Bug or Feature?

Bug or Feature?

Postby rubberduck » 19 Feb 2014, 20:22

i tested stk 0.8.1 the first time and i noticed some things.
(i also have installed 0.8 and a svn (between 0.8 and 0.8.1)

1:i don't see the bubblegum-shield on other karts (one time when i threw a plunger on someone, a bubblegum-shield was visible)

2: sometimes when i "activate" a bubblegum, it drops immediately without a shield

3:there are still these "hit messages", i thought they were removed

4: driving over bubblegum does not destroy your shield

5: using a bubblegum makes the bomb disappear (i don't like this, because you can get off the bomb so easily)

6: bug with beblious-addon-tracks (see image)
the_parking_addon_problem.jpg

and at least i have a small idea too:
chosing the number of rounds in a gp-race for every track (not in story mode)
https://notabug.org/rbduck/Nucleagacy
my puzzle / action game in godot 4
rubberduck

Re: Bug or Feature?

Postby deve » 20 Feb 2014, 15:20

1. It's strange...

2. Shield doesn't create when you look backwards. Otherwise you might use it when someone used parachutes or so.

3. Hit messages were removed after 0.8.1 release

4. It's a kind of feature, not a bug. Added by Auria if I remember correctly. I was not sure what would be more properly, but I leaved it unchanged. If you have bubblegum around you, why other bubblegum should break it?

5. The same problem as with parachutes. Sometimes I'm really happy when I have a bomb and I get parachute :D
deve

Postby Tuxfan » 20 Feb 2014, 21:02

Hi rubberduck! I was kind of involved in creating the shield and thus want to answer you more thoroughly.

2: The bubblegum/shield is intended to be a dual-use item. When you an enemy is right behind you, it can be used as the classic bubble-gum (by looking backwards). Else you have a decent shield.

4: Driving over a bulble-gum does not destroy your shield. This is intended. One explanation can be that the shiled itself is made of bubblegum and thus cannot be destroyed by bubblegum. Another reason is that there might appear unintended side-effects in combination with the item-swapper (the one that turns bubblegum into niro and bananas into gift boxes and the other way around.) If a bubble gum would have an effect on a bubble gum shield the following would happen: where one bubble gum was on the road, there are two after someone with a shield drove into it. Someone with the swapper then can collect two large nitro-bottles. This might break the balance of the game.

5: This is a desgin problem. So far a kart can only have one attachment at a time. Attachments are:
  • anything you get from a banana: a bomb, a parachute, an anvil
  • a swatter
  • a shield

What interests me: What happens if you have a shield and someone with a bomb touches you?
Tuxfan

Postby Auria » 27 Feb 2014, 01:53

As for #6, it happens because the driveline in this track is incorrect (I think maybe it's been updated now?)
Auria
STK Moderator