Cannot complete tutorial

Cannot complete tutorial

Postby mikedz » 04 May 2016, 18:27

Hi,

Just started playing STK. I have completed almost all of the story mode but I cannot race the boss because I have not completed the tutorial - I cannot complete it. Looking at Youtube apparently I'm meant to get popups telling me what to do, I'm not getting them.

Even if I do everything I've seen in a Youtube video, the tutorial will not complete. I drive past the chequered banner and nothing happens - I bump into invisible wall.

Running on OSX 10.9.5
STK 0.9.1

Any ideas?

Mike
mikedz

Re: Cannot complete tutorial

Postby Auria » 06 May 2016, 02:00

Hi,

first of all the tutorial is not required to play the game. However what you describe sounds like an earlier bug we had. When did you download the game? If it was some time ago, could you please try downloading it again? A very similar bug was fixed some time after the release, there was a mistake in the OSX packaging
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby mikedz » 07 May 2016, 10:17

This is interesting. I downloaded the game very recently using the samuncle.net link on the STK website: SuperTuxKart 0.9.1. This download has the issue.
I re-downloaded the game but from the sourceforge mirror on the STK website which is marked as: SuperTuxKart 0.9.1a (mirror provided by sourceforge)
This one does not have the issue - the popups appear and I can successfully complete the tutorial.

This leads to potentially another bug with the version from samuncle - I completed every race in storymode (gold cup icon on every map location) except the tutorial and the one behind the big door at the end. As I said in my first post, when I try to go through the big door a message pops up saying I need to complete every challenge first, even though I had.
I'll go through the races again in the new version and see if this has changed.

Cheers,

Mike
mikedz

Postby deve » 07 May 2016, 22:12

@mikedz are you 100% sure that you completed every challenge, or maybe is it something like this?
https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-code/issues/2004

You can look at challenges.xml file to see if all challenges are completed.
deve

Postby Auria » 11 May 2016, 00:09

Hi,

oops sorry about the bad mirror, I have removed that mirror for now. Sorry about that, 0.9.1a is the one you should use
Auria
STK Moderator