My modifications textures in karts and ideas

My modifications textures in karts and ideas

Postby PauloBrazil » 22 Jun 2015, 22:00

The more gloss texture is best in the game.The karts supplements are horrible, are not compatible with the graphics, it seems the old version.

Pidgin kart:
I put more brightness and some effects in texture.Black is the villain in design!
>>>

Textures

other:

The Black is the problem of textures of karts

what do you think?
PauloBrazil

Re: My modifications textures in karts and ideas

Postby ArDanWol » 22 Jun 2015, 22:56

I'm not quite convinced by Pidgin, but it's a very good addition to Kongi and Hexley. Nice work :)
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby Auria » 30 Jun 2015, 23:40

I think the change may be a little too extreme, especially for pidgin and a little for konqi too. If you tried to find a more balanced middle ground, though, that could be interesting :)
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby samuncle » 01 Jul 2015, 03:50

Also I want to point out that gloss is now computed by the engine. So you should use a gloss map/specular map instead of putting it into the diffuse texture.

If you want to make something that will be included in the core game, you should use gloss map. The biggest advantage is they react to the environment around them. Which means if you are in a track with a sun set, the gloss will be slightly pinkish and if you are in the middle of the desert, it will be blue.

Everything is explained here :)
http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Tra ... d_Material

You can check the karts, Xue, Amanda, Adiumy who use the new system.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT
1) The kart preview is too dark this is a know bug. Please never use this to tweak the gloss map.
2) Always test the kart in a next generation track, namely Cocoa Temple & Gran Paradiso. Older tracks don't use all effects so you might tweak them in a wrong way.
samuncle
STK Moderator