(SOLVED) "In the Spaceship" track not working correctly...

(SOLVED) "In the Spaceship" track not working correctly...

Postby ardvark71 » 06 Jun 2014, 13:20

Hi all...

here just a few minutes ago, I noticed that some new tracks were available so I downloaded a few, including "In the Spaceship." However, when I try to play it, everything seems to set up ok along with the music but the video, for some reason, is all garbled. It's kind of hard to describe but I can occasionally see my kart. I can post a screenshot if that would be helpful. Is this a bug in this particular track or is it not designed for my version of Supertuxkart, which is 0.7.3? :?

Regards...
Last edited by ardvark71 on 09 Jun 2014, 05:38, edited 2 times in total.
Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all!

How do I know this personally? Please read here.

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here!
ardvark71

Re: "In the Spaceship" track not working correctly...

Postby hiker » 07 Jun 2014, 00:52

Hi
ardvark71 {l Wrote}:here just a few minutes ago, I noticed that some new tracks were available so I downloaded a few, including "In the Spaceship." However, when I try to play it, everything seems to set up ok along with the music but the video, for some reason, is all garbled. It's kind of hard to describe but I can occasionally see my kart. I can post a screenshot if that would be helpful. Is this a bug in this particular track or is it not designed for my version of Supertuxkart, which is 0.7.3? :?

Is there a reason why you can't upgrade to 0.8.1? I admit I am not sure if the Spaceship track works with 0.7.3, iirc it was done for 0.8. But most likely the problems might be related to your graphics driver, or perhaps the space track being too resource hungry.

So, first try update to 0.8.1 (which includes this track anyway).

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby ardvark71 » 07 Jun 2014, 22:39

Hi Joerg...

Thank you for your reply. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and if I remember correctly. getting it to run 0.7.3 was a bit of an effort. I'm happy with it so this one track would not be enough of an incentive to try and upgrade, if it were possible. Thanks anyway. :)

Regards...

ardvark71

Postby Arthur » 07 Jun 2014, 23:41

Ubuntu 10.04 no longer receives any updates, security or otherwise, so I would strongly recommend finding the time to install a newer version of your operating system.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby ardvark71 » 08 Jun 2014, 00:15

Arthur {l Wrote}:Ubuntu 10.04 no longer receives any updates, security or otherwise, so I would strongly recommend finding the time to install a newer version of your operating system.

Actually, it does, believe it or not. I'm still getting new updates that show up in the update manager. My system is too old for a newer version of Ubuntu. I have spent many an hour getting software and code alterations and other changes to want to switch to another OS. ;)

Also, is there a download site or link for the Sara Kart? I didn't see it in the add-on section.

Thanks...

ardvark71

Postby Arthur » 08 Jun 2014, 00:31

Maybe you installed the server version? As you can see here, the Desktop version is EOL. In any case, you have to upgrade at some point, and I would suggest going with Lubuntu or a similarly low-resource distro.

Sara was also made for 0.8 or newer, which is why you don't see it in the addons section.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby ardvark71 » 09 Jun 2014, 05:35

Arthur {l Wrote}:Maybe you installed the server version? As you can see here, the Desktop version is EOL. In any case, you have to upgrade at some point, and I would suggest going with Lubuntu or a similarly low-resource distro.

Sara was also made for 0.8 or newer, which is why you don't see it in the addons section.

Ok, thanks.

No, I have the desktop version but am still receiving updates and to be honest, I don't see the need and have no intention of upgrading to another OS until either Ubuntu completely fails beyond repair or my hard drive goes out. ;)

It doesn't look like anyone has a solution to my original problem so I will go ahead and mark this thread as solved.

Thanks again... :)

ardvark71