For current git users

For current git users

Postby hiker » 13 Dec 2014, 13:42

Hi,

for all people using out current git version: as preparation for our upcoming 0.8.2 beta release we have updated the STK configuration to use our new addon server on our own VPS. As a result of this, everyone using current git will automatically access the new server. This has a few implications:
  1. Existing logins were not ported, so you need to create a new account.
  2. Only one or two test addons are available on the new server. Artists will need to re-upload their addons. Main reason is that we now support a bug tracker, so players can report bugs directly to the artist.
  3. It is possible that some inconsistencies between cached addons and new addon data exists. For example. you might download an addon and get an error message, because that addon does not exist on the new server.
We will be posting more details about porting addons and uploading them to the new server in the near future.

Any feedback welcome (esp. tickets ;) )

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Re: For current git users

Postby samuncle » 13 Dec 2014, 14:43

Only one or two test addons are available on the new server. Artists will need to re-upload their addons. Main reason is that we now support a bug tracker, so players can report bugs directly to the artist.

I wanted to add a precision. It is highly recommended to follow the manual if you want to port a track.
We have made a script to convert the blend into the new format. You can also add some new features like lights etc.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby Anon » 14 Dec 2014, 20:36

Am I correct in saying that there aren't any plans in place to migrate data from the old server? I.E., we'll have to create new accounts and re-upload addons even after the release?
Anon

Postby konstin » 14 Dec 2014, 21:01

afaik it isn't finally decided. see https://github.com/supertuxkart/stkaddons/issues/28 for more details
konstin

Postby Arthur » 14 Dec 2014, 23:15

We decided to not migrate in the end, because in doing so we could optimize a bit on the new server.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur