Ideas to implement in STK

Ideas to implement in STK

Postby altcoin » 16 Apr 2021, 01:39

Hello everyone,
I have been playing SuperTuxKart for a while now, and there are few things I thought I might say.

First off, STK is amazing. Thanks to everyone who has put effort into making such a wonderful game.

Next, when I connect multiple wiimotes for multiplayer and then go back to singleplayer without turning off the other wiimotes, the STK seems to be taking input from all remotes instead of only the active one. Any actions on any of the wiimotes will be captured by STK. I have compiled STK from the lastest github code.

Here are a few ideas to consider implementing in STK. Some of them will probably require far too much time and work but I thought I would mention them anyway.

Proposal 1: Change the color of the gift boxes.
Gift boxes and bowling balls are very similar in color and it is difficult for people with poor eyesight to differentiate between them. I think it would be nice to change the color of the gift boxes to something else, maybe turquoise with a gold ribbon.

Proposal 2: Purely my opinion, but it seems a little strange to me that running over banana peels would give a vehicle a bomb or an anchor. I would like it if there were some other item that dispensed these items. I am thinking about a box or crate similar to a gift box, but red and black with hazard symbols on it. Besides, banana peels could then be changed to something else fun, such as when a kart runs over the banana peel the kart slips to one side or spins in circles.

Proposal 3: Custom kart effects.
The karts are wonderful, but I think they could be greatly improved by making each one have a unique personality. This could include a special powerup for each character that none of the other characters possess. Each character could also have a list of funny actions or witty sayings to preform at a variety of triggers (bump wall, bump character, jump, skid, deploy powerup, etc).

Proposal 3: Custom kart properties.
I don’t know how this would be implemented, but I think that it would be nice for each kart to be designed with independent speed, acceleration, or nitro efficiency. As far as I know, there are only three values (large, medium, and small engine size), that control these factors. I think it would be nice if each of the variables (speed, acceleration, and nitro efficiency) could be set independently on a sliding scale. They could even be set so that there is a set number that they must add up to. In other words, increasing one variable would decrease the others. This would prevent karts from having maximum speed efficiency and acceleration simultaneously.

These are just my thoughts, and they are entirely open to discussion. I am interested to hear the opinions and ideas of others.
altcoin

Re: Ideas to implement in STK

Postby eltomito » 16 Apr 2021, 10:28

altcoin {l Wrote}:Hello everyone,
Proposal 1: Change the color of the gift boxes.
Gift boxes and bowling balls are very similar in color and it is difficult for people with poor eyesight to differentiate between them.

I hate it when that happens. But it may not be a bug but a feature :)
But yeah, I agree that making them easier to tell apart is worth considering. Black bowling balls may properly symbolize the incoming danger.

Proposal 2: Purely my opinion, but it seems a little strange to me that running over banana peels would give a vehicle a bomb or an anchor. I would like it if there were some other item that dispensed these items. I am thinking about a box or crate similar to a gift box, but red and black with hazard symbols on it.

Getting a bomb from a banana peel seems fairly appropriate for the STK world to me :D
Proposal 3: Custom kart effects. [...] a special powerup for each character that none of the other characters possess.

This has been discussed before (can't find the thread though) and the biggest problem is that it makes balancing the advantages of the different karts really hard.
Proposal 3: Custom kart properties.
I don’t know how this would be implemented, but I think that it would be nice for each kart to be designed with independent speed, acceleration, or nitro efficiency.

You can experiment with changing the exact value in the config file. I think that balancing the karts against each other is the problem again. I think it would make the game less fun if you had to use different karts for different tracks to be competitive.
Already, there are some very heavy-kart-friendly tracks (Volcano) and some light-kart-friendly tracks (XR591] where using the wrong type of kart makes it really hard to be competitive online.
eltomito

Postby fracture » 16 Apr 2021, 16:28

altcoin {l Wrote}:Proposal 1: Change the color of the gift boxes.
Gift boxes and bowling balls are very similar in color and it is difficult for people with poor eyesight to differentiate between them. I think it would be nice to change the color of the gift boxes to something else, maybe turquoise with a gold ribbon.

I'm pretty sure people can tell the difference between a gift box and bowling ball.

altcoin {l Wrote}:Proposal 2: Purely my opinion, but it seems a little strange to me that running over banana peels would give a vehicle a bomb or an anchor. I would like it if there were some other item that dispensed these items. I am thinking about a box or crate similar to a gift box, but red and black with hazard symbols on it. Besides, banana peels could then be changed to something else fun, such as when a kart runs over the banana peel the kart slips to one side or spins in circles.

That would be more realistic, though I've played this game for 2 years and from what I've seen most of these tracks rely on banana peels for hazards to make the tracks challenging.

altcoin {l Wrote}:Proposal 3: Custom kart effects.
The karts are wonderful, but I think they could be greatly improved by making each one have a unique personality. This could include a special powerup for each character that none of the other characters possess. Each character could also have a list of funny actions or witty sayings to preform at a variety of triggers (bump wall, bump character, jump, skid, deploy powerup, etc).

Do you realize how many karts are in the game and how many new powerups they'd have to create? There'd be twice as many special items as there are regular ones. Triggers or sayings could work.

altcoin {l Wrote}:Proposal 3: Custom kart properties.
I don’t know how this would be implemented, but I think that it would be nice for each kart to be designed with independent speed, acceleration, or nitro efficiency. As far as I know, there are only three values (large, medium, and small engine size), that control these factors. I think it would be nice if each of the variables (speed, acceleration, and nitro efficiency) could be set independently on a sliding scale. They could even be set so that there is a set number that they must add up to. In other words, increasing one variable would decrease the others. This would prevent karts from having maximum speed efficiency and acceleration simultaneously.

This could work, if the characters and karts were completely separate, where any character could drive any kart (e.g. Beastie being able to drive any light or medium kart, or his own kart), but then the game would be too complex. Having to actually decide which karts give you the best chance of winning takes the fun out of the game because now you can't use the characters you like and have to use a poorly designed kart to win. If the large/medium/small class system was removed and all karts were the same, then players could choose any kart and not worry about winning, but then this could make some tracks which work best with small karts (Minigolf, XR591) much more difficult. I think it's best to keep the system the way it is or possibly rebalance the karts.

Here are some other ideas
* Have a fixed amount of CPUs for each challenge in story mode (5 for easy, 7 for medium, 9 for hard, 11 for hardest/supertux)
* Find some way to get AI to detect on-road speed boosts or objects (some guy said something about adding some kind of attract/repel property a while ago)
* Remove the overworld in the story mode. Not only does it have terrible graphics, user-accessible track limits, but is it even necessary? I have an idea for a completely redone story mode but I'd have to put it in another thread (someone made one of an idea for a new overworld a while ago) because right now the story mode is terrible
fracture

Postby KiyanTheBluePenguin » 16 Apr 2021, 19:06

I'm Going To Do My Own Personal Opinion On This Ideas.

I Personally Think They Should Be Options.
And The Hard Ones To Implement, I Don't Know What To Say About Those Since I Don't Work On This Game.

Also With Gift Boxes And Bowling Balls, I Think They Can Be Seen As Diffrent Shapes, Like One Is A Ball And The Other Is A Gift.

The Second Proposal Is A Bit Conflicting To Me.
It's More Of A Mixed Bag.
On One Hand, It Makes Stuff Make More Sense, But On The Other, It's Just How I See The Game.
Plus, Bananas On The Floor In Real Life Can Be Kinda Dangerous Due To Someone Pottentially Slipping Because Of The Banana.

This Is All My Opinion, So Please Note That.
KiyanTheBluePenguin

Postby theodorepringle » 16 Apr 2021, 22:35

fracture {l Wrote}:* Have a fixed amount of CPUs for each challenge in story mode (5 for easy, 7 for medium, 9 for hard, 11 for hardest/supertux)

Something like that could work, 11 AIs is a lot though.

fracture {l Wrote}:* Remove the overworld in the story mode. Not only does it have terrible graphics, user-accessible track limits, but is it even necessary? I have an idea for a completely redone story mode but I'd have to put it in another thread (someone made one of an idea for a new overworld a while ago) because right now the story mode is terrible

Agreed.

I have a lot of ideas and things I would like to see changed, so here are a few for now:

- Remove the Grand Prix challenges from Story Mode. I don't really see any reason to play the same tracks twice, once individually and once in a Grand Prix. The individual challenges are probably more difficult anyway, as in the Grand Prix challenges there are no time limits, it's possible to win a Grand Prix without finishing first in any individual track, and it's possible to qualify by finishing as low as fourth overall.
- I don't really like the nitro challenges very much either, I feel like it kind of defeats the purpose of the game to try to get as much nitro as possible and not use any. I would rather they just be normal single player time trial challenges instead.
- I think an Egg Hunt challenge could be nice to have, and I would also like to see Reverse implemented in Story Mode in some way.
- The final challenge in Story Mode needs to be much more difficult, it should be the hardest challenge but instead it's currently one of the easiest.
- Remove item boxes in Egg Hunt, there's no point to them. Maybe remove bananas and nitros as well, they make gameplay a little different but I feel like the point of Egg Hunt is mainly about exploring a track so they're not necessary either.
- Display the lap times for each player instead of having the "New fastest lap" text at the bottom.
- The final time shown in the end screen should always match the time shown at the top left at the end of the race, it can be confusing that they often differ. Apparently this is actually an intended feature, the end screen time is supposed to be calculated based on interpolating the position of the kart a frame before finishing, but I don't really see the point of this as 1/120 seconds precision is good enough already, and it doesn't really work properly anyway.
theodorepringle

Postby QwertyChouskie » 16 Apr 2021, 22:53

altcoin {l Wrote}:Proposal 1: Change the color of the gift boxes.

Make sure "Glow" is enabled the the GFX settings (level 4 or higher), makes items a lot easier to spot.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby fracture » 17 Apr 2021, 00:14

theodorepringle {l Wrote}:- Remove the Grand Prix challenges from Story Mode. I don't really see any reason to play the same tracks twice, once individually and once in a Grand Prix. The individual challenges are probably more difficult anyway, as in the Grand Prix challenges there are no time limits, it's possible to win a Grand Prix without finishing first in any individual track, and it's possible to qualify by finishing as low as fourth overall.

If the grand prix challenges were removed then the story mode would be too short, but considering it's already a bad story mode, shortening it isn't a bad idea. Or they could make it to where you have to win every track in the grand prix, and if you lose even one race (finishing 2nd), you have to restart the entire GP all over again. Considering how difficult that would be and new players would get angry after losing the final race, I think it should only be done on the harder difficulties.

theodorepringle {l Wrote}:- The final challenge in Story Mode needs to be much more difficult, it should be the hardest challenge but instead it's currently one of the easiest.

Sven's new fort magma looks like it's not going to be much harder than the current fort magma, but along with having a longer, more difficult track, they should improve the boss AI and they can do this by either increasing the skill level of that AI (making him harder to race against) or just giving him overpowered items, but the latter isn't a good idea since it would become obvious the AI is cheating and the game is unfair.
Last edited by fracture on 17 Apr 2021, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
fracture

Postby tempAnon093 » 17 Apr 2021, 09:02

eltomito {l Wrote}:Black bowling balls may properly symbolize the incoming danger.

Good idea, but I wonder if it would be to similar too black asphalt roads. Orange or red might be good for contrast and represent danger.
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby altcoin » 17 Apr 2021, 20:51

fracture {l Wrote}:I'm pretty sure people can tell the difference between a gift box and bowling ball.

KiyanTheBluePenguin {l Wrote}:Also With Gift Boxes And Bowling Balls, I Think They Can Be Seen As Diffrent Shapes, Like One Is A Ball And The Other Is A Gift.

The shapes certainly make them easier to distinguish.
Most STK players, myself included, probably have no trouble at all but I have a few older friends who find it much more difficult and suggested that the color be changed.

QwertyChouskie {l Wrote}:Make sure "Glow" is enabled the the GFX settings (level 4 or higher), makes items a lot easier to spot.

I don’t know if I had glow enabled; I probably didn’t. :o Thank you for the suggestion.

fracture {l Wrote}:Having to actually decide which karts give you the best chance of winning takes the fun out of the game because now you can't use the characters you like and have to use a poorly designed kart to win.

I absolutely understand. Balancing the strengths and weaknesses of each kart is certainly a dilemma.

A possible solution would be to cap the total “resources” of each kart at a specific number.
For example, if each nitro efficiency, top speed, and acceleration were each on a scale of 0 to 1 (3 total possible), the total number of “resources” could be capped at 1.5 such that a kart with a top speed of 1 would only be able to have a total of 0.5 to spread between nitro efficiency and acceleration.
This would allow some independence in the variables, while still keeping a sort of balance between the karts.
Personally, I think this feature would a great improvement, as there are currently only three presets of kart performance. Allowing the karts have more unique performance and capabilities might make each one more personal and interesting, but again this is only my opinion.

theodorepringle {l Wrote}:I feel like it kind of defeats the purpose of the game to try to get as much nitro as possible and not use any.

Is there any reason that you aren't allowed to use the nitro? Could we just take out that rule and encourage the player to use any nitro they can get. (Perhaps they only get points for the nitro they use.) :think: This would differentiate it more from the time trial, and it would also make tracks with many sharp turns and few log stretches even more challenging.

By the way, a few of my rambunctious friends have asked me to make a new set of karts: A gift box, a banana peel, and a bowling ball.
They want these karts to look exactly like the real game assets so that people can only tell them apart because some are moving! :lol:
altcoin

Postby QwertyChouskie » 17 Apr 2021, 22:15

altcoin {l Wrote}:By the way, a few of my rambunctious friends have asked me to make a new set of karts: A gift box, a banana peel, and a bowling ball.
They want these karts to look exactly like the real game assets so that people can only tell them apart because some are moving! :lol:

That makes me think of the first row of items in Mars Park :P
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby FabianF » 18 Apr 2021, 11:36

Actually there is a banana addon kart and some people made unofficial gift box addons as well. The banana kart is not approved, unfortunately (really, a shame!), so you will need Artist Debug Mode to install.
FabianF

Postby Bird » 24 Apr 2021, 13:33

STK, what a fantastic game. I do "endurance races" with 20 laps and a full grid of 20 karts. Pure chaos and mayhem... but it stays fair and playable. Sometimes karts drop out of the competition and finish one minute behind everyone. Something other kart racing games don't have is the AI giving up in such a case. Would be quite funny to see an AI that is too far behind just dropping out of the race.

For the long races, a kart sometimes catches the lead and manages to stay there for the whole distance. More chaos would come from having the basketball appear more often depending on the leader being very far in the lead.

What about getting silver and bronze trophies in the story mode for single races? That could give a smaller amount of progess points. It would at least give some progess, even if the race wasn't won.

Starting procedure... the penalty feels a bit unfriendly. Maybe the kart could start to smoke a little bit, if the accelerator is pressed too quickly.

Customiseability is the biggest strengh of such a community made game. I'd like to see the points table being editable in the game's options. Then I could imagine a pre-defined list of karts that take part in the races. The participants are randomly drawn now, but if whoever wants to make custom GPs with whatever rules they'd like, could use the ability to have a pre-defined driver list. Nascar 96 used that, too. As a kid, I would have loved that. And I would have been annoyed to see Sara as a Wizard and as a Sorcerer in the same race.

Kart ideas... maybe personify a Microsoft kart and make that the looser kart. I can only think of Cortana fitting for that at the moment. Balancing the other karts would be difficult indeed. If the differences between the different kart types would be smaller and it's mostly down to the skill of the player, it wouldn't frustrate using "not the best" kart, I guess. I think it would do the game well to have every character with some advantages and disadvantages. An option for online multiplayer to have all karts at the same performance would be possible, too!

Now enough written. Back at racing!
Bird

Postby Kiki316 » 26 Apr 2021, 10:27

Hello,
First of all, thank you to everyone contributing to the development of STK because it's a really great game. For an idea of improving the game, I would suggest a very colorful track, with candies, candies, lollipops, (maybe a bridge which would pass over a river of chocolate). All this with the aim of diversifying the different tracks of STK and offering more colorful ones! Here, my proposal seems perhaps a little crazy but hey, who does not try anything has nothing!
With that, thank you all again and see you soon!

Kiki316
Kiki316

Postby eltomito » 26 Apr 2021, 16:25

Kiki316 {l Wrote}:Hello,
[...]I would suggest a very colorful track, with candies, candies, lollipops, (maybe a bridge which would pass over a river of chocolate).

There's the Sweet Cake track in the addons: https://online.supertuxkart.net/addons. ... sweet-cake
Kiki316 {l Wrote}: All this with the aim of diversifying the different tracks of STK and offering more colorful ones!

Try Toy Block Raceway too! https://online.supertuxkart.net/addons. ... ck-raceway
eltomito

Postby Kiki316 » 27 Apr 2021, 08:12

Oh sorry, I did not know that there was already a track like this !
Sorry again and thank you !
Kiki316

Postby Bird » 01 May 2021, 13:48

Seeing all these messages of "new lap record" appear, I've just remembered how hard me and some friends fought for records. What do you think about having a "Lap Record" for every track permanently saved and displayed at the track selection for example? The question would be, if the AI or a human player would set the time.

In "Story Mode", I'd like to critisice the challenge criteria on Supertux. Having a racing game which has uncontrollable hazards like random items, basketballs blowing the leader up and the item confuser, it's not a very good idea to ask for such a tough time. It depends too much on luck.

In Online races, it sometimes happens that the same number of people vote for the same track, but with different lap numbers. Knowing that number of laps is important (to prepare mentally), so I'd say, display the number of laps right there with the karts sitting on the starting grid. I understand the beauty of having a clear interface before the start. It could be an option for online races only, because for normal races have the number of laps displayed before the game loads the track.

The standard track "Zen Garden" has missing hitboxes for the thin trees in the first sector in front of the bridge. There is a nice possibility to cut (have a look at the picture). But the trees can be passed through, which makes it a bit too easy.
Bird

Postby eltomito » 01 May 2021, 20:25

Bird {l Wrote}:Seeing all these messages of "new lap record" appear, I've just remembered how hard me and some friends fought for records. What do you think about having a "Lap Record" for every track permanently saved and displayed at the track selection for example?

I like that idea. I'd put it next to the track records, though.

Bird {l Wrote}:In "Story Mode", I'd like to critisice the challenge criteria on Supertux. Having a racing game which has uncontrollable hazards like random items, basketballs blowing the leader up and the item confuser, it's not a very good idea to ask for such a tough time. It depends too much on luck.

Come on! SuperTux should mean it's hard!
Bird {l Wrote}:In Online races, it sometimes happens that the same number of people vote for the same track, but with different lap numbers. Knowing that number of laps is important (to prepare mentally), so I'd say, display the number of laps right there with the karts sitting on the starting grid.

Yes, I often think the same. I don't have the time to look at the lap counter once the race is on and it really matters whether you're doing 3 or 4 laps!
Bird {l Wrote}:The standard track "Zen Garden" has missing hitboxes for the thin trees in the first sector in front of the bridge. There is a nice possibility to cut (have a look at the picture). But the trees can be passed through, which makes it a bit too easy.

I think it's a well known feature of this track :)
eltomito

Postby theodorepringle » 05 May 2021, 08:36

Bird {l Wrote}:The standard track "Zen Garden" has missing hitboxes for the thin trees in the first sector in front of the bridge. There is a nice possibility to cut (have a look at the picture). But the trees can be passed through, which makes it a bit too easy.

It's definitely problematic that cutting through the grass is faster and easier than following the main road there. I think the best solution would be making the off-road much slower so that it isn't worth it.
theodorepringle

Postby Bird » 06 May 2021, 18:06

About Zen Garden: If there would be one more tree right there, where cutting is possible, and all the trees wouldn't be ghosts at all, that would be fantastic I think. I like about Zen Garden, that the edges of the road aren't total killers, like they are at the lighthouse track, where the sand off road is lowering the speed dramatically.

Okay, now I agree that the SuperTux challenges have the right difficulty! Knowing the shortcuts is essential.

Network play showed some weaknesses of STK. At the lobby, the wrong player sometimes gets the crown and controls the server. Wrong means that the player may be away from the keyboard, or be a bit nasty in general and let's the other racers wait. There could be an option to assign the crown to another player, which the other players have to trigger. Like a voting to turn over the goverment.

Is there an option to surrender in an online game? I've seen some people disconnect and reconnect again (which has reasons for the ranking, too). But I think more at a situation like one had a terrible run, is dead last with a gap of 30 seconds to the next player and it might be impolite to let the others wait.

Playing on a server that wants to use addons made me laugh (for it being that inconvent, having to type every track in the chat line). I'm lazy, the server should offer me a list of everything it uses and when I press "download", then it downloads everything at once. No, this shouldn't be aborted when the race starts, because a new player has to do this only once and is fine then. Is security a concern? Someone might smuggle a inappropriate addon in?
Bird

Postby kimden » 06 May 2021, 20:05

I don't know why Frankfurt Two or similar servers make you laugh - if the server exists, then it is probably needed for someone (especially if it is played more than most of other servers including some ranked ones).

It is not server's fault that you need to install tracks one by one, it is a limitation by STK team and we cannot do anything with that. However, anyone can make an easy installation for you, packing several addons into one zip so you can just /installaddon it once (e.g. /installaddon https://stk.kimden.online/mimiz.zip installs 70+ addons by skindoormimiz - no ads intended, just a working example).
I make servers, addons, online events, and many others things.
my page, my STK fork, my youtube channel
kimden

Postby kimden » 06 May 2021, 20:23

Also hi from some person who disconnects and reconnects again! :cool:
I make servers, addons, online events, and many others things.
my page, my STK fork, my youtube channel
kimden

Postby Bird » 13 May 2021, 20:37

Well first, thank you for having all these servers! It was a good experience playing against 10 other players on your server. But I remember you for ragequitting sometimes, when Hexley crashes with you (or you with Hexley) at the start of a race!

Maybe an example of another game, that was called "Clonk", which had lots of mods, and that had the perfect solution for network play. You can join any game, whether you have the addons or not, and immediately, the missing addons are loaded from the host. The addons are required to play the game of course, so it has to wait until everyone who wants to take part in that network game has downloaded the addons. And with small file sizes of some MB, it's a quick solution.

Some other thoughts on SuperTuxKart: Don't you think the basketball could be a bit louder? Sometimes I've got real paranoia hearing some "boing, boing" behind me... but it was just in my imagination. Even as a backmarker in the field, I'd like to be able to avoid it. The challenge of the basketball is very good in the longer races I think, although it fails too often at some tracks. There could be a more successful leader-killer, especially when someone is very far in the lead.

When throwing the red thing to empty a clogged line (don't know this object name, sorry!) into an empty space, or into infinity so to speak, it gives quite a good boost there! Is that intended? The longer the red thing takes to hit something, the better the boost is. Wouldn't it be an even greater challenge to have to choose some places on the map, where the red thing could find a good hold? Am I even right with this observation?
Bird

Postby theodorepringle » 14 May 2021, 07:20

Bird {l Wrote}:Some other thoughts on SuperTuxKart: Don't you think the basketball could be a bit louder? Sometimes I've got real paranoia hearing some "boing, boing" behind me... but it was just in my imagination. Even as a backmarker in the field, I'd like to be able to avoid it. The challenge of the basketball is very good in the longer races I think, although it fails too often at some tracks. There could be a more successful leader-killer, especially when someone is very far in the lead.

In version 1.2 you can see the positions of basketballs on the minimap.

Bird {l Wrote}:When throwing the red thing to empty a clogged line (don't know this object name, sorry!) into an empty space, or into infinity so to speak, it gives quite a good boost there! Is that intended? The longer the red thing takes to hit something, the better the boost is. Wouldn't it be an even greater challenge to have to choose some places on the map, where the red thing could find a good hold? Am I even right with this observation?

Those are plungers. I agree that throwing one into the air to gain speed isn't really very challenging, especially as it saves a rather significant amount of time.
theodorepringle

Postby Bird » 01 Jun 2021, 07:36

theodorepringle {l Wrote}:In version 1.2 you can see the positions of basketballs on the minimap.

That's good. But maybe consider how the sound of a world affects our feeling for the environment. The screeching tyres indicate exactly, when to release the drift. A bowling ball rolling from behind. The "crazy" sound of the bananas-to-presents-exchange-item, signalising that different racing lines have to be used. Many things come down to the sounds, the world makes. I've experienced good things turning off the HUD in other racing games completly, because then it's only the digital environment, where every information has to be extracted.

Another thing: Some checkpoints could be bigger I think. Problems seem to happen on the "Mine" track quite often. Which is unfortuneate! Because if no time is gained, so what? Players shouldn't be punished any further. If cutting should be prohibited, please build the tracks in a proper way. It's not good how they do it in Formula One.
Bird

Postby Bird » 21 Jul 2021, 19:31

Long races get very exciting through the debris that's on track. The gums of course. It gets harder each lap as the conditions change. Some tracks have debris on their own like the "Old Mine", What about an item, that throws a stone block behind the kart? The block can be pushed away, but has some weight to slow the kart down. But is the engine capable of handling too many loose objects? Some funny things can happen at the old "Subsea" track. Push one of the pillars further and further to the submarine harbour. The pushed object will fall down to the seaground doing funny things...

And I hate the cake, because it's too easy to hit someone with that.
Bird