Beta 2 road collisions?

Beta 2 road collisions?

Postby asciimonster » 21 Feb 2015, 17:00

I'm testing the beta2 version now on a regular basis. I'm trying to look through the graphical issues (support for an ATI Radeon on windows isn't great currently).

One thing I noticed was that I heard the collision sound when no other karts or objects were present. Investigation this further I noticed that this happened usually on a dip or bump or change of road surface. Therefore I think it can only mean one thing: A collision with the road surface. It seems that the speed also dips when the kart collides with the road surface (I can't actually read the speed since the gauge in the bottom right doesn't work).

Has anyone else noticed this as well? And if so, should I log a ticket?
asciimonster

Re: Beta 2 road collisions?

Postby hiker » 22 Feb 2015, 11:49

asciimonster {l Wrote}:One thing I noticed was that I heard the collision sound when no other karts or objects were present. Investigation this further I noticed that this happened usually on a dip or bump or change of road surface. Therefore I think it can only mean one thing: A collision with the road surface. It seems that the speed also dips when the kart collides with the road surface (I can't actually read the speed since the gauge in the bottom right doesn't work).

Has anyone else noticed this as well? And if so, should I log a ticket?

Yes, ticket would be best, but you need to include the kart and location where it happens, best with a screenshot.

Ideally you could attach a history file: place the track with a single kart, go to the location where it happens and reproduce the problem. Then press F10. This will create a fill called history.dat in the current working directory. Compress this file and attach it to the ticket, this will allow me to see exactly what happens.

Thanks!
Joerg
hiker

Postby asciimonster » 23 Feb 2015, 21:34

I've opened a ticket at GitHub, but it doesn't seem to allow any other files than images... Do you know how to attach zip files?
asciimonster

Postby hiker » 24 Feb 2015, 22:36

asciimonster {l Wrote}:I've opened a ticket at GitHub, but it doesn't seem to allow any other files than images... Do you know how to attach zip files?

Hmm - you could either try renaming the zip file to jpg and see if you get away with that - probably not tough.

The just compress the file, and email it to me.

Thanks!
Joerg
hiker

Postby asciimonster » 26 Feb 2015, 22:29

Attached since I don't know your e-mail
history.zip
(98.85 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
asciimonster