How does STK deal with the Copyright/Trademark issue?

How does STK deal with the Copyright/Trademark issue?

Postby opensourcerer » 14 Jan 2015, 22:08

Hi all! :) Long time fan of STK here.

I had a question I was hoping you guys could answer.

I created a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6098

And I was wondering how exactly STK solved that problem. And what would you guys recommend I do?
opensourcerer

Re: How does STK deal with the Copyright/Trademark issue?

Postby Auria » 15 Jan 2015, 02:04

Hi, we have not trademarked the SuperTuxKart name; this has not really been a concern for us so far, and people have generally refrained from using the name improperly. So unfortunately, I won't have any specific recommendation to you
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby opensourcerer » 15 Jan 2015, 19:56

Auria {l Wrote}:Hi, we have not trademarked the SuperTuxKart name; this has not really been a concern for us so far, and people have generally refrained from using the name improperly. So unfortunately, I won't have any specific recommendation to you

Okay, thanks for the info! :)
opensourcerer

Postby rico » 16 Jan 2015, 01:22

How do we let you know if some material is similiar/exact same as copyrighted, say hypothetically a certian music track *cough*, and makes STK boring? :) thanks.
rico

Postby hiker » 16 Jan 2015, 02:30

rico {l Wrote}:How do we let you know if some material is similiar/exact same as copyrighted, say hypothetically a certian music track *cough*, and makes STK boring? :) thanks.

Not sure that I understand you correctly - if you know that there should be music (or any other material) in stk that was not released under a 'free' license, then please tell us - email to the list or post here, including where we can verify that the license we are using is incorrect (note that it can sometimes happen that artists change their license, but a CC license can not be removed: https://wiki.creativecommons.org/Freque ... license.3F). Note that all our assets are copyrighted (using (e.g.) CC, GPL, ...).

Thanks a lot!
Joerg
hiker

Postby rico » 16 Jan 2015, 02:43

I messaged a mod for now thanks,
rico