Issue when rescueing

Issue when rescueing

Postby netsabes » 03 Feb 2016, 20:26

Hi (and sorry I'm french...)

STK 0.9.1

When I try to call the rescue with the Tab key, sometimes it doesn't work.
It works only when I'm in the water, or when I fall from a cliff or a bridge. But sometimes, I want to be rescued because I can't go up a mountain, and It's impossible.

In the past versions, it worked.

Any idea ?

Netsabes.
netsabes

Re: Issue when rescueing

Postby Auria » 04 Feb 2016, 02:35

Hi,

you mention the tab key, is it specific to that key? What if you try another key, that is less likely to be captured by the OS? Also make sure to press only that key, and not many keys at once.
Auria
STK Moderator

Re: Issue when rescueing

Postby ArDanWol » 04 Feb 2016, 04:19

netsabes {l Wrote}:Hi (and sorry I'm french...)

What are you sorry for? Auria and Samuncle speak French. We don't discriminate here. ;)
As Auria suggested, try setting the rescue action to a different key, and try pressing it by itself. Some keys don't register when pressed simultaneously. See here: http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/FAQ#Some_keyboard_keys_do_not_work_when_pressed_simultaneously
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol