 03 Dec 2013, 00:33

Yes, there are many improvements in this version, however I think rubberduck hasn't finished working on it
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby rubberduck » 04 Dec 2013, 12:32

most things are ready, but i don't have planned to work on the track next weeks.

if you think that there are some minor issues or problems, you could optimize it.
rubberduck

Postby Auria » 04 Nov 2014, 01:03

Hi,
I'm resurrecting this track because in preparation for the 0.8.2 version, I have included your new version of minigolf with minor changes to make it work with the engine. Thank you for your work and sorry for the delay; if you ever want to work more on your track, please use the version found in the media repository
Auria
STK Moderator