Why supertuxkart has lost all its memory

Why supertuxkart has lost all its memory

Postby lloydyboy » 15 Jan 2013, 17:55

Hi guys

I've completed all the trials on my version 0.8 but I've just opened it up now to find I'm back at the beginning. Why has this happened, and how can I prevent it happening again? Or is there a quick fix to get my memory back?

I am having the same problem with my older version 0.73 - it wants me to do all the trials again.

Lloyd
lloydyboy

Re: Why supertuxkart has lost all its memory

Postby hiker » 15 Jan 2013, 23:46

lloydyboy {l Wrote}:I've completed all the trials on my version 0.8 but I've just opened it up now to find I'm back at the beginning. Why has this happened, and how can I prevent it happening again? Or is there a quick fix to get my memory back?

I am having the same problem with my older version 0.73 - it wants me to do all the trials again.

0.8 and 0.7.3 use the same config files, but can't read the older/newer formats. So whenever you run 0.7.3, all of 0.8 gets wiped out, and then if you run 0.8, all of 0.7.3 gets overwritten. So you should be fine if you just stick with one version.

Instructions on unlocking the tracks (without doing the challenges again) are ... somewhere here at the forum - sorry, don't have the link at hand.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby phildel » 17 Jan 2013, 03:39

Just delete the challenges folder to skip challenges...or ,as I do,move it elsewhere in case you want to move it back later
phildel

Postby JoeInMN » 20 Jan 2013, 10:03

hiker {l Wrote}:Instructions on unlocking the tracks (without doing the challenges again) are ... somewhere here at the forum - sorry, don't have the link at hand.

Cheers,
Joerg

I always just open the ~/.config/supertuxkart/challenges.xml file with a text editor, and change all of the "solved=false" flags to "solved=true." At least that's where it is with the Linux version. I assume that's the usual way to do it, as it's the easiest way I've found for myself.
JoeInMN

Postby Arthur » 20 Jan 2013, 10:04

Correct.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur