Remaining Source Files for a Few Main Karts

Remaining Source Files for a Few Main Karts

Postby Worldblender » 04 Sep 2015, 05:53

Hi there again,
I tried the latest version of SuperTuxKart (0.9) just this week, and I liked the progress being made, though I wish some of that stuff could be backported to the 0.8x series.
Anyway, I want to know about where I can obtain the source files for only the character icons (.svg(z), .xcf, .psd, whatever) for the following standard karts (not addons):
If any of you have the source character icon files for the above karts, please upload them here, so that it is easier to tweak them, make derivative works more easily from them, or even put them onto a scalable (vector-based) user interface for smooth resizing. ;) I'm not going to simply trace the bitmap versions of those icons because they will not be turn out in the same way as the originals.
If the original files for one or more of the above karts are not retrievable perhaps because of deletion, I can try to recreate those files, but again, they WILL NOT be made the same way as the original files. I hope I can eventually get my hands on the source character icon files, as they and the existing character files may become useful to me in the future when I start making my own programs and games. :heart:
Last edited by Worldblender on 11 Sep 2015, 14:13, edited 2 times in total.
Worldblender

Re: Remaining Source Files for a Few Main Karts

Postby Auria » 07 Sep 2015, 22:51

Hi,

icons for which we have the svg source will be in the media repository : http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Media_Repo , in folder vector_art
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Worldblender » 07 Sep 2015, 22:57

I saw the svg sources already; I'm only referring to the characters whose icon sources possibly might NOT be publicly available due to the original authors not uploading/submitting them online. All the other characters should be fine as I can guarantee myself access to them at any time.
The whole reason I posted this topic is because the characters in my question have no SVG character icons that are publicly available. So I'm asking people here to see if those source files can be made public.
Worldblender

Postby samuncle » 11 Sep 2015, 11:42

I think we have to ask the original authors. That would be a good thing to be done and also for us to get the sources.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby Worldblender » 23 Sep 2015, 05:45

I'd like to have at least one of those source files soon (by the end of this year, 2015). If that can't happen, I know this may not be high priority, so I may have to wait. :| Or, do you want me to do some of this task myself by going around to find and contact the original authors for the source files, and I upload them here (which means that I offload this job from you as developer(s) to me as my responsibility)? :think:
Worldblender

Postby Auria » 30 Sep 2015, 01:53

If we don't already have these files in the media repository, it's unlikely that we will get them now, sorry - unless the original author happens to read this and submits it
Auria
STK Moderator