[0.8.1] [0.9] [Windows 10] Crashing and Unplayable Graphics

[0.8.1] [0.9] [Windows 10] Crashing and Unplayable Graphics

Postby NomenUsoris » 04 Nov 2016, 05:16

Hello, I'm having problems with both 0.8.1 and 0.9. I tried 1.9, and the objects in the map were constantly flashing white. I updated my graphics drivers to no effect, so I downloaded 0.8.1 which works quite well except for one thing so far. After a little while of playing multiplayer, it crashes. I can't seem to trigger this except for playing a little while with two people. My log has mentioned a couple things, which I will recall to the best of my memory as I'm so far unable to make the crash happen without someone controlling the other cart. It's said something like "[warn] Deprecated texture: grass.png" and something about city/screenshot.png for a custom map, and again complaining about water.png. I don't know if these have anything to do with the crash at all.

I'm assuming that this is insufficient information. Is there any way I can monitor the crash to a greater extent, or perhaps someone will recognize one of these issues without the details? If I can get 0.9 or 0.8.1 to work that would be great.

Thanks for your consideration!
NomenUsoris

Re: [0.8.1] [0.9] [Windows 10] Crashing and Unplayable Graph

Postby deve » 04 Nov 2016, 21:03

You mean a crash in multiplayer in battle mode? The 0.8.1 version had a bug that sometimes was crashing the game in battle mode. If you want to play STK 0.8.1 and you are able to compile STK yourself, you can use my bug-fix branch:
https://github.com/deveee/supertuxkart-0.8.1-updates

Regarding to flashing white in current STK, could you provide your stdout.log file? It can be found in %appdata%\supertuxkart\0.8.2 directory. It may give some information.
deve

Re: [0.8.1] [0.9] [Windows 10] Crashing and Unplayable Graph

Postby QwertyChouskie » 04 Nov 2016, 21:13

0.9? The latest is 0.9.2, try updating.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie