Bug Stage gap

Bug Stage gap

Postby tzimasr » 15 Jan 2016, 10:26

Hi in this stage Mac edition - offline mode - Single player - elephant - expert - normal race - shifting sands there is a gap in the stage. When I went off the road then I found this gap. When I fell into the gap then I started to fly. In other tracks it does not exist something like that. it need repair. Certainly fly for a few seconds because it saves you the bird. But it isn't right.
Attachments
Στιγμιότυπο 2016-01-12, 18.46.08.png
tzimasr

Re: Bug Stage gap

Postby Dugglez » 16 Jan 2016, 01:46

Why would this matter if this is offroad and very out of the way? It doesn't effect gameplay.
Dugglez

Postby Akien » 16 Jan 2016, 09:56

Dugglez {l Wrote}:Why would this matter if this is offroad and very out of the way? It doesn't effect gameplay.

Because it breaks the feeling of immersion in the game? It's indeed not a big issue as it doesn't affect gameplay, but it's still one that would be worth fixing:
- by removing this "gap"
- or by preventing the players from going there, either with an obstacle or invisible wall
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby Arthur » 16 Jan 2016, 11:57

Or by redoing the track from scratch, which Auria suggested as the best fix in another topic. AFAIR you have to go far off-road before seeing this so I'm not sure a quicker fix is worth spending time on.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby Dugglez » 16 Jan 2016, 12:00

@Akien mate, if you look at the time in the top left it took him 5 minutes to even get there. No person intending to seriously play the game would see it, anyone who did would be messing about.

Immersion? I'll tell you what immersion isn't; a group of animals in karts throwing around explosive pastries!

@Arthur couldn't have said it better myself.
Dugglez

Postby Akien » 16 Jan 2016, 12:09

Dugglez {l Wrote}:@Akien mate, if you look at the time in the top left it took him 5 minutes to even get there. No person intending to seriously play the game would see it, anyone who did would be messing about.

Then it just shouldn't be allowed to stray off that far from the track, should it? You can't make an open world kart game, so you need to put limits to the level that prevent reaching the no-art-land. That's pretty common in all games, nothing revolutionary here.

Dugglez {l Wrote}:Immersion? I'll tell you what immersion isn't; a group of animals in karts throwing around explosive pastries!

What's that for an argument? Does a cartoonish universe automatically make it ok to have graphical glitches, while a realistic open world game shouldn't have any? When I play games, I want to be in the game, not think "oh here's a broken skybox" or "they forgot to put a texture here". Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that fixing this bug is important at all, just that your argument for not fixing it is a bit "meh".
Akien

Postby Dugglez » 16 Jan 2016, 12:30

"SuperTuxKart is a Free 3D kart racing game" - front page of STK. Never mentions open world.

My second "argument" was more like a joke.

This is starting to wear on me.
Dugglez

Postby Dugglez » 17 Jan 2016, 01:05

This video says all there is to say about you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qyrwCB2l0o
Dugglez

Postby Akien » 17 Jan 2016, 01:18

Dugglez {l Wrote}:This video says all there is to say about you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qyrwCB2l0o

I will assume that you don't mean this as an offence.

Now let's leave it at that, you don't want to accept or try to understand my argumentation, that's your right. It's not an important topic to me either, so I'm out :)
Akien

Postby Dugglez » 17 Jan 2016, 01:37

As am I.
Dugglez