New HUD design

Re: New HUD design

Postby hiker » 02 Jun 2014, 06:55

Sauer2 {l Wrote}:While you are at polishing, two requests/suggestions:
1. The chest-unlocking animation is unnecessary slow. 1 second should be maximum and the proceed button seems kind of pointless.

We can perhaps looking at speeding it up a bit, though it might look a bit strange. The proceed button has some usages - e.g. allow a kid to run screaming to his or her parents to tell them what just happened, so they can have a look ;)

2. The introduction sequence is rather cheesy and clunky from the second part (no offense). Since the game experience isn't about video sequences and stories like, say, Mass Effect, why not end the sequence after the first scene? One could change the end of the first scene (where nolok kidnapps the gnu character) that noloks face get panned and zoomed in and he points at the player and says something simple like "Want him back alive? Beat me at x...".

Those animations can easily be skipped (just press escape), and they are only shown once for each local player. While they can certainly be improved (and admittedly might be somewhat pointless in a racing game), I think most people like them ;)

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby Sauer2 » 02 Jun 2014, 21:16

hiker {l Wrote}:
Sauer2 {l Wrote}:While you are at polishing, two requests/suggestions:
1. The chest-unlocking animation is unnecessary slow. 1 second should be maximum and the proceed button seems kind of pointless.

We can perhaps looking at speeding it up a bit, though it might look a bit strange. The proceed button has some usages - e.g. allow a kid to run screaming to his or her parents to tell them what just happened, so they can have a look ;)

Please don't make it a child-only game, or at least, provide an option for this.
Also
allow a kid to run screaming to his or her parents to tell them what just happened
only max 8 year olds would do this. Is it really aimed at 6 year olds? It's full of abstracts/images kids that age would have difficult times to grasp.

EDIT: Never mind about the button, it already has been improved. I probably had an earlier version in mind where points and unlocked archivements where seperated by a proceed button themself.
Sauer2

Postby Yannick Richol » 14 Aug 2014, 17:39

hi, can you tell me how to create a gui interface type? :|
Yannick Richol

Postby samuncle » 14 Aug 2014, 19:29

Making an interface like that requires to learn how to program, in particular the C++ (STK is written in C++).

So start by learning C++. Then we can go further.

[edit]
And if you ask how to learn C++, I think you should discover by yourself. There is a tooooooooon of tutorial on Internet. Knowing how to search on Internet is very important.
If you are motivated enough, there should be no problem.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby Yannick Richol » 14 Aug 2014, 21:09

Okay thank you ;)
Yannick Richol