Art Museum converted

Art Museum converted

Postby ctdabomb » 23 May 2012, 14:37

I didn't think art museum ever got fully converted, so I did that. I still have presents to do, and IT NEEDS A LICENSE!!!!!
Screenshoat.png

Screenshot-1.png
Attachments
artmuseum.7z
(9.98 MiB) Downloaded 424 times
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Re: Art Museum converted

Postby Arthur » 23 May 2012, 15:03

That was kinda the problem, if I recall correctly; several of the textures had no clear license, and as such we have to assume full copyright in these cases, i.e. they can't be used. Of course you could upload it somewhere and link to it if the forum admins agree, but we can't have it on the stkaddons website (violates the terms of our hosting, and also the letter of the law).
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby ctdabomb » 23 May 2012, 16:19

darn, and with the old forum broken it will be hard to tell who made what or what license it was. :(
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby Ludsky » 23 May 2012, 17:04

ctdabomb {l Wrote}:darn, and with the old forum broken it will be hard to tell who made what or what license it was. :(

Change the texture ? ;)
Ludsky

Postby ctdabomb » 23 May 2012, 17:22

Ludsky {l Wrote}:Change the texture ? ;)

we'll have to unless we can figure out the license issue
ctdabomb

Postby STKRudy85 » 23 May 2012, 17:37

I'm interested to work with you clearing this track.

I have an art to do: A tux parody ot "The scream of Munch"

Resume of free material
STK fan
STKRudy85

Postby ctdabomb » 23 May 2012, 17:55

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:I'm interested to work with you clearing this track.

I have an art to do: A tux parody ot "The scream of Munch"

Resume of free material

any help would be nice
ctdabomb

Postby Ludsky » 23 May 2012, 20:30

Yeah it's so good ;)
Courage Rudy & Good Work ;)
Ludsky

Postby ctdabomb » 24 May 2012, 14:48

here is the license so far.

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
art_tuxwarhol.png and art_mondriantux.png by someguy Released under CC-BY-SA 3.0

art_stoneagetux.png, Gooey-Tag.png, Mr-ice-Block-Tag.png, Puffy-Tag.png, ElePHPant.png, Evil-Tux-Tag.png, Nolok-Tag.png, Gnu-Tag.png, Hexley-Tag.png, Wilber-Tag.png, Tux-tag.png, Van-Tux-Autoportrait.png by Rudy Released under CC-BY-SA 3.0

brunocb-jeune-tuxette-a-la-perle-16461.png, brunocb-la-joconde---mona-lisa-tux-6204.png, brunocb-leonard-de-vinci----tux-de-vitruve-10838.png, brunocb-psychedetux-dali-8692.png by BrunoCB Released under LGPL

concrete.png, brick.png by the original (Super)TuxKart team Released under GPl

city_asphalt, city_concrete, city_metal by horace Released under CC-BY-SA 3.0

earth.png and logs2 by Auria Released under CC-BY-SA 3.0

grass2 created by Christoph Egger <debian@christoph-egger.org>, Marianne Gagnon (Auria) and MiniBjorn Released under CC-BY-SA 3.0

tree_leaves1.png, tree_leaves2.png by varivar Released under CC-BY-SA 3.0

art_stkwikieviltux.png, art_stkwikimozilla.png, art_stkwikimriceblock.png, art_stkwikinolok.png, art_stkwikiskirpy.png, art_stkwikiyeti.png, art_stklogo.png from the SuperTuxKart wiki http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

BrickRound0025_2_S.png by p0ss relesed under GPL

bubinga.png, wood_fine.png by Luke.RUSTLTD released under CC0

Chemine.jpg by Tiziana Released under CC-BY-SA 3.0

------------------------------
graffiti_mural.png, graffiti_sign.png, sign_lotclosed.png, sign_nolittering.png by tuxthepenguin
wilber.png by dakal
coniferous_tree.png released under GPL
art_stkinthedark.png
art_tuxinthecity.png
mosaic01.png
OrnamentsRectangular0021_1_S.png

:(
Last edited by ctdabomb on 18 Jun 2012, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
ctdabomb

Postby ardvark71 » 27 May 2012, 10:37

Hi all...

Please excuse my ignorance, but the license I see above consists of material that has been made and released under the GPL and Creative Commons. I'm not understanding why aspects of the map cannot be used or changed. :?

Regards...
Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all!

How do I know this personally? Please read here.

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here!
ardvark71

Postby Arthur » 27 May 2012, 14:00

The license file is not complete, so there's quite a few textures to go if the bottom ones are those who are left.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby ctdabomb » 27 May 2012, 17:06

there are some files from the wiki, but I couldn't find a license for them. does anyone know?
art_stkwikieviltux.png
art_stkwikimozilla.png
art_stkwikimriceblock.png
art_stkwikinolok.png
art_stkwikiskirpy.png
art_stkwikiyeti.png
ctdabomb

Postby ardvark71 » 28 May 2012, 01:05

Arthur {l Wrote}:The license file is not complete, so there's quite a few textures to go if the bottom ones are those who are left.

Ah, ok, thank you. :)

Regards...
Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all!

How do I know this personally? Please read here.

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here!
ardvark71

Postby ctdabomb » 18 Jun 2012, 17:37

I updated the license above.
would people be able to help replace the last two art pieces:
art_stkinthedark.png
art_tuxinthecity.png

and can people help clarify the licenses of these:
graffiti_mural.png, graffiti_sign.png, sign_lotclosed.png, sign_nolittering.png by tuxthepenguin
wilber.png by dakal

and then there are two textures to replace:
mosaic01.png
OrnamentsRectangular0021_1_S.png
ctdabomb

Postby asciimonster » 18 Jun 2012, 19:24

And you might need to take a walk through the exhibition, Mougorski style:
Promenade_Moussorgski.zip
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

Or rather in animusic style...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q259PP4HdzM
asciimonster

Postby qubodup » 26 Jun 2012, 20:45

It's great that you're taking care of this track, ctdabomb. I want to help find replacements for textures with unknown/incompatible licenses.

For some reason the track looks like this in the latest svn (is this because the 'bad' textures have been removed? http://i.imgur.com/pcKvs.jpg

art_*png look like edited screenshots of STK. Not sure what that says about their license though, as they probably show GPL and CCBYSA content at the same time (this is a really weird case of license problems that is probably unique to open source games...) I made sloppy painting versions, if you'd like to use them.

mosaic01.png: I made a possible replacement by layering/cutting textures from http://schools.spsd.sk.ca/mountroyal/Ho ... menu1.html (PD)

OrnamentsRectangular0021_1_S.png is also available on https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5 ... 8obHzLLajQ but there's no license info (not sure the uploader is the author). I made a texture that might be a good replacement (you might want to desaturate and lighten it, if white is better than yellow.: http://opengameart.org/content/sandstone-ornament-256px

What is not clear with
wilber.png by dakal
? Whether GPL applies to all of them? Whether dakal is the author of all of them? What the GPL version(s) is/are? Is dakal available for contact?

PS: whoops, didn't make a replacement for the second art image yet. Will attach in a minute EDIT: done.
Attachments
art_tuxinthecity_replace.svg
Made by qubodup (Iwan Gabovitch) <qubodup@gmail.com> and released under terms of CC0/Public Domain.
(17.51 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
art_tuxinthecity_replace.png
Made by qubodup (Iwan Gabovitch) <qubodup@gmail.com> and released under terms of CC0/Public Domain.
stk-replacements-qubodup-cc0.7z
All art in this archive is made by qubodup (Iwan Gabovitch) <qubodup@gmail.com> and released under terms of CC0/Public Domain.
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 363 times
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 26 Jun 2012, 21:43

qubodup {l Wrote}:What is not clear with
wilber.png by dakal

? Whether GPL applies to all of them? Whether dakal is the author of all of them? What the GPL version(s) is/are? Is dakal available for contact?

those were the files that I found out something about where they cam from, but not enough to..... er..... um... use them legally???

graffiti_mural.png, graffiti_sign.png, sign_lotclosed.png, sign_nolittering.png by tuxthepenguin were by tuxthepenguin but I have no idea what license they are under.
same with wilber
and coniferous_tree.png released under GPL i just don't know who made it
ctdabomb

Postby qubodup » 26 Jun 2012, 21:58

I just wrote emails to dakal and tuxthepenguin (using forum contact form). Let's hope they'll reply.

as for coniferous_tree.png: http://www.burningwell.org/gallery2/v/t ... 2.JPG.html might be a good direct replacement ( after scale/crop, maybe colorize). Do you need help with that?
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 26 Jun 2012, 22:01

qubodup {l Wrote}:I just wrote emails to dakal and tuxthepenguin

I already tried tuxthepenguin but twice doesn't hurt(I hope)
qubodup {l Wrote}:as for coniferous_tree.png: http://www.burningwell.org/gallery2/v/t ... 2.JPG.html might be a good direct replacement ( after scale/crop, maybe colorize). Do you need help with that?

i don't think so, that texture has already been used in several tracks and I just need to ask Auria or someone about it probably.
ctdabomb

Postby qubodup » 26 Jun 2012, 22:11

ctdabomb {l Wrote}:
qubodup {l Wrote}:as for coniferous_tree.png: http://www.burningwell.org/gallery2/v/t ... 2.JPG.html might be a good direct replacement ( after scale/crop, maybe colorize). Do you need help with that?

i don't think so, that texture has already been used in several tracks and I just need to ask Auria or someone about it probably.

You're right, it actually is located in the textures/ dir, so you don't need to include the texture in the track release at all (you might have to change how the texture is 'linked' to(?)).

There is actually no license info for that file in the textures/License.txt . STK devs might want to take care of that.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 26 Jun 2012, 22:16

qubodup {l Wrote}:There is actually no license info for that file in the textures/License.txt . STK devs might want to take care of that.

is it seriously in there?!?!?!?! AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHH!!!!!!!!! i have spent a whole day working on finding about about that texture and even looked in the textures folder and I missed it!!!!!
runs out of the house and jumps in a lake
ctdabomb

Postby qubodup » 26 Jun 2012, 22:43

It's there (at least in SVN it is).

Hey, at least this means you won't spend another day looking for that. :D I hope the temperature is mild.

I have been going through similar issues when replacing images for DNT last week.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby Dakal » 27 Jun 2012, 09:53

Hi guys.

As i said in the email i sent to qubodup. All i did for STK was under CC By Sa but if you can't find a mention of a licence type in something else i did, the WTFPL is applied. Why WTFPL? Because i think it's less complicated and you know, complicated things are really the mess when you can't find the guy.

Good work ctdabomb. ;)

PS: I'm not very involved in libre projects now, but sometimes i watch what happen in the STK developpement because this game is in my heart.
Dakal

Postby ctdabomb » 27 Jun 2012, 15:07

here is license so far: http://www.pasteall.org/33282
only two items left: graffiti_mural.png, and graffiti_sign.png
I am trying to make a replacement for graffiti_sign.png
ctdabomb

Postby qubodup » 27 Jun 2012, 15:55

How about the attachements?
Attachments
graffiti_mural_replace.png
Made by qubodup (Iwan Gabovitch) <qubodup@gmail.com> and released under terms of CC0/Public Domain
graffiti_mural_replace.svg
Made by qubodup (Iwan Gabovitch) <qubodup@gmail.com> and released under terms of CC0/Public Domain
(32.7 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
qubodup
Global Moderator