[tutorial] Making a next generation arena

[tutorial] Making a next generation arena

Postby samuncle » 07 Jan 2016, 17:59

Hi everyone

Geekpinguin just released his racing track "Las Dunas Stadium" and we implemented AI battles (you can now play single player battles).

I never made an arena because it wasn't widely used nor included in the story mode but now we can have battles so it's time to do my first arena.
I will explain in great detail the whole process of doing the arena. The goal is:

1) Upgrading the current "The stadium" arena which is old and not very beautiful
2) Making a merge using objects and concepts made by GeekPenguinBR
3) Explaining to people the whole process, the choices, and a step by step explanation
4) gathering live feedback

I have written part 1 and part 2. You can read and give me your suggestions and feedback. I'm currently writting the part 3.

I really hope it will be an interesting tutorial and you will learn a lot of stuff.

http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Tut ... troduction
samuncle
STK Moderator

Re: [tutorial] Making a next generation arena

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 07 Jan 2016, 19:40

Hi!

It's nice to see our project being used as reference for a new arena. :) Just one correction: I'm not the only one designer of Las Dunas Stadium, since I made it with Tuxkardriver. So, we are using the nickname Tux Brothers.

The Stadium received some improvements and I will return soon with details. So, I will reply all doubts and comments.
"Making cool harmless games makes the world a better place".
GeekPenguinBR