stkaddons.net

Re: stkaddons.tuxfamily.org

Postby norcal » 02 Feb 2010, 20:11

Here's an Irish translation for stkaddons.

Also, "Authentification" should be "Authentication". This is part of the message that shows up if you don't login correctly.

Cheers
Attachments
stk_addons_ga.7z
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
norcal

Postby hiker » 03 Feb 2010, 01:34

xapantu {l Wrote}:Maybe I could start this but I need more detail. So, if you have some time to answer to these questions :
- What library do you want to use to download add-ons ? (I thought use ftp python library but include python seems to be very complicated on windows)

Certainly not ftp, we want one library which easily allows us to interact with a web server. With ftp we can only upload files (which means we have to handle concurrent uploads to make sure that we are not overwriting data). I don't have the time to look into libs right now, but I would prefer not to add to the dependencies of STK by adding python.

- It would be good if we could add add-ons in ~/.config/supertuxkart/data on linux (and in others directory for others sytem), how can I make that ?

STK (irrlicht version) already supports reading karts and tracks from different additional directories. So the new data files can be stored where the user config files are and read from there. Perhaps not an ideal situation (I'd say that the config files should be rather small directories, not potentially several 10's MB). We might also make this configurable, i.e. use the user config dir as a default, but users (and/or package maintainers) might define other directories to use (configure specifies --sharedstatedir for modifiable architecture-independent data in .../com - not that I have seen this used much ;) ).

On linux system, stk can't be updated by a no-administrator user. So, I think it will works only on Windows and Mac OS X :(

As written above - that's already taken care of.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby MCMic » 03 Feb 2010, 09:36

MCMic

Postby Dakal » 03 Feb 2010, 17:44

I made some changes since my post yesterday, i hope you like it this time. :)
Remember it's just a presentation because i have no talents in php ... To see what it looks like go [url=http://]here[/url] again, the archive is downloadable here.

PS: I use Firefox on Linux i can't check if the website pass on IE, sorry windows users.
Last edited by Dakal on 29 Mar 2010, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
Dakal

Postby xapantu » 03 Feb 2010, 19:25

Dakal {l Wrote}:I made some changes since my post yesterday, i hope you like it this time. :)

I didn't see your last post, sorry.
I like very much ! :) I will try to include this new design to the site. Maybe I will modify a little it before :
- include jquery to add effect for menu
- remove some add-ons type :( (There is no skin, music and sounds for add-ons)
- "sort by ...." unless I have time to include them in php code
- set a position for the background image because on my computer :

Capture-14.png

edit : And this theme is under GPL license ?
Dakal {l Wrote}:Remember it's just a presentation because i have no talents in php ... To see what it looks like go here again, the archive is downloadable here.

PS: I use Firefox on Linux i can't check if the website pass on IE, sorry windows users.

I use Linux too (but maybe I will test on windows) :) .

Here's an Irish translation for stkaddons.

Also, "Authentification" should be "Authentication". This is part of the message that shows up if you don't login correctly.

Thanks a lot, I am going to add this translation and fix the bug :) .

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/National_insignia

Thanks (but yekcim sent me some flags too ;) ).

Certainly not ftp, we want one library which easily allows us to interact with a web server. With ftp we can only upload files (which means we have to handle concurrent uploads to make sure that we are not overwriting data).

Why ? With ftp we can easily download some file e.g. : ftp://download.tuxfamily.org/stkaddons/ you can't upload any files, only download.
I think ftp would be very good to download some add-ons. If we use another system we will have to find a server which accept this transfer.
xapantu

Postby Dakal » 03 Feb 2010, 20:41

xapantu {l Wrote}:I like very much ! :) I will try to include this new design to the site. Maybe I will modify a little it before :
- include jquery to add effect for menu
- remove some add-ons type :( (There is no skin, music and sounds for add-ons)
- "sort by ...." unless I have time to include them in php code
- set a position for the background image because on my computer :

No problem, modify it! i made it for that ;)

xapantu {l Wrote}:And this theme is under GPL license ?

Of course, any licence you want, so GPL if you think it's the better choice.
I'm glad you like this test, if you want something else said me. ;)

EDIT: I have just seen your sentence about interface
xapantu {l Wrote}:- remove some add-ons type :( (There is no skin, music and sounds for add-ons)

But any artists can make some parts of GUI (interface) and music packs no?
I mean if i want to make a duck sound for the cake explosion i can't propose it? ( In reality i'm not a music maker and i hate ducks)
Dakal

Postby hiker » 03 Feb 2010, 23:17

xapantu {l Wrote}:
Certainly not ftp, we want one library which easily allows us to interact with a web server. With ftp we can only upload files (which means we have to handle concurrent uploads to make sure that we are not overwriting data).

Why ? With ftp we can easily download some file e.g. : ftp://download.tuxfamily.org/stkaddons/ you can't upload any files, only download.
I think ftp would be very good to download some add-ons. If we use another system we will have to find a server which accept this transfer.

You already have a web server, so we can use it for downloading (I thought I had mentioned that in my original post ... but I didn't - sorry). So not only don't we need another server, using http would (hopefully) mean that you don't have to make any changes to the site since we are just using the same as the web interface.

Using http also allows us to do other things - e.g. allow people to vote on tracks from within stk, which I think would be a really great feature (I seem to remember that you wanted to add voting to the site, right?). This would be really difficult with ftp.

One question re the version number you have for the karts/tracks: is this for the version that's used inside of stk, or a version number for the track/kart? It would be useful to have a version number for tracks/karts (perhaps call it revision to avoid using the name 'version' again), so that stk can detect when a kart/track was updated. But the internal STK version number is important, too, so that no add-ons are downloaded that won't work with the installed stk version (e.g. imagine that by stk 0.9 karts might not be compatible with 0.7 any more).

Wish I had more time to add this for 0.7 - atm my intention is to get 0.7 out asap (which will be a few weeks at least), and then add an add-on downloader to stk, in time for a potential 0.7.1 release.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby xapantu » 04 Feb 2010, 19:07

Dakal {l Wrote}:
xapantu {l Wrote}:- remove some add-ons type :( (There is no skin, music and sounds for add-ons)

But any artists can make some parts of GUI (interface) and music packs no?
I mean if i want to make a duck sound for the cake explosion i can't propose it? ( In reality i'm not a music maker and i hate ducks)

If you make an add-ons, I will add music, skin or sounds but I can't let blank a category ! ;)

hiker {l Wrote}:
Using http also allows us to do other things - e.g. allow people to vote on tracks from within stk, which I think would be a really great feature (I seem to remember that you wanted to add voting to the site, right?). This would be really difficult with ftp.

You are right, http would be better (I am stupid, I didn't think for the voting system :? ).
But I am not going to add a voting system soon, I haven't enough time :o .

hiker {l Wrote}:One question re the version number you have for the karts/tracks: is this for the version that's used inside of stk, or a version number for the track/kart? It would be useful to have a version number for tracks/karts (perhaps call it revision to avoid using the name 'version' again), so that stk can detect when a kart/track was updated. But the internal STK version number is important, too, so that no add-ons are downloaded that won't work with the installed stk version (e.g. imagine that by stk 0.9 karts might not be compatible with 0.7 any more).

Yes, I am going to add a better revision system, there is already a version number but user can't change it :? .
xapantu

Postby xapantu » 04 Feb 2010, 20:06

Irish translation added
xapantu

Postby xapantu » 05 Feb 2010, 20:36

Update !
New flags :
lang2.png

Do you like them ?

hiker : What do you think about curl ? http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/ It is cross platform.
xapantu

Postby Auria » 05 Feb 2010, 22:54

the flags seem good to me.

libcurl is an obvious choice (and probably a very good one) for network communication. Unfortunately, it does introduce a new dependency. But I guess that if we want these features we will have no choice but add a dep of some kind
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby xapantu » 06 Feb 2010, 12:48

Auria {l Wrote}:libcurl is an obvious choice (and probably a very good one) for network communication. Unfortunately, it does introduce a new dependency. But I guess that if we want these features we will have no choice but add a dep of some kind

Ok, so maybe I will start to add package management to supertuxkart (but I am not very good at c++) . :p

Update !
- some documentation (in the code) and cleaning code
- new author property :
Property not empty :
author1.png

Property empty :
author3.png
author3.png (18.25 KiB) Viewed 21488 times

Configuration :
author2.png

- Replace "version" by "revision"
xapantu

Postby xapantu » 06 Feb 2010, 20:06

Update !
- BBCode syntax :
bbcode1.png

bbcode3.png

- help for bbcode :
bbcode2.png
bbcode2.png (7.65 KiB) Viewed 21480 times
xapantu

Postby xapantu » 07 Feb 2010, 15:40

rudy85, can you re-upload your screenshots (for new tracks) ?
xapantu

Postby Auria » 07 Feb 2010, 17:14

great job with this, thanks
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby rudy85 » 08 Feb 2010, 21:48

I will send them in a few minutes
STK 3D animation
My work is under the licence you want
rudy85

Postby asciimonster » 08 Feb 2010, 22:12

Nice of you to add an option "Submiter".

Unfortunately it's not "Submiter" but "Submitter" :(

P.S. When opening the single help item I get: "Fatal error: Class 'coreHelp' not found in /data/web/dd/05/2a/stkaddons.tuxfamily.org/htdocs/addon.php on line 58" :cry:
asciimonster

Postby rudy85 » 08 Feb 2010, 23:26

The attachment Capture-SuperTuxKart Add-ons - Mozilla Firefox.png is no longer available

I've added the files I 've wanted to post
Named battlespace
Attachments
battespacescreenshot.png
Capture-SuperTuxKart Add-ons - Mozilla Firefox.png
STK 3D animation
My work is under the licence you want
rudy85

Postby xapantu » 09 Feb 2010, 12:57

asciimonster {l Wrote}:
Unfortunately it's not "Submiter" but "Submitter" :(

I am going to fix that ;)
asciimonster {l Wrote}:P.S. When opening the single help item I get: "Fatal error: Class 'coreHelp' not found in /data/web/dd/05/2a/stkaddons.tuxfamily.org/htdocs/addon.php on line 58" :cry:
rudy85 {l Wrote}:I've added the files I 've wanted to post
Named battlespace

Mmmm, I made some changes in the code and apparently there are some problems :? .

But I am going to remove help, and add a help category on the supertuxkart wiki :p , it will be easier.
xapantu

Postby Dakal » 09 Feb 2010, 13:51

if someone is interrested by .xcf of the presentation i post them below. All parts are modified version of "bg.xcf". ;)
Attachments
images_xcf.zip
xcf
(266.53 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Dakal

Postby xapantu » 09 Feb 2010, 17:28

Update !
- Users page :
http://stkaddons.tuxfamily.org/account.php (you must be logged)
user1.png

- News system on the homepage :
http://stkaddons.tuxfamily.org
e.g. :
New track Battlespace par rudy85

- Update french translations (http://stkaddons.tuxfamily.org/translations.pot)
- Fix some bug for tracks and karts upload
- Remove help

and :
Homepage of stkaddons.tuxfamily.org {l Wrote}:New track Battlespace par rudy85
New track Mystery Island 2 par rudy85
New track Icetrack par rudy85
New track Industry par rudy85
New track Inthehouse par rudy85
New track Nightclub par rudy85
New track Skatepark par rudy85

rudy85, I uploaded your battlespace screenshot, can you upload others screenshot e.g. http://stkaddons.tuxfamily.org/addon-view.php?addons=tracks&title=Mystery%20Island%202 (scroll to the bottom and select "Image" ):
Capture-15.png

if someone is interrested by .xcf of the presentation i post them below. All parts are modified version of "bg.xcf".

Thanks, I am going to add that to svn.
xapantu

Postby xapantu » 11 Feb 2010, 14:19

In-game menu !

I started to add an in-game menu :
ingame.png

If a developer of stk has time to answer to my questions : :)

How can I reduce grid's child ?
My pkg.stkgui :
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
<stkgui>
    <div x="5%" y="0" width="90%" height="98%" layout="vertical-row" >
        <header width="100%"
            I18N="Package screen"
            text="Package Screen"
            align="center" text_align="center" />

<box proportion="2" height="10%" width="25%" layout="vertical-row">
            <ribbon_grid id="addons" proportion="1" square_items="true" width="100%" align="center"
                label_location="bottom" child_width="80" child_height="80"/>
            <button id="back" width="250" height="35" align="left"
                I18N="In the help menu, to return to the previous screen" text="Back"/>
        </box>
    </div>
</stkgui>

Is it correct ?

I use libcurl.
I added two new option in user config :
    <!-- Http for pkg management -->
    <http value="http://stkaddons.tuxfamily.org/xml/addonsXml.php" />

<!-- Dir for package management -->
    <pkgsave value="/home/xapantu/data-stk" />

To get addons list I use curl to download this file : http://stkaddons.tuxfamily.org/xml/addonsXml.php (and icons) and irrXML to read it.

What do you think about that ?
xapantu

Postby Auria » 11 Feb 2010, 15:16

Hey seems great!
To reduce children size, you should theorically be able to simply edit the child_width="80" child_height="80" attributes ( however it is not impossible that you discover bugs in the GUI system, this is rather young code ;) )
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby xapantu » 11 Feb 2010, 19:01

Auria {l Wrote}:Hey seems great!
To reduce children size, you should theorically be able to simply edit the child_width="80" child_height="80" attributes ( however it is not impossible that you discover bugs in the GUI system, this is rather young code ;) )

I tried but when I edit this properties, children remain the same size :?
xapantu

Postby Auria » 11 Feb 2010, 21:10

Ok, I think I may know why.
Can you open guiengine/widgets/DynamicRibbon.h (I suppose you have the source code of STK since you're adding a screen) and locate this line :

DynamicRibbonWidget(const bool combo=false, const int max_rows=4);

the max_rows bit may be the culprit (it's there since I never envisionned a screen like you want to do); can you try increasing the maximum number of rows?
Auria
STK Moderator