We are very proud to announce release 0.8.1 of SuperTuxKart:
It has taken us a rather long time for a minor release, but most of the developers have been rather busy with mentoring students for the “Google Summer of Code 2013”. On the other hand, we had many contributions from new developers: Dawid Gan tirelessly fixed bugs, making 0.8.1 the minor release with most bug fixes (at least 133). Johannesr1 added shield functionality to bubblegum. Xenux added filtering of add-ons, Glenn De Jonghe saving of a Grand Prix (just abort a Grand Prix at the beginning of a race, later then restart the same Grand Prix, i.e. same number of karts and difficulty again). Funto and Mohammad Al-Ghannam added a multi-player soccer mode, and we also found time to add support for using the Wii Remote to play STK (check our wiki for details).
Totoplus did an awesome trailer for us:
For old players, here a list of most important changes:
- * New track STK Enterprise
* Updated tracks “The old mines”, “Lighthouse”, “Zen Garden”
* New game modes “Soccer”and “Egg Hunt”
* New karts Xue and Sara
* Updated Beastie kart
* Added Tutorial
* Added new Supertux difficulty
* Wiimote support
* New bubblegum shield weapon
* New speedometer and nitro meter
* Add ability to filter addons
* Updated nitro models
* Added ability to save and resume Grand Prix
* Improved skid marks and nitro effects
We hope you all can enjoy 0.8.1!
The SuperTuxKart Team
Edited: XP installer now available.