Let's be creative

Let's be creative

Postby samuncle » 12 Oct 2014, 02:30

Hello everyone :)

While some people are helping me with subsea related objects (here, and here), and I encourage you to continue here is a list of object needed. We still need coral, underwater themed furnitures etc.

Now in other hand, I started to make a new next gen track. The track being remade is the track Island, because the vegetation is pretty similar to Chocolate so I have already many objects ready to be used in the track.
The main path and theme won't change too much, however there will be some addition (a big one, oh you can trust me it will be something big*) and some stuff removed.

Now usually we don't ask for ideas because we have a lot of ideas and through iterations we gather opinions and ideas that will be used to improve the track.

But this time I want to try something different. While I have a pretty good idea how the track will look, I think if I open suggestions to everyone we might found something that nobody thought before.

Here is the rules:

1) I have already a pretty good idea of how the track will look
2) There is no guarantee I will use your awesome idea
3) But it might be used in a way nobody ever thought.

And to give the starting push needed

1) The theme is still a tropical island (no frozen or iceberg island)
2) The main shape of the road will be similar (in some way :P)
*3) The track will feature something never seen before in stk. The awesome and unique PSTA
4) The acronym PSTA mean something
5) And nope it's not the Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority :P
6) It's related to STK universe somehow

So what is your ideas for the track Island ? What is the PSTA ? let me know. You can post below pictures of what you think (you don't have to be a good concept artist. Just a photo from google img). :). And don't forget if you are interested in making objects make objects for subsea because once this track is finished I will go straight to the underwater world and convert subsea into the next gen area.
Attachments
path.png
Bonus: The color palette used for the new island version. You can see the blue for the ocean surrounding the small atoll, the sand, the green for grass.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Re: Let's be creative

Postby leper » 13 Oct 2014, 01:49

Samuncle posted a nice screenshot on the IRC channel, which gave me the idea of adding billboards with advertisements for booking holidays on that island to other maps (would work nicely on winter themed maps).
leper

Postby 0zone0ne » 13 Oct 2014, 07:25

What about a short section that goes into a mountain and through a lava-filled cavern? You may not want to shape the track like this, since you're keeping to the layout of the original track, but I wanted to give an example of something which I think would be interesting in this environment. However since I did the art so quickly it isn't very clear where the track is :think: so I marked it in the second image.
What do you think about this?
Attachments
island_ideas1.jpg
island_ideas1_marked.jpg
0zone0ne

Postby XGhost » 13 Oct 2014, 20:28

@0zone0ne
You should know I'm absolutely in love with all your concept arts you've done so far. ;)
I like the idea of this jump-over-lava-gravity-part. Such kind of a cave would be nice!
XGhost

Postby 0zone0ne » 16 Oct 2014, 06:39

@XGhost
Wow, thanks a lot! :)
0zone0ne

Postby charlie » 17 Oct 2014, 22:05

These concept arts really need to make their way into the game somehow. Maybe as previews or maybe as artwork in a track or two.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby hiker » 17 Oct 2014, 23:46

charlie {l Wrote}:These concept arts really need to make their way into the game somehow. Maybe as previews or maybe as artwork in a track or two.

I still love our art museum ;) Perhaps we should consider adding it to our main tracks!

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby Alayan » 02 Nov 2014, 22:54

Art museum in main tracks would be indeed a good idea, imo. It is not the best track for simply racing ; but it's ok ; and it's excellent to just go slowly looking at the various "paintings".
Alayan
STK Moderator