Unable to configure keys for controller

Unable to configure keys for controller

Postby radiant » 26 Jul 2015, 03:47

I have two controllers plugged in, a Logitech Dual Action and a slightly newer Logitech F310 model. The main differences between the two are that the F310 has analog triggers instead of simple buttons in the "L2" and "R2" positions, and that it has a "main menu button" in the center of the controller that I don't plan on using.

Before I can use them at all, though, I'd like to configure each of them for use in STK 0.9, and the game isn't letting me do that. It detects the controllers and lists them in the input device menu, apparently giving them each a default control setup: for example, the F310 controls are prefilled with "Turn Left" set to "Axis 0 -", and "Turn Right" set to "Axis 0 +". I wanted to change around some of the buttons, and normally when you click to set a button it pops up a dialog box to prompt you for the key you want to set it to (this much works correctly when I'm trying to set keyboard keys). But here, the dialog box pops up on the screen for about one frame before immediately and automatically closing, returning me to the list of controls where I can see the requested control has been set to a curious "Axis 0" alone, without a trailing + or - sign. On the Dual Action it's a similar story, but with the control being set to "Axis 2 -" each time. I never get a chance to actually decide which button to assign the feature to, and there's not even a way to undo the last assignment.

Both controllers work fine in other games without showing signs of an axis constantly being held down, and I made sure that neither control stick was pressed in any direction when I plugged them both in.
radiant

Re: Unable to configure keys for controller

Postby ArDanWol » 26 Jul 2015, 23:25

Try configuring them one at a time.
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby radiant » 26 Jul 2015, 23:59

That works, with one of them unplugged so it doesn't show up in the configuration list.
radiant

Postby ArDanWol » 27 Jul 2015, 13:03

Good, glad to be of service :) I've had the same issue before.
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol