Framanouille's kart

Framanouille's kart

Postby kalado » 17 Jul 2012, 22:24

Hello all, in my last posts I said I was going to make the frenouille's kart but indeed her name is the Framanouille, since it's the framakey's mascot, I don't why I made this mistake with her name.
I've alredy moddelled and textured the character, now I've done the basic shape of the kart, here is a picture:
preview.png

That's not a final version and since I'm not satisfied with it, it think I'll make a new one from scratch. But I wanted to get your impressions before going further.
All comments are welcome.
kalado

Re: Framanouille's kart

Postby ctdabomb » 17 Jul 2012, 22:45

my impression is what people have told me about making tracks: make 1 really good one instead of 10 mediocre tracks. now I know that you are probably doing your best on all of these, but make a really good one before moving on to another. listen to the hypocrite speak :P
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby Ludsky » 18 Jul 2012, 09:39

Framanouille's kart in this picture >> air to be well

I think, this will be the best Kart of you (because, sorry for you, but your 2 first kart is not good for me, is very médium)
Ludsky

Postby betharatux1 » 19 Jul 2012, 03:34

amphibi kart will be ? the model are cute as well . :heart:
whew, very nice ... i early realized all characteristic kart did your creation always use 1 hand for hold steer ( that not problem, just comment )
i assume if you make 1 special another kart for your own will be used on STK Online ( i hope for it happening ), looks like i will recognize you :lol:
"Just jumping and somersault on spring bed at mall, then great ideas come" Image
betharatux1

Postby kalado » 03 Aug 2012, 15:20

Ludsky {l Wrote}:I think, this will be the best Kart of you (because, sorry for you, but your 2 first kart is not good for me, is very médium)

I already made 3 karts, are you speeking about Big Buck Bunny, Minix or Amanda? I'm not very proud of my Big Buck Bunny, I aknowledge but I thought Minix was quite good. :cry:
ctdabomb {l Wrote}:my impression is what people have told me about making tracks: make 1 really good one instead of 10 mediocre tracks. now I know that you are probably doing your best on all of these, but make a really good one before moving on to another

Well to my mind I spent enough time on each karts, it's just that I am not a really skilled artist, but I think I'm doing my best.

I continued to work on framanouille's kart and I've got a working version. I added some textures. Now I'm trying to add decorations and maybe to exhibit a part of the motor. I also wanted to add some fire so that it would be lit during the race but it would disappear at rest, do you think it's possible with the current game's engine.

I uploaded the file.
Attachments
framanouille.tar
(10.63 MiB) Downloaded 318 times
kalado

Postby Ludsky » 03 Aug 2012, 17:20

kalado {l Wrote}:
Ludsky {l Wrote}:I think, this will be the best Kart of you (because, sorry for you, but your 2 first kart is not good for me, is very médium)

I already made 3 karts, are you speeking about Big Buck Bunny, Minix or Amanda? I'm not very proud of my Big Buck Bunny, I aknowledge but I thought Minix was quite good. :cry:
I uploaded the file.

Minix is so long and impractical and texture is médium / Amanda the texture is medium otherwise it is a good kart
What Bick Buck Bunny have you done?

I think your last kart, framanouille is the best of your kart, is very goog, I Think .... :)
Ludsky

Postby Ludsky » 03 Aug 2012, 17:31

Is a good kart but change your colors : Vehicles >> Blue-Water color

For me is best :)
Ludsky

Postby Ludsky » 08 Mar 2013, 13:44

It's advance ?
Ludsky

Postby Totoplus62 » 13 Mar 2013, 17:12

kalado {l Wrote}:
kalado {l Wrote}:

What ???! :shock: I don't understand ludsky opinion, and i can't let him say that: for me Minix and amanda are in the top 5 of the best kart of this game so far ! :heart: :!: (The same level as suzanne). Minix is the character i play the most :o

--> I take this opportunity to ask why Minix and Amanda are not already in the game ?(but not as add-on; they have to replace karts such as horrible one like elephpant and mozilla :eew: ) these are funny cartoon characters like the others.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Features under CC-BY 3.0, CC-BY-SA 3.0 or equivalent GNU license
Image SuperTuxKart Popularity
Totoplus62

Postby Ludsky » 13 Mar 2013, 18:29

Totoplus62 {l Wrote}:
kalado {l Wrote}:
kalado {l Wrote}:

What ???! :shock: I don't understand ludsky opinion, and i can't let him say that: for me Minix and amanda are in the top 5 of the best kart of this game so far ! :heart: :!: (The same level as suzanne). Minix is the character i play the most :o

--> I take this opportunity to ask why Minix and Amanda are not already in the game ?(but not as add-on; they have to replace karts such as horrible one like elephpant and mozilla :eew: ) these are funny cartoon characters like the others.

???!!!!! Everyone's tastes ! :shock: :shock: :shock: ???!!!!

I think this kart is best of Kalado. But i like Big bug bunny bug rider. And amanda is best as Minix (minix is so long Kart, for me minix is not very good and the texture also.)

Elephant is so funny and Mozilla is a very good Kart ! Penny or Punny is a good kart, they have to remplace karts. :heart:
Ludsky

Postby Funto » 13 Mar 2013, 20:47

Just my opinion, but from the screenshots and video, I agree with Totoplus62 that the Minix kart is quite good, and I prefer it to Framanouille. I don't know what Amanda looks like.
Funto

Postby Totoplus62 » 13 Mar 2013, 22:08

Ludsky {l Wrote}:Elephant is so funny and Mozilla is a very good Kart ! Penny or Punny is a good kart, they have to remplace karts. :heart:

Ok :shock: Do you honestly play with elephpant ? Minix texture isn't nice ? :| The argument is a little weak ... so why is the texture bad? Minix texture just fit well but mozilla and elephpant one :eew: (--> plain texture/color + bad 3D model for elephpant and mozilla)
Yes i agree "everyone taste" but sometimes i just don't understand these "tastes"...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Features under CC-BY 3.0, CC-BY-SA 3.0 or equivalent GNU license
Image SuperTuxKart Popularity
Totoplus62

Postby Ludsky » 13 Mar 2013, 22:58

Totoplus62 {l Wrote}:
Ludsky {l Wrote}:Elephant is so funny and Mozilla is a very good Kart ! Penny or Punny is a good kart, they have to remplace karts. :heart:

Ok :shock: Do you honestly play with elephpant ? Minix texture isn't nice ? :| The argument is a little weak ... so why is the texture bad? Minix texture just fit well but mozilla and elephpant one :eew: (--> plain texture/color + bad 3D model for elephpant and mozilla)
Yes i agree "everyone taste" but sometimes i just don't understand these "tastes"...

Minix : texture of Kart is poor and kart is hard to drive because is too long

I play with Konqi (old and new), Penny or Punny sometimes and Emule. (Is the best kart for me)

Elephant is more simple but more playing and more funny for children. STK is game for children, don't forget !
Ludsky

Postby kalado » 29 Aug 2013, 23:18

Hi everyone, it has been a long time. I didn't do anything 3D-related for quite a long time, but now I'd like to practice it again. I agree with you Ludsky, my cars' textures are not that good, that's why, on this I'm going to make a particular effort on the texturing part. I tried for a more blue theme. I'm not very happy with the lights on the back of the car and with some colours but I'd like your opinion on this first try.

test.jpg
Attachments
framanouille.tar
(780 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
kalado

Postby Ludsky » 30 Aug 2013, 09:19

I like you kart, It's Very good begin ;) but texture.... :d
Ludsky

Postby kalado » 17 Jul 2014, 09:10

Hi, I'm back after an entire school year and during this holidays I'd like to finish my WIP. As nobody liked the previous kart, I tried a new concept with a new color theme. Tell me what you think about it. I still have to add details to the texture and I'm also thinking about adding some moving algaes to the kart. But I am rather happy with the result.
kart_preview.jpg
Attachments
framanouille.zip
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 285 times
kalado

Postby samuncle » 17 Jul 2014, 10:33

Hello :)

The character is cute. I can't see now the 3d object. However the texture should be improved.

I recommend you to watch this tutorial
http://cgcookie.com/blender/cgc-courses ... e-barrier/

You will learn how to make an object for a game.
And how to texture it

For the quality the current reference is Suzanne.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby Ludsky » 17 Jul 2014, 12:25

Very good but i agree with samuncle
Ludsky

Postby charlie » 17 Jul 2014, 13:12

It is a lot, lot better. Keep working on it and you will be able to get it to the standard to which samuncle aspires for game content.

The shape, theme of the reworked kart is a massive improvement over the original effort. I like the leafy back. Good work so far!
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Akien » 17 Jul 2014, 13:24

charlie {l Wrote}:It is a lot, lot better. Keep working on it and you will be able to get it to the standard to which samuncle aspires for game content.

The shape, theme of the reworked kart is a massive improvement over the original effort. I like the leafy back. Good work so far!

I agree with charlie, this new kart really looks great. The froggy/leafy kart is really cute, I'm looking forward to trying it out in-game :-)
Now I think the character could use some more work to bring it to the same quality as its kart.

Keep up with this model, it will be great! :-)
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby kalado » 17 Jul 2014, 19:54

Thanks for the advices. I tried to improve the textures. I took a leaf texture from opengameart.org but I am having problems with the way to use an alpha material in supertuxkart, you can see it on the screenshot. Could anyone explain to me what I did wrong?
capture.jpg
capture.jpg (9.37 KiB) Viewed 11628 times
Attachments
framanouille.tar.gz
(7.06 MiB) Downloaded 301 times
kalado

Postby kalado » 18 Jul 2014, 08:33

Sorry for the double post, but I managed to solve the problem. Now I just to work further on the textures. I submitted a first version of the kart in the addon.
kalado