Konqi wants you !

Re: Konqi wants you !

Postby Funto » 14 Feb 2013, 09:16

You don't need to add anything for christmas mode, you just need to indicate the hat's location through a bone named "Head" or "head".
If you're using svn version or a nightly build, you can force Christmas mode by using the option --xmas=1
Nice kart BTW :)
Funto

Postby jymis » 14 Feb 2013, 10:30

It's very nice like this !

I have a small problem with the plate : background isn't orange but black. I'll see why tonight.

It would be more visible in case of failure of the player but can you improve the steering wheel ? =)
(an exemple : http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bmw_steeringwheel_kers_2009.jpg
you can get inspired dashboard special KDE I did)

Sorry to bother you with this, but I saw you put my pseudo "jymis" in the license text file. I thank you. But usually I put my author name " Ned J. ", can you edit it ? :s
jymis

Postby betharatux1 » 14 Feb 2013, 12:28

Funto {l Wrote}:You don't need to add anything for christmas mode, you just need to indicate the hat's location through a bone named "Head" or "head".
If you're using svn version or a nightly build, you can force Christmas mode by using the option --xmas=1
Nice kart BTW :)

unfortunately i use windows version, and i can't find that version there :think:
btw, about indication can adjust the position of x, y, z and rotation position with manually ? ( firstly, we open blender, then copy-paste position hat we want > ex: kart-hat.xml ) :lol:

jymis {l Wrote}:It's very nice like this !

I have a small problem with the plate : background isn't orange but black. I'll see why tonight.

It would be more visible in case of failure of the player but can you improve the steering wheel ? =)
(an exemple : http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bmw_steeringwheel_kers_2009.jpg
you can get inspired dashboard special KDE I did)

Sorry to bother you with this, but I saw you put my pseudo "jymis" in the license text file. I thank you. But usually I put my author name " Ned J. ", can you edit it ? :s

background black ? :o ... i will checked file again, maybe i miss something :oops:

actually i feel same about steer, and yes i will try something about that :lol:
about license, yes i will change it :lol:
"Just jumping and somersault on spring bed at mall, then great ideas come" Image
betharatux1

Postby Ludsky » 14 Feb 2013, 15:34

Very Good, congratulation, when you upload in the addons Konqi ?
Ludsky

Postby betharatux1 » 15 Feb 2013, 06:49

jymis {l Wrote}:I have a small problem with the plate : background isn't orange but black. I'll see why tonight.

here the revision of konqi :)
konqiV1.7z
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 306 times
"Just jumping and somersault on spring bed at mall, then great ideas come" Image
betharatux1

Postby S@f » 16 Feb 2013, 12:22

Hello everyone !

I would like to test your very beautiful kart. But I encountered some bugs... very bad bugs.
Look at the pictures below :
Image 4.png
Konqi kart bug

I don't know why I get this horrible bug. I run STK 0.8 on a PowerMac G5, 10.5.8 with an ATI Radeon graphic card.
Note taht I have also this bug with the new special build for Mac PPC made by Xeno74.

[Edit] I found the origin of the bug :)
All textures are not in POT. Please make your textures in POT (power of two) because it's very important for old graphic card, moreover the aim of STK is to run on a wide range of computer :)
So I resize your textures in a POT, and it's work perfectly. It's a very good work Betharatux1!
But I think you can do certainly better than me because now your textures are deformed... so the resolution isn't very good.

I noticed another thing, the konqui.bd3 file is very big, nearly 18 Mo. Is it normal? Because most of the other .b3d file of other karts weigh less than 1 Mo.

I have made a zip file with the POT textures :)
Attachments
Konqi POT textures.zip
Konqi POT textures
(288.69 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
S@f

Postby jymis » 16 Feb 2013, 19:36

S@f {l Wrote}:I noticed another thing, the konqui.bd3 file is very big, nearly 18 Mo. Is it normal? Because most of the other .b3d file of other karts weigh less than 1 Mo.

It's the same for my part.
I think it's necessary. A good kart visually cannot weigh less than 1Mo.
That's my opinion.

Thanks to have noticed for the textures.
jymis

Postby Auria » 16 Feb 2013, 22:53

Looks good! I suggest that you upload this kart to the addons when you feel it is ready. making new characters add-ons are the first step, and of course once this is done we can decide to include the kart by default
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby betharatux1 » 17 Feb 2013, 01:44

ouch that really horrible bug OMG, i never imagine will became like that :o
and i don't know about .. Mo :oops: :oops:

for upload into stkaddons, looks like i can't ... when i tried to upload into stkaddons an error occur :cry:
btw, new steer has been added and now i have done this kart ;)

really konqiV1 promising now ? :lol:
konqiV1-latestcomplete.7z
i have reduce size texture, and now i have put better konqi model from basse
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 319 times

and when someone want for upload this kart into stkaddons , i want you use this screenshot :cool:
konqiV1-sshot-overworldzone-2.png
betharatux1

Postby Auria » 17 Feb 2013, 02:43

if an error occurs on stkaddons, please tell us the error message you got
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby betharatux1 » 17 Feb 2013, 07:00

Auria {l Wrote}:if an error occurs on stkaddons, please tell us the error message you got

before when I try to upload an error message appear > "505 internal error or something like that". :cry:
but now it looks like okay and just waiting for the approval of admin :think:
betharatux1

Postby S@f » 17 Feb 2013, 11:36

Hello everyone !

I have just test the latest release of Konqi Kart. It's a very cool kart :)
But I have noticed some things :

The sizes of theses texture are not in power of two (64, 128, 256, 512...), and my graphic card doesn't like them :eew: :

-konqi eye.png, I suggest you to resize it in 128px * 128px
    -konqi vehicle texture up1.png, suggested new size 256px * 256px
    -KonqiV1-kartequipmenttexture.png, suggested new size 256px * 256px
    -konqiV1-name.png, suggested new size 256px * 128px
    -konqiV1-steertexture.png, suggested new size 256px * 256px
    -konqiV2 wheel texture.png, suggested new size 256px * 256px

I like the lost animation of Konqi, but the steer wheel "follows" too much the kart. I don't know if I made it clear... I think the steer wheel hasn't to move with the Kart. I think it can be fix easily, maybe by changing a little the animation of the steer wheel. Indeed at the end of the race, the Karts have a constant speed. So if you take away the steer wheel faster, I think we will have the feeling that the steer wheel doesn't move with the Kart :)

Yes know that I'm really annoying :D but apart from this I like very much your Kart !
S@f

Postby jymis » 17 Feb 2013, 12:57

Very good. The steer is simple but nice !

Very optional : a dashboard with two counters and some buttons.
I re-send you my texture for inspiration.

I think it's operational now.
Perhaps two or three color and textures upgrades later.
Attachments
eviltux_kart_texture.png
for KDE dashboard example
jymis

Postby betharatux1 » 17 Feb 2013, 20:06

S@f {l Wrote}:
I like the lost animation of Konqi, but the steer wheel "follows" too much the kart. I don't know if I made it clear... I think the steer wheel hasn't to move with the Kart. I think it can be fix easily, maybe by changing a little the animation of the steer wheel. Indeed at the end of the race, the Karts have a constant speed. So if you take away the steer wheel faster, I think we will have the feeling that the steer wheel doesn't move with the Kart :)

Yes know that I'm really annoying :D but apart from this I like very much your Kart !

steer doesn't move at lose-animation ? ... hm, in my pc the animation work as well :think:

S@f {l Wrote}:Yes know that I'm really annoying :D but apart from this I like very much your Kart !

just thanks you tell me about POT .. i have change all texture size like your suggest :) ( and i still waiting konqi appear on addon :lol: )

jymis bro, do you have an idea for a mascot for a kart that you modified it ? :think:
or I try to create a new model of eviltux ? :lol:
betharatux1

Postby jymis » 18 Feb 2013, 20:21

I'm working on sandtrack these times. And I'm slowed by violent computer problems since one week.
I also began improving two other characters.

So I totally agree that you improve Eviltux so he could return to the game.
Err, however, I can't find his origin. Someone know ? I wonder if this would be a really useful character.

In any case, if you manage to do something really nice, I don't mind if he's useful. It could be an exclusive character for STK.
However, don't base you too much on Tux which is ugly and bulky. Let run your imagination. =D
jymis

Postby betharatux1 » 19 Feb 2013, 17:02

jymis {l Wrote}:Err, however, I can't find his origin. Someone know ? I wonder if this would be a really useful character.

origin in my version : how I got it, by importing eviltux of STK 0.6.2 because it still uses the. ac ( the first thing that made ​​me smile ) .. and after that, you have to flip reverse the helmet to avoid losing his helmet while on export. about the animation absolutely empty, but first we can get the model :lol:
jymis {l Wrote}:In any case, if you manage to do something really nice, I don't mind if he's useful. It could be an exclusive character for STK.
However, don't base you too much on Tux which is ugly and bulky. Let run your imagination. =D

yay ... imagination :lol:
let me thinking something ... hahah :lol:

btw after a few day, konqiV1 still not appear in addons ... um :think:
betharatux1

Postby jymis » 19 Feb 2013, 17:53

betharatux1 {l Wrote}:origin in my version : how I got it, by importing eviltux of STK 0.6.2 because it still uses the. ac ( the first thing that made ​​me smile ) .. and after that, you have to flip reverse the helmet to avoid losing his helmet while on export. about the animation absolutely empty, but first we can get the model :lol:

No, I speak about the affiliate of this character.
Puffy for OpenBSD.
Tux for Linux generally.
Wilber for The Gimp.
etc.
But what for Eviltux ?
jymis

Postby betharatux1 » 19 Feb 2013, 20:22

jymis {l Wrote}:No, I speak about the affiliate of this character.
Puffy for OpenBSD.
Tux for Linux generally.
Wilber for The Gimp.
etc.
But what for Eviltux ?

OMG i am sorry, it seems I was too spirited :oops:
looks like eviltux just a villains character design in STK, and seem not a certain mascot :think:
even i search, i just found "some edited tux picture" and thinking by fans made. :lol:
betharatux1

Postby fraang » 21 Feb 2013, 00:11

Really nice work betharatux1! :D
fraang

Postby Auria » 23 Feb 2013, 23:24

Congratulations, this kart is excellent :) I have integrated it into STK and it should appear in 0.8.1
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Totoplus62 » 23 Feb 2013, 23:56

Auria {l Wrote}:Congratulations, this kart is excellent :) I have integrated it into STK and it should appear in 0.8.1

Yes ! :cool:

Maybe i did not understand everything :think: but why beautiful characters such as Minix or amanda were not introduced in the game instead of elephpant for example ?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Features under CC-BY 3.0, CC-BY-SA 3.0 or equivalent GNU license
Image SuperTuxKart Popularity
Totoplus62

Postby betharatux1 » 24 Feb 2013, 02:55

Auria {l Wrote}:Congratulations, this kart is excellent :) I have integrated it into STK and it should appear in 0.8.1

yay ! :cool:

Totoplus62 {l Wrote}:Maybe i did not understand everything :think: but why beautiful characters such as Minix or amanda were not introduced in the game instead of elephpant for example ?

maybe, elephpant still have cute aura :lol:
betharatux1

Postby Ludsky » 24 Feb 2013, 10:36

betharatux1, what next kart, you change ?

PS : Konqi is very good, congratulations !
Ludsky